Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Frank praised him but only give him 2 min playing time for the last game??
    Yeah, coz Brentford would have achieved more than they have this season if Saman was starting every week...

They played to win that game and hope they sneak into a European spot, not give a departing fringe player a sentimental goodbye. He won the game with the team he put out so he doesn't need to defend his selection, not least to some bitter Iranian fans who can't see what an astounding job he's done over the past 2 seasons, due to some misguided bias towards our TM players.

Their performance against the historical big 6 this season alone shows how bizarre some of your criticisms of Frank are. He and De Zerbi are tactically the best two managers outside the big, monied clubs.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/c1rlwlg2wp4o

They we're also the only team on the league that Man City didn't get a single point against, as they did the double over them.

Brentford's home record saw them take at least 1 point in 17 of 19 games, winning 10 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
      Yeah, coz Brentford would have achieved more than they have this season if Saman was starting every week...

They played to win that game and hope they sneak into a European spot, not give a departing fringe player a sentimental goodbye. He won the game with the team he put out so he doesn't need to defend his selection, not least to some bitter Iranian fans who can't see what an astounding job he's done over the past 2 seasons, due to some misguided bias towards our TM players.

Their performance against the historical big 6 this season alone shows how bizarre some of your criticisms of Frank are. He and De Zerbi are tactically the best two managers outside the big, monied clubs.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/c1rlwlg2wp4o

They we're also the only team on the league that Man City didn't get a single point against, as they did the double over them.

Brentford's home record saw them take at least 1 point in 17 of 19 games, winning 10 of them.

Good for Frank for finishing 9th this season. But at the end of the day, this is an iranian soccer forum, and it’s been painful to watch Ghoddos only play 123 minutes for the whole EPL season.

He’s surely deserved much more opportunities, and it’s sad to have seen Frank converting him to a fringe defensive player.

Hopefully, the coach in his next stop will recognize his qualities and do a better job assisting his development.

Btw, this is a small video breakdown by a Brentford fan on Ghoddos’ play last year: https://www.reddit.com/r/Brentford/c...saman_ghoddos/

Basically, his assessment is that Ghoddos isn’t that much worse for other players to warrant significantly much more minutes than him.

Regardless, both parties have already moved on, but I personally don’t think he was fairly treated at Brentford.

Comment

Frank deserves a lot of credit. Whatever you think of Saman's situation, you cannot fault Frank. He over-achieved by a mile, then more. His tactics obviously worked to perfection for such a small club. It was truly a team. They lost players here and there, yet continued to perform above all expectations. When you get results, you have the luxury of resting on your laurels.

Saman's situation is very different than AJB and Potter at BHA. I like both Saman and AJB and think they are both great guys. However, Potter was failing left and right, and after every good game by AJB, he benched him. His replacement at BHA, De Zerbi exposed him for the fraud that he was. BHA finished 4th in scoring and got into European competition.!! An amazing achievement. Meanwhile, Potter dragged Chelsea into the mud so badly, it will take a major overhaul for them to recover. I guess the new Chelsea owners deserved this fate for replacing a serial winner with a con artist!

Anyhow, it is all history now. I hope Saman finds a new home worthy of him and his character. I hope AJB continues to improve at Fey and does even better next year in the league and UCL.

Go Saman...Go AJB
        Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Always look at the bright side.
          For a player who suits CAM the best, to be used as a defender shows great versatility & adaptability & a very wide range of duties.
          Such players are very hard to find. Hopefully the next club can appreciate this wide range.
          The icing on the cake is his professionalism.

Comment

unfortunately for Saman, Frank just didnt rate him all that much from get go and for his natural playing role at the club Frank favored Jensen massively over him..!!
            it's really as simple as that..!! ☝️ Saman lost out much, much playing minutes to that guy mostly..!
            but imo , that was an unfair coaching assessment , but it is what it is ... he is the coach and his neck is primarily on the line if results dont pan out..!
            i remember him having a great performance as a starter early on in Brentford's EPL spell and afterwards the reporters asked Frank about his fantastic display in the game and Frank basically turned his nose and dismissed it as a OK performance and he basically conveyed that he was'nt particularly impressed .... i knew then that for whatever reason he just wasnt a big fan of saman's game and knew he is unlikely to become a regular starter for this guy under normal circumstances..!!

