X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karim Ansarifard @ Omonia F.C. 2022-23

https://mobile.twitter.com/OMONOIAfo...88620585422856

Karim joins Cypriot side Omonia FC on a 2 + 1 Year deal. They're currently in the Europa League

Omonia's EL group:

United
    Sociedad
    Sheriff

Good move for Karim.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      Omonia's EL group:

United
      Sociedad
      Sheriff

Good move for Karim.
      I don't agree, come back to Iran and help the league! Good group though.

Comment

Zan zalil!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
          is he under any obligation to help the league? The league needs to help itself, produce better, younger, newer players.

Karim is living his own life, he spent too many in Iran already earlier in his career, and now has the chance even at this age to play huge games in europe, plus stay close to wife's family.

To me personally, he is behind Zahedi and Alipour as far as TM backup CFs go, but I certainly wouldnt mind having another player involved in euro comps

Comment

is he under any obligation to help the league? The league needs to help itself, produce better, younger, newer players.

Karim is living his own life, he spent too many in Iran already earlier in his career, and now has the chance even at this age to play huge games in europe, plus stay close to wife's family.

To me personally, he is behind Zahedi and Alipour as far as TM backup CFs go, but I certainly wouldnt mind having another player involved in euro comps
            I think for team morale it's good to still have him around, like a Masoud or Ando kind of guy, huge asset, I personally will always love the guy and what he has done for us ♥️

Comment

No, he is NOT under any obligation.

Will all due respect, however SHIT Iran's League may be, it's certainly a class above the Cypriot League. Different story with Greece Super League, which in my opinion is better than Iran. Also, I thought his wife's family were from Greece, not Cyprus. Iran is geographically not that far from Greece.

I never advocated him being part of TM in his current form and agree with you he shouldn't be part of TM picture.

Comment

wow no brainer to sign such a deal at this stage of his career! congrats to him!

Comment

Definitely better than going to a mid table Greek team….playing in the Europa league is a great perk, especially for a team that just beat Gent 4-0 on aggregate. The best Cypriot teams usually are pretty decent level but their league is nothing to write home about obviously.

All in all it’s a good move for the circumstances.

Some interesting side notes: some of his new team mates are familiar faces. Former USMNT midfielder mix diskerud, current Hungary NT CB Adam Lang, Tim Matvaz who was a beast for PSV in the early 2010s who I imagine will partner up top with Karim, and Roman Bezus Ukraine NT and former gent team mates of Milad Mo
                  Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 08-30-2022, 08:30 PM.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Killer move, damesh garm.. actually dame zanesh garm 😂😂

Comment

Not a, bad move
                      Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                        I would've moved to Cyprus too tbh. Iran is difficult af to live in

Comment

I wonder if Karim speaks Greek, he has spent a lot of time in Greece / Greek speaking countries. And his wife is Greek too? He seems well adapted to the culture, this is a fantastic move given his career stage, I am happy for him.
                          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

They won the title last year.
                            So far Gucci played there. Who else?

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                              They won the title last year.
                              So far Gucci played there. Who else?

Ferydoon Zandi and Ali Parhizi.

Comment

Working...