X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talking about confidence..

OVER confidence.. lol

Kawabuchi: We can beat Brazil

Japan's football chief Saburo Kawabuchi feels Brazil are beatable, after being drawn against the world champions.

Asia's highest ranked nation will play against Brazil, Croatia and Australia in Germany.

Kawabuchi feels Japan's chances of progressing are dependant on how they do against Croatia and Australia - but insists Brazil can be beaten.

"It will be good if we can play Brazil after collecting two wins, I don't think Brazil is a side we can't beat," Kawabuchi said.

"There isn't a big gap between us and Brazil as there was at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics.

"I hope that we can get through the group stage and that Zico can bring our national team to a higher position with his charisma."

Brazilian legend Zico is in charge of Japan and is optimistic that his charges can do well against his homeland.

"It may be better to meet Brazil in the group stage rather than later in the tournament," Zico said.

"I hope our players will put on a wonderful performance as they did in the Confederations Cup.

"But I would like to focus on Australia first. Playing well in that match will help us get going in the tournament."

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?h...l&channel=asia

Japan have played agasint Brazil several times and last time in the confederations cup they really did do a great job..

Japan needs their credit for being a good team when it counts..and Brazil should not take Japan for granted

But Japan is very very weakend currently with many stars such as

Nakata- not getting decent playtime in Bolton

Takahara-havent been played at all much in the bundesliga..only the first 3-4 games...

Ono-1 of their best midfielders have been injured for about 6-7 months and the club is thinking about selling him back to J-league and he will most probably not be the same for the 2006 world cup...

Or what about Inamoto and Yagasawa...Yagasawa is a public watcher of the Messina games and does not play at all ofter...

Inamoto have been good this season but the situation with him is not certain..some day he starts..some day he is benched..some day he plays 7 minutes some day he plays 4 minutes...

I mean they really have 6 months to get the act of their stars together

They are very weak and their better players arent doing good..

BUT Even Brazil is beatable

Comment

haha great post thanks

Comment

Working...
      X