Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can we do damage control at this World Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With 11 men behind the ball in defense against Engeland, Wales and America and play on the and stare at the counter attack.

I would like to play against England at 0:0, You get 1 point and try to win Wales and America even by 1:0. With 2 draw:

Engeland 0:0 Iran
    Wales 1:1 Iran (Gareth Bale 1:0 and Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1:1)
    America 1:2 Iran (1:0 Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Sardar Azmoun 2:0)

If I were Iran's coach, I would defend against England and Wales and America with 11 players and order a counter-attack
    We saw this against Spain 11 Iranian in defense!

We can be second in this group with England as the winner of the group

Comment

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
      With 11 men behind the ball in defense against Engeland, Wales and America and play on the and stare at the counter attack.

I would like to play against England at 0:0, You get 1 point and try to win Wales and America even by 1:0. With 2 draw:

Engeland 0:0 Iran
      Wales 1:1 Iran (Gareth Bale 1:0 and Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1:1)
      America 1:2 Iran (1:0 Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Sardar Azmoun 2:0)

If I were Iran's coach, I would defend against England and Wales and America with 11 players and order a counter-attack
      We saw this against Spain 11 Iranian in defense!

We can be second in this group with England as the winner of the group
      We don't have defense expert any more.
      Wales is very tricky team. They get one or two chances and capitalize on that.
      We have to play chess game with them.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        We don't have defense expert any more.
        Wales is very tricky team. They get one or two chances and capitalize on that.
        We have to play chess game with them.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
        Id like to se us go on the offence vs wales, i saw their qualifier vs ukrain and they got lucky, ukrain was having a field day through and behind their defence, just couldnt score. Just dont give away set pieces near our penaltyarea and not to many corners..
        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

We should try to play like we played Portugal.
          Last time we had a strong keeper, a solid defense and a lot of luck.
          Against England we should go for a draw, because I think England had always have problems in the group stage.
          Wales has fast players like James, that's tricky too. Our best chance is against USA

Comment

First to answer the question in the thread title:

How can we do damage control at this World Cup?

Answer: Shut the hell up and support your TM. Stop piling on Skocic. Stop piling on the players on one side or the other. Stop creating further division. When you get to be the TM coach, implement your "tactics" (since you are all so "tactically" astute and aware). Until then, SUPPORT your TM.

How many points: I can see 0 to 4 points.
            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              Perhaps you are right. But guess what? Berhalter, Southgate, and Wales with interim coach all faced similar criticism to Skocic from their fans. Toop gerde my friend. Anything can happen. Let's focus on what is in our control and will our team forward. We can as fans be the 12th man for our team or be non existent! I chose the former...now the question each of us must answer is what we choose...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
              Yes indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                Perhaps you are right. But guess what? Berhalter, Southgate, and Wales with interim coach all faced similar criticism to Skocic from their fans. Toop gerde my friend. Anything can happen. Let's focus on what is in our control and will our team forward. We can as fans be the 12th man for our team or be non existent! I chose the former...now the question each of us must answer is what we choose...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                I wonder how we would react if we were Italians!! Italy ties Northern Ireland, and then loses to Northern Macedonia and misses out on WC for the second time in a row!!

Yet, the Italian FF does not fire Mancini. People here would be showing up with pitchforks calling for Mancini to be hung by his little toe.
                Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

The most iranian thing ever happened actually lol.
                  Things were going nice and smooth till we met S. Korea.
                  GohGije gereftim and started acting nuts till now.

Things are so worse right now that i am convinced we pull some iranian crazy ass shit miracle and top the group lmao.
                  Or the opposite happens and we get replaced by Ukraine after getting suspended by Fifa.
                  Everything is possible bacheha.
                  IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                    I wonder how we would react if we were Italians!! Italy ties Northern Ireland, and then loses to Northern Macedonia and misses out on WC for the second time in a row!!
                    Yet, the Italian FF does not fire Mancini. People here would be showing up with pitchforks calling for Mancini to be hung by his little toe.
                    LOL how can they be so demanding when they were knocked out in group stages in all their 5 times at the WC history, unlike us who qualified 18 times, won it 4 times, runners-up twice, 3rd and 4th place once? Our demands are always well justified!
                    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                    نگاه میکنید.
                    sigpic
                    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                      Just interested, can you name some players who were so good but didnt make it ?
                      There was a 22 year old two-footed (equally strong right and left feet) midfield playmaker who was the IPL player of the year the previous season with 12 goals and 10 assists.

He didn't make the squad. although perhaps the reasons might have been different...

But there were so many playmakers for that world cup who were at their peak for their clubs, of many different ages - Nekounam (at the time a deep-lying playmaker), Navidkia (prime), Jabbari, Mobali, early Shojaei... We also had other attacking players like Ali Karimi and Mehdi Mahdavikia.

The only true playmaker CQ inherited was Khalatbari. It was like the desert compared to the oasis.

Comment

Sebastián "el loco" Abreu

Has played for 38 clubs
                        Now wants to manage a national team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebasti%C3%A1n_Abreu

We will still lose with our record world cup losses, but at least it will be fun!

Comment

It sort of reminds of our 2002 (and also or 2010 campaigns..)
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

italy beat england in england and wn european championchip,only their second european cup in their history.
                            european cup is a big deal. if mancini didnt win that european
                            championchip he be 100% fired.
                            i know couple of italians and i watch some games with them
                            once in a while, they really really care about wining that 2020 european championchip it was big deal for them.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                              italy beat england in england and wn european championchip,only their second european cup in their history.
                              european cup is a big deal. if mancini didnt win that european
                              championchip he be 100% fired.
                              i know couple of italians and i watch some games with them
                              once in a while, they really really care about wining that 2020 european championchip it was big deal for them.
                              So what you are saying is that Italians are smart enough to realize that a coach's achievement is more than his last two game!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                                So what you are saying is that Italians are smart enough to realize that a coach's achievement is more than his last two game!!!
                                are we comparing mancini to skocic ?
                                we comparing italy with tm ?
                                or we comparing fans of both nations?

Comment

Working...
                                X