Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Iran - Uruguay; Info, Updates and Live Reports (23.09.2022)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
    A lot of people are upset that the TM players celebrated their goal instead of taking a calmer moment given recent events
    I think in the moment they may have forgotten, in this picture you can see Saman gesturing to them to calm down:
    https://s2.glbimg.com/dLmyRZC1AOIsoz...ury-report.jpg

Im glad they at least made the profile changes
    it really wasnt all that extravagant of a celebration anyhow ..! it got that way because there happened to be some bench players warming up at that corner mehdi ran to after scoring..!! otherwise he just did his kiss on mochband which i like..!
    agree on the bold though now that their main task at hand was finished .... well ftb..!

i think with so little time left to prepare for these challenging friendlies and the soon arriving WC games, CQ coulda ill afforded to allow them to get heavily invested in the sudden shitstorm brewing back home and had warned them earlier from getting too distracted by their SM activities ... wouldnt surprise me if he had told them such from way back before even arriving to camp..!! ?

anyways like i said before their best contribution TM could make yet to this movement would be to have a very successful WC Campaign thus give a legit reason for a truly large outpouring of our people in the streets..!

Comment

Just curious as to what you all saw with respect to Azmoun? I like Sardar as a player and person. He is obviously gifted, but today he seemed lethargic. He was trotting around most of the time, and while he had a couple of good spells dribbling, I didn't see much else. Even when he was pressuring (which wasn't often), he looked tired. His 50/50 challenges were more like 30/70 (in favor of the opponent).

Is playing at Leverkusen affecting him negatively? Bundesliga has rarely been kind to Iranians, AD aside.

Comment

TM won inside the field but it was disgusting to see how they celebrate after goal with current situation.
        Pretty dissapointed tbh

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          TM won inside the field but it was disgusting to see how they celebrate after goal with current situation.
          Pretty dissapointed tbh

Its football bro dont confuse things

Comment

oof. just spent some time scrolling team melli social media and people in iran are pissed about TMs lack of support. even after they changed their instagram profile pics many of the comments are "too little too late" or "disgusting the way you celebrated" or "yeah we can see how upset you are from the way you celebrated" etc etc

i think passions and emotions are high right now. i don't think the team did anything wrong. they're footballers trying to navigate a delicate situation, not trained media personalities.

Comment

Originally posted by persianballer View Post
              Its football bro dont confuse things
              Don't say that.
              This is the minimum they could have done.
              Celebrating like they beat Uruguay in WC.

Comment

Don't say that.
                This is the minimum they could have done.
                Celebrating like they beat Uruguay in WC.

This is the highest rank opponent to my knowledge that TM has ever beat. They brought their A team and we beat them. The celebration I viewed as coming from a place of stress. The players are 60 days away from the WC with little prep, just changed coaches, and all the chaos and sadness in the country. I think they were happy to have something go right for once, so they could make us all happier in these difficult times...
                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I don't agree on this, sorry guys.
                  I was happy we beat them(despite getting lucky as well), ama hese o hal Football nist in roza.
                  I barely miss the game but watched this one here and there live.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                    This is the highest rank opponent to my knowledge that TM has ever beat. They brought their A team and we beat them. The celebration I viewed as coming from a place of stress. The players are 60 days away from the WC with little prep, just changed coaches, and all the chaos and sadness in the country. I think they were happy to have something go right for once, so they could make us all happier in these difficult times...
                    Well-said! The main REASON they wanted CQ is for the people. They believe iranians deserve BETTER. They had every right to be ecstatic after getting such a historic victory over such a high ranked opponent.

Sports is an escape for many, many people across the globe, in spite of any hardships or tragedies at home. People watch to decompress, and in this case—feel proud of their players showing gheyrat, hustle, and determination as they represent their nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first time Iran has beaten a team that has won the World Cup.
                      Well we did beat Brazil in the 1972 Olympics but I am not sure if that counts since they came to the tournament with their Olympic(B) team.

