Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Love Ghodoos but he had some very bad giveaways in our half last game. That can’t happen. CQ does not like those sorts of mistakes in a WC setting.
    In one of my replies right after the game, I said the Ghoddos made two dangerous back passes and once dispossessed right outside our box for dribbling too much. After a second viewing of the game, I have to correct myself as the most dangerous back pass that I attributed to Ghoddos was actually ARJ.

ARJ's back pass was of the same caliber that gave Algeria a goal. He nearly did it again here. And he has had similar close calls in Feyenoord. He needs to eliminate these long back passes anytime he is under pressure as he can't assess where their attackers are lurking and can steal the ball. Also, Ezatollahi needs to not foul so often in or around our box. He seems always late to tackles which probably has to do with his physical shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Love Ghodoos but he had some very bad giveaways in our half last game. That can’t happen. CQ does not like those sorts of mistakes in a WC setting.
      He had one bad giveaway.. ARJ had 2-3

Overall I think Torabi was still somehow the best attacking midfielder/winger though

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        Shaky and so so performance.
        Have a feeling nour will start the next game.
        Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
        You’ve got to be kidding me. He was easily one of the best on the pitch….our two best chances (one of which resulted in the goal) were created by him. The only knock on his game yesterday was 1-2 turnovers plus got outmuscled a bit.

Without saman yesterday that goal for Mehdi never gets created and Torabi doesn’t get a 1v1 chance on goal. The feeling of the game would be very different without those two chances.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

In about 60 days we will know how CQ perceived Salman's performance.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

He worked tremendously hard off the ball, always initiating the press (inst of azmoun) and generally his positional play was very good. He had one bad turnover, as mentioend others had more.

And when it mattered he played a very smart ball to slip in karim. I can guarantee you if nour tries that pass 10 times, 9 times he will play it offsides. This was key for the goal.

I think his performance will indeed be received well, he looked as happy as I had seen him when he came off. OFc room for improvement, but very positive game from him

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
              Of course, he can get into a better shape, but yesterday was the most I had seen Ghoddos run. Not only running, but sprints too... And never seemed exhausted. I wish we could get a detailed report of players running distance/number of sprints/max speed/etc like the coaches have access to.
              Fairly sure Ehsan logged on the most miles ..! He was all over the place doing a bunch of intangible game contributions normally reserved for Amiri ..!
              Sammy ran his socks off too & the one big giveaway he had wasn’t really a sloppy touch/miscued pass (as it’s often the case with ARJ/HajiSooti..!) he was put in a difficult position by ARJ’s pass & was pretty much muscled outa possession by rough physical play/tackle..!
              I watched the game the 2nd time & Sammy had an overall very strong performance vs a clearly motivated strong opposition ..!

Too many folks talk shitt about Amir’s performance too & I personally didn’t see any serious issues with it ..!

Comment

I dono what you guys are talking about.

Ghoddos was excelent in first half and had a good permormance in 2nd half.

However I think frank has caused him to become 45 minutes player . I don't think he is a 90 minute player, he was a bit shaky in 2nd half. But performed excelent in 1st half. His physique and stability has deffo improved a lot and thats a result of training and playing in PL team.

I'll take him over Ezza anyday. Ezza was very shaky made some bad mistakes . Not feeling ezza at all.

Comment

Saman starting and Gholizadeh coming on as a sub I think suits both players.

I was happy with Samans game yesterday , playing against quality opposition with limited minutes in his legs this season. He wasn’t alone with giving some misplaced passes but I think that is because sometimes we are trying to force the attack. His skill down the right wing was lovely and our best attacks came through him or his side.

He should slap Hajsafi if he tries to take a set piece again and take them himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    You’ve got to be kidding me. He was easily one of the best on the pitch….our two best chances (one of which resulted in the goal) were created by him. The only knock on his game yesterday was 1-2 turnovers plus got outmuscled a bit.

Without saman yesterday that goal for Mehdi never gets created and Torabi doesn’t get a 1v1 chance on goal. The feeling of the game would be very different without those two chances.
                    No i was not kidding. He lost lots of battles. Go watch the game again.

I highly doubt he starts in WC. Probably one game at best(which i doubt)
                    So for you only goal and assist of assist of assist matter?

