Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Iran - Uruguay; Info, Updates and Live Reports (23.09.2022)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
    CQ is the master of making big teams look ordinary against us:
    -Argentina
    -Spain
    -Portugal

and now Uruguay. Yet, I know many of their fans will say: “Oh, it was a bad game from us.” The same thing the fans of those other teams said. We’re a good freakin team. When will they learn? Dameh CQ & bacheha garm!
    The point of the game is winning. Making teams look ordinary is utterly useless.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      Come on bro,
      They can do it vs former team, ashoura tasoua of god knows 1400 yrs a go, but not when their own pple dying in street?

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
      I understand where you're coming from and I would have loved to boast that TM players showed some gesture and even telling myself that they will do something at the WC when the authorities couldn't get at them...

However, I don't expect heroics from ordinary people and that is what they are.. ordinary people. Would I have done something to risk my entire life's income or worse if I were in their shoes? If I came from poverty and football and money meant so much more, would I have risked it?

Comment

Jahanbakhsh: too many intercepted passes and loosing the ball too easy no confidence with the ball. Beiranvand: passes to defenders within the danger zones as opposed to passing to the wings. Several back passes (problematic).These are punishable in the World Cup that will determine the outcome.
        Overall much better performance that I’ve seen in a while but much more to be desired to qualify to the second round.
        My two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
          ……

BTW... when you make an argument, leave the exaggeration behind...it detracts from your rhetoric. CQ is getting $50,000 A MONTH plus 12%of Fifa bonus should we get promoted from our group. That 12% is a big bonus...plus he has been promised employment to end of Asian cup...that means about $500,000. As well as another chance to go to the WC... very possibly his last. And also employment for all his assistants...5 or 6 of them.

Well, the point is he is working for 50k a month right now and there is no guarantee TM will make the next round. And if CQ does make us qualify to the next round he and his team will get 12% of FIFA prize money, but you seem to forget that the federation still gets 88% of it. Frankly 12% is not much, especially when the time is so short & chance of it is pretty low. But if we do get across the line it’s a win-win situation for us especially for the federation who gets all that money. So good on the federation for agreeing to pay a small sum as pay but bigger sum for making it to the next round, good thinking & good incentive for all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
            Well, the point is he is working for 50k a month right now and there is no guarantee TM will make the next round. And if CQ does make us qualify to the next round he and his team will get 12% of FIFA prize money, but you seem to forget that the federation still gets 88% of it. Frankly 12% is not much, especially when the time is so short & chance of it is pretty low. But if we do get across the line it’s a win-win situation for us especially for the federation who gets all that money. So good on the federation for agreeing to pay a small sum as pay but bigger sum for making it to the next round, good thinking & good incentive for all involved.
            No I did not forget that at all.why would you think I did?

I was correcting a point of fact .CQ is not getting just 50k.

Comment

CQ didn't join for money this time. He is almost 70. And his account is full.
              It was an opportunity to work withe group he built himself

Comment

You are correct he is not getting just £50k, he is getting £50k per month, which is considerably more.

Comment

Tbh, LOLLLLL at the few members here who have constantly downplayed Carlos Queiroz's quality and his excellent achievements with Iran....+ their ignorance/Delusion when they suggest Iran should play open, offensive football.

Comment

Not celebrating a goal in meaningless friendly is nothing aziz.
                    I didn't ask them to risk their wc spot lol
                    This is a good debate and I appreciate the fact that everyone is staying civil. I was so conflicted yesterday especially when young people in Iran continued to demonstrate during the game. That tells you how serious this movement is. I tend to agree that TM players could have made a statement by not celebrating and I actually think that considering how popular TM is that could have been a great gesture in support of the current movement.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                      Tbh, LOLLLLL at the few members here who have constantly downplayed Carlos Queiroz's quality and his excellent achievements with Iran....+ their ignorance/Delusion when they suggest Iran should play open, offensive football.
                      Out of the blue, you come out here to call some people ignorance/delusion when you don't even understand what those people are saying. I don't want to speak for everyone, but what I have always said is that we don't need to park the bus. That is different than open, offensive football. There are 500 million shades between park the bus and open, offensive football. Yesterday, was not parking the bus in my book. Still more defensive than offensive, but in my opinion, the correct amount. We were playing a better team and had to strike the right balance. But we were offensive enough to give ourselves a chance to win. And we did. From open play. Ball went for Abedz, to Kanani to Moharami, switched to Taremi to Ansarifard back to Taremi to Ghoddos to Ansarifard and back to Taremi for the goal.

CQ used to make giants out of our opponents and make ourselves to be ill equipped soldiers that were going to war against the giants and had to be brave and sacrifice everything to potentially stand up to the giants. The new CQ seems more relaxed. Perhaps CQ believes in our players now, but for whatever reason, he gave us a chance to win yesterday. I feel Uruguay team yesterday was at the same level as Spain 2018. Go compare the way we played yesterday to how we played Spain until we fell behind 1-0. Quite a contrast.

Hope this self believe persists,

Go TM.

Comment

Don't say that.
                        This is the minimum they could have done.
                        Celebrating like they beat Uruguay in WC.

Going by your logic, they shouldn't celebrate if they beat Uruguay in the WC either. Which is it then?
                        This Color
                        Italy, EsEs, Chelsea, Lakers

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                          Out of the blue, you come out here to call some people ignorance/delusion when you don't even understand what those people are saying. I don't want to speak for everyone, but what I have always said is that we don't need to park the bus. That is different than open, offensive football. There are 500 million shades between park the bus and open, offensive football. Yesterday, was not parking the bus in my book. Still more defensive than offensive, but in my opinion, the correct amount. We were playing a better team and had to strike the right balance. But we were offensive enough to give ourselves a chance to win. And we did. From open play. Ball went for Abedz, to Kanani to Moharami, switched to Taremi to Ansarifard back to Taremi to Ghoddos to Ansarifard and back to Taremi for the goal.

CQ used to make giants out of our opponents and make ourselves to be ill equipped soldiers that were going to war against the giants and had to be brave and sacrifice everything to potentially stand up to the giants. The new CQ seems more relaxed. Perhaps CQ believes in our players now, but for whatever reason, he gave us a chance to win yesterday. I feel Uruguay team yesterday was at the same level as Spain 2018. Go compare the way we played yesterday to how we played Spain until we fell behind 1-0. Quite a contrast.

Hope this self believe persists,

Go TM.
                          Bang on. It's not black or white, this or that offense or defensive but rather about being more balanced and adaptable.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

It is time to post the Senegal Sticky ..Mods would you please?

Comment

where did you read that he's guaranteed 12% and a contract through the end of the asian cup? from what ive read/seen there's no guarantee past the world cup...?

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                                where did you read that he's guaranteed 12% and a contract through the end of the asian cup? from what ive read/seen there's no guarantee past the world cup...?
                                I heard Taj being asked this question in one of his interviews & him saying there was an incentive payment for making the next round but didnt say the percentage or amount. In any case, this is quite normal, many coaches & teams do get a payment for making the next round.

Comment

Working...
                                X