No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malmö want him, he wants Malmö - hopefully it can happen and he can get regular game time

That season under Potter when Ostersunds played Arsenal, Wenger singled out Ghoddos as the star - would love to see that again

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

I know we all hate Potter, but what about a reunion with him at the next place he takes over? You really can’t argue the fact that Saman became the player he is under Potter.

Comment

I wonder where he will end up, I hope he goes to Spain if he has the option, he’d be a good fit for La Liga. Happy that this period in his career is finally coming to an end
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Azmoun_shireh View Post
          The golbezan guy said it the best. He started from the bottom working in a call centre and playing in the lower leagues to playing in the EPL and going to two world cups. We've all probably overrated him and wanted more but achieving what he has is the stuff of dreams.

I'm sure he can still win a few cups and leagues in the Scandinavian leagues.
          true for most part.... however @ the same time there still seems much unrealized potential with him and with low miles so far on his legs, one could well expect greater things to come from him club level wise ..!

another move to a respectable top 3-5 EU league is certainly well within his caliber and profile as a footballer..!!

he has more than sufficient quality and poise and intelligence on the ball, yet is just a bit too slow and sluggish for the fast and furious EPL and the english football, in general..!!
          a move to a mid-table or so club in La Liga or Serie A would be ideal and not so much of a reach considering his relatively impressive resume so far..!!

if not he could still well revel in a top club in a league like Eredivisie o`r liga nos or belgium ..!
          going back to the obscurity of scandinavian football is frankly a cop-out at this juncture in his career ..! i suppose however one could somewhat excuse such a transfer if it is to a well recognized elite club in scandinavian league like the Malmo..?

Comment

Oh wow . Ivan Toni banned for 8 months.

Ivan Toney banned for eight months over betting breaches

PA Sport Staff

Brentford forward Ivan Toney has been suspended from all football and football-related activity for eight months, the Football Association has announced.

Toney was charged by the FA in November for 262 alleged breaches of betting rules over a four-year period and has now discovered his punishment.

Bees forward Toney will be banned until January 16th and has been fined £50,000 after he admitted to 232 of the alleged breaches.

“Ivan Toney has been suspended from all football and football-related activity with immediate effect for eight months, which runs up to and including 16 January 2024, fined £50,000 and warned as to his future conduct for breaches of The FA’s Betting Rules,” an FA statement read.

“The Brentford FC forward was charged with 262 breaches of FA Rule E8 in total between 25 February 2017 and 23 January 2021. The FA subsequently withdrew 30 of these breaches and he admitted to the remaining 232.​

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/news/iva...161828973.html

Comment

^He didn’t know when to hold them, know when to fold them…

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                ^He didn’t know when to hold them, know when to fold them…
                He is an idiot. first he disrespected Brentford (for punani) ,in his social media video and now he managed to get banned for 8 months. He had potential to play for england . 20 goals + 4 assists is very impresive for a BPL player.

Comment

Massive result from Brentford winning 3-1 away, with their top scorer just suspended, against Spurs who were aiming to cement their European place.

Now Brentford (1 point behind) could well take that place

Comment

Brentford has played 9 Premier League games without Toney in the last two seasons:

Won 4
                    Drawn 3
                    Lost 2 - away games to Man City and Arsenal last season

This season, they've won 3 and drawn 1 in the 4 games they've been without him. They'll probably lose to City next weekend.

People are now saying, without Toney, they'll go down next season. They'll definitely miss his goals as it's very unlikely there's a 20+ goal player there or in their transfer plans this summer to replace him... but they've shown they're not a one man team.

People also said they'd be relegated this season when Eriksen left last summer. They wrote them off in their first season. They said they wouldn't get promoted the year before that when Benrahma and Watkins left and that they'd get relegated from the Championship the year before that when Maupay left then Dean Smith went to Aston Villa. When are people gonna learn about Brentford... As long as they have this owner, they'll have an edge over half of the premier league.

This summer is far bigger than Toney's ban for half of next season and a possible replacement. They will lose Raya (who is almost as big a player for them as Toney), their captain Pontus Jansson leaves (though he had fallen behind Mee and Pinnock), they may lose Mbeumo, there could be interest in Henry and Hickey, there are talks of clubs looking at Thomas Frank. It depends who or how much they lose in this window but the club seem to always find the replacement who is often better than the outgoing player or member of staff.

Personally I'd start worrying for them if Phil Giles gets poached by another club while the transfer window is open and more so if Matthew Benham ever walked away... Until then, they'll continue to make their doubters look foolish.

Comment

Ghoddos plays his last game for Brentford in a 1-0 win over Man City, coming on as a sub in the final few minutes. When he came on, Brentford fans chanted "if Ghoddos scores, we're on the pitch".

Brentford needed Villa and Tottenham both to draw or lose to have a chance of qualifying for Europe but it wasn't to be and maybe a blessing in disguise, as they can concentrate on the league next season. The objective for a club like this is always to finish 17th or better.

At the end of the game the players did a presentation to Ghoddos and club captain Pontus Jansson, who are leaving the club. Brentford players did a guard of honour for both players, all of them slapping Ghoddos on the head as he walked past them. The players brought their friends and families on a lap of the pitch, as is customary lap at the end of the season. I noticed Ghoddos kissing a girl who was there so presumably his gf.

IMG_20230528_185642.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                        Ghoddos plays his last game for Brentford in a 1-0 win over Man City, coming on as a sub in the final few minutes. When he came on, Brentford fans chanted "if Ghoddos scores, we're on the pitch".

Brentford needed Villa and Tottenham both to draw or lose to have a chance of qualifying for Europe but it wasn't to be and maybe a blessing in disguise, as they can concentrate on the league next season. The objective for a club like this is always to finish 17th or better.

At the end of the game the players did a presentation to Ghoddos and club captain Pontus Jansson, who are leaving the club. Brentford players did a guard of honour for both players, all of them slapping Ghoddos on the head as he walked past them. The players brought their friends and families on a lap of the pitch, as is customary lap at the end of the season. I noticed Ghoddos kissing a girl who was there so presumably his gf.

IMG_20230528_185642.jpg

Thanks for the update

Your IR inclinations aside, you are the member whose football posts I most like to read and I religiously read each one of your posts - always insightful and genuinely a pleasure to read. I just have to brainwash myself about the IR stuff.

Comment

You have me confused with someone else

Maybe there's someone with a similar sounding username that posts pro IR stuff. I've never done this.

But I forgive you. It's an easy mistake to make, Dr Doom

Comment

This was a bit of what they did for Saman. They presented him and Pontus with their shirts in a frame.

Also, Thomas Frank spoke about him to the crowd. He mentioned a few of his highlights, such as winning the penalty away to Watford last season and how the win it achieved gave them momentum for the rest of the campaign. He also praised his professionalism and the effect he has on the dressing room.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post

IMG_20230528_185642.jpg
                              Samans GF is on insta since several years and updates on their trips and life, they have a small dog together

Comment

Frank praised him but only give him 2 min playing time for the last game??

Comment

Working...
                                X