although there were a few area's where Jensen had the edge over Saman (quicker feet and generally more agile, better jiggle factor and general liveliness on pitch, hustle factor, hard running and generally better stamina..! ) but Saman certainly had him beat on Vision, technical qualities on and off the ball, better passing/shooting accuracy and technique, better delivery on set pieces and more dangerous positioning and scoring abilities in the final 3rd of the pitch, and probably more physical prowess and strength in possession )

Saman knew all along that frank didnt rate him that much and he was just an auxiliary, squad depth, situational sub for Brentford, and he obviously seemed content and happy with his playing minutes situation since he didnt moan or raise any concerns about it .... ! after all, he was making pretty good money and was afterall a squad player in the riches and most competitive football league in the world..!!

sooooooo in conclution, he didnt give a fk about his kiri club situation over the years ...then why should we...?

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
              You have me confused with someone else

Maybe there's someone with a similar sounding username that posts pro IR stuff. I've never done this.

But I forgive you. It's an easy mistake to make, Dr Doom
              My apologies, I thought there was a post from an eloquent England-based member who is a football coach and said that he supports IR. I must be getting some kind of early cognitive loss

Sorry again

Comment

Now that all the PhD's have given their full analysis of Frank vs. Saman, are there any transfer news? 🥸✍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                  Now that all the PhD's have given their full analysis of Frank vs. Saman, are there any transfer news? 🥸✍🏻
                  Malmö

And I'd be really surprised if he goes to any other club. Both he and the club are made for each other

https://twitter.com/sina_tafazzoli/s...iRfYLGmBw&s=19

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

Malmö

And I'd be really surprised if he goes to any other club. Both he and the club are made for each other

https://twitter.com/sina_tafazzoli/s...iRfYLGmBw&s=19
                    Generally, I'd take what that guy says with a grain of salt.
                    He comes out of the woodworks every June, says ton of rumors, most of which are completely unfounded. Riding off the JB to Feyenoord transfer for two years now.

With that said Unfortunately, the Malmo thing seems to be true. I say unfortunately because I sincerely believe that Saman can walk into and dominate the midfield of almost every single club in Netherlands or Belgium. Compare him to a "Star" CM like Kokcu, and tell me with a straight face that he can't do everything Kokcu does.

There's no reason to resort to playing in a dog shit league like the Swedish league.
                    Last edited by The; 05-30-2023, 04:22 PM.

Comment

According to this article, Malmo FF and teams from the English Championship, MLS, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and UAE are interested in Ghoddos

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/blogg...e-for-ghoddos/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Championship or MLS would be the best options for him.

Comment

I hope he chooses championship, but I’d selfishly be even happier if he chose MLS so I can watch him every week my Red Bulls could use him big time but our management is too stupid to find someone like saman
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

Generally, I'd take what that guy says with a grain of salt.
                            He comes out of the woodworks every June, says ton of rumors, most of which are completely unfounded. Riding off the JB to Feyenoord transfer for two years now.

With that said Unfortunately, the Malmo thing seems to be true. I say unfortunately because I sincerely believe that Saman can walk into and dominate the midfield of almost every single club in Netherlands or Belgium. Compare him to a "Star" CM like Kokcu, and tell me with a straight face that he can't do everything Kokcu does.

There's no reason to resort to playing in a dog shit league like the Swedish league.
                            The same “shit league” that he had a good season in? So how much were his performances really worth in Sweden that everyone on Pfdc thinks he should be starting every week in PL? I don’t remember him causing any earthquake in France with his performances either. And in Championship he was basic player, nothing special. So where does the hype come from? Just a simple complement from Wenger from 6 years ago? And of course he is Iranian too…

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                              According to this article, Malmo FF and teams from the English Championship, MLS, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and UAE are interested in Ghoddos

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/blogg...e-for-ghoddos/
                              From 3 days ago, mentions him to Malmö also, rumors still warm 🔥
                              https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsv...attra-truppen/

Comment

saman is in sweden so the malmo rumors are true.

Comment

Working...
                                X