This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
    Luis Diaz has started all bar one game for Liverpool this season or did you mean Nunez?
    My bad. He was benched against Brighton right? I have a feeling he is part of reason of Liverpools downfall anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      Lets not forget this is the same guy who was polishing hezbi balls not long time ago

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
      Exactly. Many here look at the incredible performances by mehdi as a cover up for his wrong doings in the past and present off the pitch. That is the epitome of hypocrisy and unfortunately most are guilty of it.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Didn't Mehdi reverse his mullah khayemali recently? Correct me if I'm wrong.
        Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
          Didn't Mehdi reverse his mullah khayemali recently? Correct me if I'm wrong.
          He has made some noises to that effect over the past three weeks . Over the summer he admitted active friendship with a major aghazadeh of the regime...so there is some stain to clean up.

His latest moves are encouraging. He stopped advertising for the regime a few years ago...so that is encouraging as well. Iran's problem is not Taremi. And these guys are not heroes. They are athletes.

Comment

Hes done more than his part for iranian reputation and earning global respect abroad. He deserves to be celebrated for that. A world class chef doesnt deserve hate or lack of credit for their cooking bc they pursue a political line as aggressively as you wanted them to (not to mention taremi did post and speak publicly in interview about situation in Iran, even to the point porto fans lit stadium up with iranian and mahsa amini banners, forcing IRIB to cancel game coverage - what a regime khayemal..)

Politics are not his forte nor should we expect them to be. He used this "major aghazadeh connection" (if you know basically anybody in iran in a moderate position of power younger than a certain age they are bound to be classed as aghazadeh) to get TM a world class coaching change in the last minute before WC.

We should not expect nor criticise players and athletes for not being our political vehicles. Havent seen any khayemali besides retweeting one time an anti zionist statement from khamenei years back, which was subsequently deleted.

As for not wearing wristband, with how shocking situation in iran is we should all have been wearing black wristbands tk work for the last 45 years, maybe more !

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              Hes done more than his part for iranian reputation and earning global respect abroad. He deserves to be celebrated for that. A world class chef doesnt deserve hate or lack of credit for their cooking bc they pursue a political line as aggressively as you wanted them to (not to mention taremi did post and speak publicly in interview about situation in Iran, even to the point porto fans lit stadium up with iranian and mahsa amini banners, forcing IRIB to cancel game coverage - what a regime khayemal..)

Politics are not his forte nor should we expect them to be. He used this "major aghazadeh connection" (if you know basically anybody in iran in a moderate position of power younger than a certain age they are bound to be classed as aghazadeh) to get TM a world class coaching change in the last minute before WC.

We should not expect nor criticise players and athletes for not being our political vehicles. Havent seen any khayemali besides retweeting one time an anti zionist statement from khamenei years back, which was subsequently deleted.

As for not wearing wristband, with how shocking situation in iran is we should all have been wearing black wristbands tk work for the last 45 years, maybe more !
              Oh please give me a break!!! Politics don’t need to be your forte in circumstances like this….you need to be a human being with a functioning brain, that’s it. You make it sound like what’s going on is up for interpretation when it’s not.

His world class performances are not a pass at him not taking a strong stance, which a guy of his magnitude has the responsibility to do when those who support him are dying left and right and being oppressed.

It’s ok to appreciate his performances on the pitch and expect more of him off the pitch. Todays athlete is not just put your head down and play anymore. They have huge platforms and have millions who idolize them and thus have a responsibility to stand up for what is right. And again what’s happening in iran is not the same as what other athletes in America deal with like kneeling for the anthem and what have you….this is far different and much more of a severe situation.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Portuguese press: Chelsea and Arsenal are among the clubs most interested in Taremi.

Comment

Fun fact: Taremi has been involved in more than one-third of the goals since he arrived at Porto.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

Listen, you know more about football than I will ever know. But outside of that you are so biased that you can't or refuse to admit facts.

No, not every middle success is an Aghazadeh in Iran...give your countrymen some credit when they detest someone . I challenge you to post here the positions of Taremi's Aghazadeh and that of his daddy.

There is such a thing as Google where people who are not willfully blind can look up facts. It took me all of 5 minutes to pull these examples.

A famous person need not announce their political views or worse yet, advertise for the regime, but once they do, criticism is very fair.