Comment

I don't agree on this, sorry guys.
                        I was happy we beat them(despite getting lucky as well), ama hese o hal Football nist in roza.
                        I barely miss the game but watched this one here and there live.

Mahbod Jan, let’s not force anyone to do any sort of performance art for our sake.

It means nothing and effects nothing when it’s like this.

My mothers family was forced to go out in the street in 1979 and protest in favor of the revolution or risk their entire house being destroyed! What good did that for anyone ?

We need to be in a place where people can do what they want, as long as it doesn’t harm others.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          Mahbod Jan, let’s not force anyone to do any sort of performance art for our sake.

It means nothing and effects nothing when it’s like this.

My mothers family was forced to go out in the street in 1979 and protest in favor of the revolution or risk their entire house being destroyed! What good did that for anyone ?

We need to be in a place where people can do what they want, as long as it doesn’t harm others.
                          Not celebrating a goal in meaningless friendly is nothing aziz.
                          I didn't ask them to risk their wc spot lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
                            Wow man.. it's freaking URUGUAY. What did you expect? That we'd totally shut them down while performing Tika-Taka out of our goal box, all the way to their goal box, and then tap it in?

Uruguay is clearly the better team with regards to technical ability, and their tactics were on-point. However, we were disciplined and a bit lucky; I think Uruguay deserved at least one goal for all the great chances they had. At the same time, I don't care. The best team on paper doesn't always win, especially in this sport. Endurance, aggressiveness and mental fortitude play a huge part.

I read this thread expecting some dissent, but my goodness, there are still too many fans here who are so critical that if they applied the same scrutiny to their own lives, I doubt they'd pass any test.

CQ came here for $50000.. are you kidding me? A coach of his caliber? Who does that? He does, because he loves the team and the people. We are blessed. Let's enjoy the ride, no matter the results in the WC.
                            No you misunderstood the post completely.

I expected we would lose.

My point was that we should not get carried away because the result was a bit of a fluke.

They were able to find a number of holes in our defense despite us playing 4-5-1 and in many instances having 9 behind halfway point of our own half.

I wanted Uruguay to test us and show us our weaknesses. They did that. They also showed some of our strengths (like Beiro, and Taremi). If you read the US and English sports media, they indicated that this was a wake-up call to their respective teams.... something we should not be happy about.

We have an awesome coach who indicated in his post that we have to work at getting better...he meant what I am saying... Take the self belief from the game but nothing else. We were exposed a bunch of times and a more focused striker or luckier team would have made it t 2-1 rather than 0-1.

BTW... when you make an argument, leave the exaggeration behind...it detracts from your rhetoric. CQ is getting $50,000 A MONTH plus 12%of Fifa bonus should we get promoted from our group. That 12% is a big bonus...plus he has been promised employment to end of Asian cup...that means about $500,000. As well as another chance to go to the WC... very possibly his last. And also employment for all his assistants...5 or 6 of them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Not celebrating a goal in meaningless friendly is nothing aziz.
                              I didn't ask them to risk their wc spot lol

1 - it wasn’t a crazy celebration
                              2 - celebrating is instinctual and you do it without too much thinking sometimes. Yes some players can control themselves but we all know Taremi is not the smartest player off the field!
                              To me asking a football player not to celebrate Is like asking a dancer not dance when there is music on.

Overall, to me these guys are not the problem. We want the regime gone. I could care less what any athlete or celebrity says about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                1 - it wasn’t a crazy celebration
                                2 - celebrating is instinctual and you do it without too much thinking sometimes. Yes some players can control themselves but we all know Taremi is not the smartest player off the field!
                                To me asking a football player not to celebrate Is like asking a dancer not dance when there is music on.

Overall, to me these guys are not the problem. We want the regime gone. I could care less what any athlete or celebrity says about it.
                                Come on bro,
                                They can do it vs former team, ashoura tasoua of god knows 1400 yrs a go, but not when their own pple dying in street?

Comment

Working...
                                X