Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Iran - Uruguay; Info, Updates and Live Reports (23.09.2022)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two takeaway from the game today (regardless of the great result):
    1) Glad having CQ back at the helm. Our defense and midfield were solid, and we played smart.
    2) Taremi is a beast! He is a defender, playmaker and striker all at once. We really need him in top shape for the WC.

Comment

This victory after such a short bit of preparation only goes to reinforce the argument that this bus parking rubbish is easy to do. Not impressed at all, I hope to see a November friendly against some Arabs to see if this team is truly up to scratch or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Irooni30 View Post
        Guys what happened with ramin rezaien not even on the list or team photo anyone have any info ?

I know a few of our players were having visa issues.

Comment

Taremi is pure class.
          "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by persiandream View Post
            Was shabake 3 broadcasting?

I was just informed the Chanel was hacked and shahin najafi was on line..

Can anyone confirm this info?
            I was watching CH3 when it was hacked!!! :-)

Comment

Fantastic prep game for Iran!

The team performance had CQ style written all over it. There was a game plan and a strategy which despite some gaps was implemented fairly well by the players.

Even the subs were according to a plan.

Well done!

Although the result is not all that important but a great win! Think of it as a revenge for when we unfairly lost to Uruguay on penalties at Carlsberg Cup some years ago.

Looking forward to Senegal game.

Comment

2 TM fans were ejected from the game for protesting the death of Mahsa Amini:
                https://www.espn.com/soccer/ir-iran/...police-custody

Comment

TM Instagram is not posting the score

Comment

Originally posted by Irooni30 View Post
                    Guys what happened with ramin rezaien not even on the list or team photo anyone have any info ?
                    Hopefully dropped off the squad & zahedi brought on to take his place ..! 🙏

Comment

Wow....

Just give this man a 10 year contract loi. Around 2 weeks in charge, and look at the difference already when comparing the win against Uruguay's A team, vs the loss against Algeria's B team. I know each game is different, and there is always a matter of luck. But you can clearly see the difference, especially in our defending. This is becoming Carlos' team again, we should have never let him go. I can't believe he is back.

And a big shoutout to all of our players, I am sure they are under a lot of stress given the situation in Iran and you can tell this friendly meant more to them than just a game of football. They put a lot in to make us all a bit happier.

It's coming Qom, it's coming Qom!! WE are coming for you England!!

This is one of our best friendly wins in our history. They say friendly results don't matter, but this will shut up a lot of people who had already wrote us off. Senegal is going to be a massive test too, luckily Carlos will know their team now that he was in Egypt.
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Great win, still some shakiness in the players, but we played confident and with a plan. Thank heavens for that, not looking completely disorganized is a huge step forward, but there are still improvements that need to be made. Very proud of the hustle, I think CQ probably learned a lot from this game, especially that abedzadeh isn’t there yet.

Noorafkan didn’t look bad in his cameo… did I predict the future? With a role and support, I’m telling you this guy is going to look like a million bucks in CQ’s system.

All the people with bad takes and CQ slander, we forgive you. Hopefully we’re all united now under the TM banner!

Comment

Ok I will be the first to say if this type of play is the result of CQ coming back, then my goodness more power to him. This was one of the best games I have seen from TM in a very long time. As some said, we played a balanced game today. I felt like Torabi was one of the best players for us. I hope Kananizadeh is not seriously hurt and Khalilzadeh is okay after that powerful strike to the head.

Comment

Not in a million years would I think CQ was the coach of this Iran team. We played a fairly balanced/mildly defensive style of soccer. We played our game and did not give any extra respect to Uruguay. On our counter attacks, we did not have enough players joining the attack and it broke down easily. We rarely built from behind, mostly defense going directly to Azmoun with very little effectiveness. Taremi/Ansarifard/noor changed the game for the better. Overall, team was not cohesive enough but to be expected. I think we shocked Uruguay or they must have underestimated us. Dirty team that Uruguay...
                            My ranking of the player based on my emotional one time watching the game: (Probably will change post a second viewing)
                            9- Taremi
                            8- Torabi, Moharami, Jalili, Shoja, Kanani, Ansarifard
                            7- Beiro, Noor
                            6- ARJ, Abedzadeh, Ghoddos, Ezatolahi, Hajisafi, Amiri, Azmoun, Gholizadeh

Ghoddos would have a higher ranking, but made two dangerous back passes in the first half a lost the possession once in a dangerous spot.
                            Never knew Torabi could run so much.

Great win to TM. Go TM.

Comment

Great test, we need such games more frequently.
                              We played well in the first and last 20min.

Some stupid sooti and headless passes that could have punished us.

Beiro : good game by him. Reassured except his frequent injuries at the worst time
                              Moharammi : Motm.
                              Kanaani : 2nd motm
                              Shoja : he kept the clean sheet but I am not reassured with him, maybe because of his kamikaze freestyle style.
                              Jalali : did the job but nothing more.
                              Hajsafi : decent
                              Saeid : rusty, slow and lazy but made nice show-off things
                              Ghoddos : active and useful, could have been sharper sometimes
                              Azmoun : so so
                              JB : like ghoddos
                              Torabi : he did what he could, some good things but the difference between Europe and IPL was noticeable

Sub :
                              Taremi : excellent
                              Gholizadeh : super sub is suited for him
                              Abedzadeh : as expected, worrying
                              Noor : pleasant surprise. Didn't have his typical errors and turnovers
                              Amiri : it may be easier at the end of the game but was reassuring
                              Ansarifard : good assist

Comment

CQ needs to work on the team' speed.
                                This speed is ok against USA and Wales but against England
                                at this speed we will suffer a heavy defeat or look really terrible.
                                هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                                نگاه میکنید.
                                sigpic
                                I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X