Taremi has hopefully changed his ways...and yes he brings joy to Iranians, myself included. But outside football, he is an idiot at best.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
                      Listen, you know more about football than I will ever know. But outside of that you are so biased that you can't or refuse to admit facts.
                      No, not every middle success is an Aghazadeh in Iran...give your countrymen some credit when they detest someone . I challenge you to post here the positions of Taremi's Aghazadeh and that of his daddy.
                      There is such a thing as Google where people who are not willfully blind can look up facts. It took me all of 5 minutes to pull these examples.
                      A famous person need not announce their political views or worse yet, advertise for the regime, but once they do, criticism is very fair.
                      Taremi has hopefully changed his ways...and yes he brings joy to Iranians, myself included. But outside football, he is an idiot at best.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                      and I do not challenge that statement that he has always been an idiot. Even besides politics, multiple fiascos showed his dalghak streak, I hadn't seen more than his zionist tweets so thanks for showing. Not knowing his tweet history /= knowing nothing about stuff besides football (thx for compliment though)

Its not absurd to think he has changed his ways somewhat after lifechanging events in past few years that happened for him. People are indeed allowed to change without being flogged. I would wager that if tomorrow Torabi embarked on european journey taremi has been through his ideas would change for the better as well...despite how deep and seemingly far gone his level of brainwashing is.

BUT my point is I don't expect better from the guy, nor do I constantly find the need to bring it up when we are all sitting weekly watching his success and a stadium in major city in europe showing their support for our country bc of him... That is all. There is no doubt his IQ is not what is needed for any critical thought.

Hala if in middle of protests he did what torabi did, by all means take a shit on him. But so far he said and did the right things this time no? What do you think he could have said or done differently? He has posted on social media, started wristband thing, and then got MOTM and said he didn't celebrate and the reasons behind that publicly in interview. What other things would you like to see him do? Not attacking, genuinely curious what the preferred course of action for these guys is.

Azmoun who was most vocal didn't even wear wristband at the weekend vs bayern keep in mind.

Comment

are you two done arguing like two old married couple? jfc

Comment

Originally posted by daggerhashimoto View Post
                          are you two done arguing like two old married couple? jfc
                          =)

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
                            My bad. He was benched against Brighton right? I have a feeling he is part of reason of Liverpools downfall anyhow.
                            Not at all, there are other reasons for that. He has been one of our only bright sparks this season - he was the only outfield player who looked like he gave a dam when Napoli battered us. Can he make more goal contributions? Yes, but apart from Bobby than everyone else can. Things will turn around.

Comment

getting very sick of people going after our players for their alleged support for the regime. in the end he's iranian, he loves his country, he cares about the people - this is clear to anyone who's watched him play and heard him speak.

the "lynch mob" mentality, intolerance and venom is being pointed the wrong way. mehdi is a sportsman. political views and affiliations aren't black and white. just because he posted x y or z that doesn't align with your political views doesn't mean he's supportive of the IR or its violence.

it's especially annoying seeing iranians who've been living abroad for 10, 20, 30 years take shots at our players. these are young men. they LIVE in the country (vs watching VOA all day). It's easy to sit in comfort and judge the actions of those who actually live in the country for perceived past mishaps or positions they've taken.

to me it seems that mehdi has strong religious beliefs. he's not a nuanced political analyst or talkshow host. maybe his posts relate to him expressing his faith, a specific message, etc. who knows.

lebron james speaks on politics all the time. he's been media trained by the best PR agencies, agents, publicists, etc. since he was 19 and he still sounds ignorant and gets it wrong half the time.

Mehdi's a kid from bushehr who fell into fame (and fame's burdens and responsibilities) like 3 years ago. He's allowed to fumble his way into finding his voice. he's allowed to fall short of whatever societal leadership role people think he's responsible for without getting brandished as a regime sympathizer. What do you expect him to do? the black wristband and refusal to celebrate to goals speak volumes. do you really expect him or any other player to go full ali karimi and miss a world cup they've been dreaming about their entire lives? easy for you to say. I also don't remember AK8 or Mahdavikia doing much beyong wearing green wristbands at the peak of the green movement in 2009.

i know emotions are hot right now but we need to stand up for our players, not demonize them.

Comment

Hey, all of you, keep it to football only. This thread is about TAREMI @ PORTO and nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                                X