Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CONGratulations CQ FANS. TAJ HAS WON THE ELECTION.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
    Why is CQ so silent? Wonder when is going to post some stuff about it
    smart move. He has his ears on the ground, info from taj that situation is a bit volatile with respect to his return. Best remedy is silence for now until he arrives and immediately begins work.

Comment

Originally posted by Altamonte View Post
      Oh hi, that was a quick 5 weeks
      Oh hi

Just an unrelated tweet from Khosrow Vaziri:

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/st...53922589712384

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
        Milad jan i don't get this... Like why akheh

I don't get why fellow forum members are insulting each other like this, let alone ones who aren't anti-CQ
        imrooooz faghat itehad.

Comment

Oh hi, that was a quick 5 weeks
          Kid, you're like 20 years younger than me, go do uni and play some intramurals and then start randomly talking smack against me

I've been around these forums enough over the last 3 decades to see kids like you come and go. Respect your elders and learn some football kid

Comment

Kid, you're like 20 years younger than me, go do uni and play some intramurals and then start talking smack
            I've been around these forums enough over the last 3 decades to see kids like you come and go. Respect your elders and learn some football kid
            ..... Intramurals is fun how dare you

Comment

..... Intramurals is fun how dare you
              I don't know what it is but enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                With respect, if he does become coach between now and the World Cup, I don't think he'll be basing his selection of players on form in a handful of PGL games. He knows which players he can trust and will only need to enquire as to their physical health.

The fact that preparation time is very limited will mean he's likely to favour players that have featured in his squads before over ones who will need to learn his methods, however, camps will allow him the flexibility to select untested players and give them an opportunity to impress him or show they can adapt to his style.

I expect, if the league weren't suspended, he'd still rely on recent TM games (which he'll review regardless) over domestic league performance between now and November. Whereas a paused league and a training camp of domestic and Qatari based players allows him time to assess the players in real time before narrowing them down to a final squad to merge with nailed-on foreign based players.

Besides the core of this squad picks itself whoever the manager is, even if you or I were in charge. Most players are in their late 20s and have many caps that extend to his time as manager. If we all made a 25 man list now, assuming everyone was fit, how many disputed names do you think there would be out of 25? And how many of those players would get into the first eleven?

We're talking about selection decisions on a 3rd choice goalie and a few back up defenders and midfielders who likely wont get minutes. Of the 23 man squad from the Algeria friendly, I count 8 post-CQ capped players. Of them, only Allahyar has 4+ caps. None of the others could be considered key players or damaging to the squad if they didn't go to the World Cup. Besides most of those 8 were only selected or had debuts against Algeria due to the unavailability of preferred players who were capped under CQ... namely Kanaanizadegan, Khalilzadeh, Mohammadi, Amiri and Ghoddos. In fact, only Allahyar and Hosseinzadeh are the post-CQ capped players I'd care about him taking and I'm sure he'd take both if they were fit.

Other than Hosseinzadeh, Yasin Salmani and Allahyar (if fit), there's no post-CQ capped player I'd say it's a great shame he hasn't seen over picking fit players he knows from the past. Also to those that dislike Hajsafi, a camp might be favourable as he has previous of showing no favouritism to heavily capped, well performing and presumed first team players. See Khalatbari (2014) and Jalal Hosseini (2018).

Nevertheless, this is just my guess on what his terms would be. I could be wrong but we know he's favoured camps in the past, especially with preparation being a problem in the past and being no different now. So with leverage to negotiate and Taj likely willing to accommodate his demands to enlist his services and achieve his election promise, I see it as a distinct possibility.
                Hi - as someone who actually coaches professionally in the professional english game, what do you make of the current situation?

Do you think our chances of evading a 5-0 humiliation have now improved considerably, and do you have more hope for the tournament.

I still remember how impressed I was in 2014 and 2018 and how much I enjoyed how disciplined we were for the first time. Some clearly don't like this...