Comment

No i was not kidding. He lost lots of battle. Go watch the game again.
                      I highly doubt he starts in WC. Probably one game at best(which i doubt).
                      Lol@without saman that goal was not possible.
                      So for you only goal and assist of assist of assist matter?
                      I watched the game 2 times….once live and again today. He had a few turnovers and also lost some physical duels, yes…..but he created our two best chances also and was our only player in MF to create chances for us.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to ask and not sure why you are overcomplicating it…..I didn’t say his role in the goal was the only thing that mattered. He created that chance with his no look pass to Karim who hit the ball into the box to Mehdi who finished it. All 3 of them get credit for their roles….you’re the one who doesn’t want to give saman credit for some reason.

He will 100% start in the WC. He is the most effective midfielder we have and yesterday was evidence of that. He has to improve physically vs what he showed yesterday but that was a one off…..for Brentford he has not shown any signs of lacking physically when he has played for them (which has mostly been at RWB) so no reason to be worried.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Saman was excellent yesterday. High IQ, intelligent, selfless, and composed on the ball. His simple plays are EXACTLY what this team needs. Almost 80% passing accuracy.

There were a couple times where his teammates could have recycled the ball back to him in the middle, outside the opposition penalty box, but they didn’t. His thunderous shots are too valuable to not be utilized.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          I watched the game 2 times….once live and again today. He had a few turnovers and also lost some physical duels, yes…..but he created our two best chances also and was our only player in MF to create chances for us.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to ask and not sure why you are overcomplicating it…..I didn’t say his role in the goal was the only thing that mattered. He created that chance with his no look pass to Karim who hit the ball into the box to Mehdi who finished it. All 3 of them get credit for their roles….you’re the one who doesn’t want to give saman credit for some reason.

He will 100% start in the WC. He is the most effective midfielder we have and yesterday was evidence of that. He has to improve physically vs what he showed yesterday but that was a one off…..for Brentford he has not shown any signs of lacking physically when he has played for them (which has mostly been at RWB) so no reason to be worried.
                          Ready to bet?
                          Man migam max one game
                          To chi migi?

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                            He had one bad giveaway.. ARJ had 2-3
                            Overall I think Torabi was still somehow the best attacking midfielder/winger though
                            Are you guys referring to the dispossession after ARJ passed him the ball
                            when he actually was too close to the other side player? I can't recall a dangerous back pass by Ghodoos
                            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic
                            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Ready to bet?
                              Man migam max one game
                              To chi migi?

Sure! I say 2 out of the 3….he’s a lock for the England game IMO. Between USA and wales he will start one too.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

watching the game back again. He definitely played well. Not sure how somebody can honestly argue otherwise. Definitely not being honest. He was actually our best player with moharrami and kanaani.

his composure on the ball and decision making was the key to most good passing sequences we initiated. In most of these situations nourollahi would have been unable to keep possession, thats the honest truth if we look at his games vs algeria and others. He really struggles to properly control, pass the ball even under moderate pressure. Although ofc nour brings good energy and some speed.

Saman created our best openings in first half, starting with his involvement in minute 1, great one touch layoff after moharrami's turn and pass, ARJ switches the play and torabi gets a shot off. Other big chance of the half was his fantastic touch over the top of the defender and cross for sardar that was barely cut out.

Second half again biggest opening before the goal was torabi chance that came from perfect ghoddos return ball. Had a lot of other very smart touches and ball recoveries. Goal itself he was key again with smart reverse pass, perfect timing or else karim would have been off.

Off the ball he worked really hard, usually engaging first during the press with sardar. Even in second half, he was brilliant in press, nowhere is this better exemplified than right before his sub at minute 83, still pressing like a dog, dispossess de la cruz and then gives a smart through ball to taremi who was barely off, would have been pk.

Biggest sign of a job well done, CQ left him on until minute 85. He rarely did that before ! Saman's training in england really improved his fitness and defensive awareness. That is really obvious and appreciated by CQ. OFC not getting as regular mins as we'd like means he isn't as assertive as he can be, especially in the final third. But its clear he is our best option at the 8 position, think he will definitely start at least 2/3 games at the WC.

Comment

Working...
                                X