The Asian Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    You know with the way SK, Japan, and Saudi played I expect even more of their players going to Europe or quality players coming to their leagues. It will only benefit Asia even more. Aussies and Iran need to do better.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    I doubt Saudi will get any legionnaires. If they would do, they will straight come back to their local league

Comment

Russia considering moving to AFC

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/footb...le66193082.ece

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Russia considering moving to AFC

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/footb...le66193082.ece

LOL now That Asia has 8 1/3 spots!
        Typical Russian move!
        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
        نگاه میکنید.
        sigpic
        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

I doubt Saudi will get any legionnaires. If they would do, they will straight come back to their local league
          The reason they don't have
          any legionnaires is very likely because
          their own clubs pay them handsomely
          and no European club could match that?!
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post

The reason they don't have
            any legionnaires is very likely because
            their own clubs pay them handsomely
            and no European club could match that?!
            Exactly.
            Regarding Russia, zenit announced a friendly with Sepahan for yesterday. They end playing Spartak

Comment

Exactly.
              Regarding Russia, zenit announced a friendly with Sepahan for yesterday. They end playing Spartak
              Yeah man
              Isn't it fucking depressing that we could be potentially
              one of the richest nations and yet ruled by a corrupt regime
              that the shitiest league in Europe payes better
              than our best clubs?

نگاه میکنید.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post

LOL now That Asia has 8 1/3 spots!
                Typical Russian move!
                Either way will help the quality of Asian football immensely. Likely won't threaten WCQ for any of the Asian teams in WC with exception of Qatar.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

If Russia enters AFC it will be very funny to see them switch back to UEFA later on in some years when situation is normalised with west

Regardles, its a stupid move by them. They should just stick it out.

Comment

Would love Russia to join AFC. IT would help us get more competitive matches that are relevant for WC level. I wish turkey would just as well. Then asia could actually fill our 8 slots in next WCs competitively.

Iran
                    Japan
                    S. Korea
                    Saudi Arabia
                    Australia
                    Russia
                    Turkey
                    Uzbekistan

Additional teams on lower level that will continue to improve: Iraq, Qatar, Oman, Vietnam, Tajikstan

Comment

Either way will help the quality of Asian football immensely. Likely won't threaten WCQ for any of the Asian teams in WC with exception of Qatar.

Totally agree
                      نگاه میکنید.
                      sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Turkeye would want to join too

NO NO I think AFC should not allow them
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic

Comment

Russia coming into the AFC ties into a larger issue for teams already within the confederation: we need more competitive matches, particularly given Europe and South America's attempt to monopolize the international game.

AFC should partner with Africa to create its own Nations League. At this point absorbing Oceania won't hurt either with New Zealand being somewhat competitive. There could be a bifurcated Nations League between top tier and lesser teams.

Otherwise, AFC WC qualifying should utilize a single table such as CONCACAF does. Iran deserves to be tested against Japan, Australia, Saudi Arabia and Uzbekistan. Yet the last time we faced any of these teams competitively was in 2019 (Japan). We haven't faced the Uzbeks in such a game since 2018. Its been a decade since either of the other two have come our way. Not good for our standards.

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
                            Russia coming into the AFC ties into a larger issue for teams already within the confederation: we need more competitive matches, particularly given Europe and South America's attempt to monopolize the international game.

AFC should partner with Africa to create its own Nations League. At this point absorbing Oceania won't hurt either with New Zealand being somewhat competitive. There could be a bifurcated Nations League between top tier and lesser teams.

Otherwise, AFC WC qualifying should utilize a single table such as CONCACAF does. Iran deserves to be tested against Japan, Australia, Saudi Arabia and Uzbekistan. Yet the last time we faced any of these teams competitively was in 2019 (Japan). We haven't faced the Uzbeks in such a game since 2018. Its been a decade since either of the other two have come our way. Not good for our standards.
                            We also never played Australia since they joined AFC

Comment

AfC do an horrible job having the Asian cup 6 months after the world cup. 2 years or less before a world cup would be much better

Comment

We also never played Australia since they joined AFC
                                I say lets make a trade with the europeans. We get Russia to Afc and they get Australia to Uefa. Id even gladly throw in Syria, Iraq and Uae in to the deal..
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X