Comment

I have a question for the coach too. Now that our promotion from the group is no longer guaranteed, how poorly do you think we'll perform in the WC.... Talk about leading the witness.

Comment

In my opinion, Skocic saved us. It was Taj who is politically connected hired Wilmots and paid him over 6million Euros.

I think Skocic should stay in Iran and coach a PGL team. He will benefit our football.

I am not happy with Taj. He did not get punished for his mistake in hiring Wilmots.

CQ does not have good record against Arab teams. Skocic did great to qualify us. It was disrespectful to let him go.

England will not be easy to beat. If we are lucky, we may get 3 points, but we will not advance from our group. I am curious where the money for CQ is coming from and how much is it.

So many of our people are happy with CQ coaching TM. I look at cost. Skocic did not cost us much and we qualified.
                    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
                      In my opinion, Skocic saved us. It was Taj who is politically connected hired Wilmots and paid him over 6million Euros.

I think Skocic should stay in Iran and coach a PGL team. He will benefit our football.

I am not happy with Taj. He did not get punished for his mistake in hiring Wilmots.

CQ does not have good record against Arab teams. Skocic did great to qualify us. It was disrespectful to let him go.

England will not be easy to beat. If we are lucky, we may get 3 points, but we will not advance from our group. I am curious where the money for CQ is coming from and how much is it.

So many of our people are happy with CQ coaching TM. I look at cost. Skocic did not cost us much and we qualified.
                      Wrong we owe him nothing. Sko has had 8 years in PGPL he did not introduce one player to PGPL or NT of worthy note. Not only was a known dalal he had very weak coaching ideas and lacked any leadership/ communication. The fact Hajsafi has to fly from Greece after they try take his captaincy away to vote him out says all. Not the mention the over-reliance on the players... did you not see Ansarifard having to do every team talk... only one player even gave him a celebratory bday note

Good riddance! we are now in safe hands again!!

Comment

Alexandre Lopes (GK coach) liked my „welcome back“ comment on his instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
                          Wrong we owe him nothing. Sko has had 8 years in PGPL he did not introduce one player to PGPL or NT of worthy note. Not only was a known dalal he had very weak coaching ideas and lacked any leadership/ communication. The fact Hajsafi has to fly from Greece after they try take his captaincy away to vote him out says all. Not the mention the over-reliance on the players... did you not see Ansarifard having to do every team talk... only one player even gave him a celebratory bday note

We disagree. The dalal won more than Wilmots and qualified us without costing as much. I guess it is better to have CQ than vatani coach similar to 1998 when Talebi was appointed.
                          Why no mention of cost and benefits of these coaches. Moneywise, Skocic was safe who qualified us when Wilmots eliminated us.
                          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
                            We disagree. The dalal won more than Wilmots and qualified us without costing as much. I guess it is better to have CQ than vatani coach similar to 1998 when Talebi was appointed.
                            Why no mention of cost and benefits of these coaches. Moneywise, Skocic was safe who qualified us when Wilmots eliminated us.
                            What's the cost to our next gen players if Sko remained manager and we got humiliated in the WC? A side benefit of being in the WC under CQ's leadership is that we are able to showcase what our players are capable of, even if we play a more counter attacking style. Just look at all the doors that opened for our players after the 2018 WC.
                            I was worried that under Sko we would walk away from our group matches with no respect from the international community and zero opportunies for our younger players to be scouted by European clubs. Having watched (and rewatched) Sko's last 3-4 games as head coach, I was bewildered by his decisions and left frustrated with his approach. I have no doubt our WC campaign would have been a complete shit-show under Sko. What about the long term effect, and COST, of that?

Comment

I don't know what it is but enjoy
                              In North America intramurals refers to various sports leagues/tournaments that in this case are operated by the university for students.

You and a bunch of friends make a team, and go up against other teams in whatever sports your school has listed (usually soccer, basketball, hockey... in Canada)

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post

If it was not for Skocic, you would be in safe hands right now, waiting for UAE to kick off against England, Wales and USA. Some gratitude would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X