Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
    It may not be completely bad news... It seems this team today is Brentford's C-team. Ghoddos is a solid B-team player. So unless the C-team gets results, we are going to see lots of subs to put in A-team and B-team players.
    good to know 👍🏼
    I was also highly encouraged by his subbing in the last match with the game still hanging on balance..! His rusty performance Didn’t help his case much yet it was encouraging to see him not totally outa Frank’s picture..!

Comment

They did him dirty after his nice goal against Burnley last season. Barely any playing time. EPL=Momentum Killers for our players.

Comment

He is subbed in. 56th minute. I've got no stream!!!!

Comment

can't find a link anywhere!!!!!!

Comment

took the corner for second goal

Comment

Again its not about his performance. Ghoddos has proved himself in every game that he has played. He has been effective in all of the games that he has played for brentford ...... So its not about his performance . The problem is Thomas frank and his sh*tty deffensive system. He starts deffensively with big physical players and saman is not any of them. He did try to use saman as a deffensive player and we all saw what happened to him (got badly injured).

I don't think anyone here can argue about this:
              Ghoddos is not a physical player
              Ghoddos is not a defensive player.

The only solution for saman is to move to bundes liga if he has any offers in mid season. He will be benched no matter how good he performs .

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                Again its not about his performance. Ghoddos has proved himself in every game that he has played. He has been effective in all of the games that he has played for brentford ...... So its not about his performance . The problem is Thomas frank and his sh*tty deffensive system. He starts deffensively with big physical players and saman is not any of them. He did try to use saman as a deffensive player and we all saw what happened to him (got badly injured).

I don't think anyone here can argue about this:
                Ghoddos is not a physical player
                Ghoddos is not a defensive player.

The only solution for saman is to move to bundes liga if he has any offers in mid season. He will be benched no matter how good he performs .
                Iranian players are generally not built for physicality and high stamina. We need more players in La Liga & Serie A. There’s a reason why players like Shojaei lasted as long as he did in La Liga. Ghoddos is no exception. Even Portuguese league would be good for him.

He’s becoming our 2nd straight player wasting his prime years on an EPL team. Square peg, round hole. Big fish small pond is not always a bad thing. Ghoddos at Ostersunds vs Arsenal, played excellent, Karimi’s great performances against Germany & As Roma were while he was playing in UAE, ARJ played great against opponents like Portugal and Ajax while in Dutch league.

Point is: confidence, momentum, are HUGE for our players, and they STILL played well against superior opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                  Iranian players are generally not built for physicality and high stamina. We need more players in La Liga & Serie A. There’s a reason why players like Shojaei lasted as long as he did in La Liga. Ghoddos is no exception. Even Portuguese league would be good for him.

He’s becoming our 2nd straight player wasting his prime years on an EPL team. Square peg, round hole. Big fish small pond is not always a bad thing. Ghoddos at Ostersunds vs Arsenal, played excellent, Karimi’s great performances against Germany & As Roma were while he was playing in UAE, ARJ played great against opponents like Portugal and Ajax while in Dutch league.

Point is: confidence, momentum, are HUGE for our players, and they STILL played well against superior opponents.
                  I am not convinced that Iranians are not built for high stamina and physically. What is the difference between Iranian players and north African players or Portuguese players physically?

Show me one scientific evidence that an Algerian player like Mahrez (or the hundred other north African Arab players in the big leagues) is physically different than an Iranian.

Iranian players playing in Iran have not received the intensive training regimens and can get injured more easily. But Dejagah and Saman should be as physical as any European player.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
                    I am not convinced that Iranians are not built for high stamina and physically. What is the difference between Iranian players and north African players or Portuguese players physically?

Show me one scientific evidence that an Algerian player like Mahrez (or the hundred other north African Arab players in the big leagues) is physically different than an Iranian.

Iranian players playing in Iran have not received the intensive training regimens and can get injured more easily. But Dejagah and Saman should be as physical as any European player.

I didn’t mean genetically. I meant our footballing culture emphasizes more the technical aspects of the game, based on our gol kochik roots. More compatible with the Spain, Italian, and even Portuguese leagues.

In EPL and even Bundesliga, there’s more an emphasis on physicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                      I didn’t mean genetically. I meant our footballing culture emphasizes more the technical aspects of the game, based on our gol kochik roots. More compatible with the Spain, Italian, and even Portuguese leagues.

In EPL and even Bundesliga, there’s more an emphasis on physicality.
                      On that end there is nothing about Saman that is Iranian when it comes to football. The guy was born in Europe and all of his footballing exposure was to a European system.

Comment

What is happening to Saman has nothing to do with physicality.

Saman is just experiencing the curse of being Iranian! It is the curse of carrying 86 million peoples expectations to bring them some form of joy....or commit some heroic act....

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                          On that end there is nothing about Saman that is Iranian when it comes to football. The guy was born in Europe and all of his footballing exposure was to a European system.
                          That’s true, and I think that’s why there is an element of physicality to his game. But there’s levels to that. When it comes to EPL, physicality, running up and down the pitch, hustling above & beyond, is prioritized.

Ghoddos has a technical flair on the ball (not flashy by any means), but based on his composure and ball control. Akin to South American/Spanish style, which also a lot of iran born and raised players have based on their upbringing.

I really have no doubt, that Ghoddos would thrive in La Liga.

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
                            What is happening to Saman has nothing to do with physicality.
                            Saman is just experiencing the curse of being Iranian! It is the curse of carrying 86 million peoples expectations to bring them some form of joy....or commit some heroic act....
                            Its exactly his physique thats causing him lose his starting line up spot. I posted a video of him in training and he was getting man handled by someone like Roerslev and he ain't even physically big.

Saman is head and shoulders above Jensen (technically ) but his physique compared to jensen is very weak. If sterling was playing in brentford he would get benched too . Frank likes to start with physical players because his game plan invloves getting physical and playing deffensive football. However everytime he needs to go offensive then he starts bringing less physical players like ghoddos.

Comment

brentford tied everton 1-1
                              Sammy was an unused sub

they play again in league shortly on Tues ... probably will get decent minutes off the bench in that game..?

Comment

I wouldn’t put any money on it. I’m hoping he gets a move out by Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X