This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    I think the criticism he gets (whether from Liga Nos teams who are jealous of his PK winning ways, or Iranians who are so pro-Skocic they are willing to give up a diamond player for a bottom shelf coach) is quite limited. He has WAY more fans than critics.

Just keep doing what you're doing Mehdi, your star continues to shine for all the fans.
    I honestly think that Mehdi is our most inform player and one of the greatest ever playing for our National Team. I don‘t think Skocic is a great coach but a player should stick to his job ( which is playing football ) and not surround himself with hashiyeh etc. Anyways i hope we manage to overcome these last few months of hashiyeh and kick off the World Cup with a winning goal from Taremi against the english pricks

Comment

Comment

^Not sure an Iranian with an RPG launcher is the best choice for a Sport TV promotion at this time

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
          I honestly think that Mehdi is our most inform player and one of the greatest ever playing for our National Team. I don‘t think Skocic is a great coach but a player should stick to his job ( which is playing football ) and not surround himself with hashiyeh etc. Anyways i hope we manage to overcome these last few months of hashiyeh and kick off the World Cup with a winning goal from Taremi against the english pricks
          Some like to tell players to "stick to their job", but we all cheer when the likes of Karimi, Daei, Ghafouri or others stand up to the IFF/IR bullshit. We can't have it both ways. Either you agree that players have free speech to speak up when they see a wrong (which I agree with) or that they should just shut up and play ball. Can't have it both ways depending on the situation in question.

Comment

Thing is Taremi has done his job. If he hadnt then maybe you have a point, but he was our best player in the qualifiers and without his goals and assists we wouldn't even be a the WC.

Now he (and half the team) are saying that the level of coaching the coach is showing will lead to a disaster in the WC...sorry if the truth hurts

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              Thing is Taremi has done his job. If he hadnt then maybe you have a point, but he was our best player in the qualifiers and without his goals and assists we wouldn't even be a the WC.

Now he (and half the team) are saying that the level of coaching the coach is showing will lead to a disaster in the WC...sorry if the truth hurts
              Besides he was taking the right route and giving feedback to the right authorities, as he should, and not public until one player decided that he will talk on behalf of all the players and put a particular message out on social media, mind you not saying i think but all the NT players think so & so. His hand was forced to correct that, nothing wrong with that. After all, the repuation of the NT team at the world stage is concerned, thats bigger than anyone. All powers to Taremi who when needed corrected a misinformaiton.

Comment

Some like to tell players to "stick to their job", but we all cheer when the likes of Karimi, Daei, Ghafouri or others stand up to the IFF/IR bullshit. We can't have it both ways. Either you agree that players have free speech to speak up when they see a wrong (which I agree with) or that they should just shut up and play ball. Can't have it both ways depending on the situation in question.
                Ostad Diz, I won't use the current situation as we are knee deep in it and all very emotional... Time heals and we can look at things less emotionally later.

So lets go and review our 2006 WC campaign... Two groups of players (Dayi and the gang vs Karimi and the gang) had different view on how TM should play and they used their "freedom of speech" to voice their differences. Now never mind that they did not go public with their differences or to the government or anything like that, but that internal difference was enough to ruin our campaign in 2006. It is impossible to give a squad of 27 players (especially Iranian players) with freedom of speech and not expect disagreement. Just unrealistic. That is why any team player should know that team unity is more important than any gripe that they may have.

Freedom of speech in a social setting is fine as one speaks for himself. But freedom of speech in a team setting, where 27 players can all try to influence what tactics we use, who the starting 11 are, what opponents to have friendlies with, who should be the head of the football federation, etc... is an impossible way of running a football team. That is why all successful football teams that I know of don't give players this freedom of speech. As a matter of fact, going public with your disagreement, will certainly have financial penalties at the very least for the player.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

Taremi has done his job but so has Sardar. So where does that leave us???

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                    Besides he was taking the right route and giving feedback to the right authorities, as he should, and not public until one player decided that he will talk on behalf of all the players and put a particular message out on social media, mind you not saying i think but all the NT players think so & so. His hand was forced to correct that, nothing wrong with that. After all, the repuation of the NT team at the world stage is concerned, thats bigger than anyone. All powers to Taremi who when needed corrected a misinformaiton.
                    Perhaps Taremi could have sent a message to Azmoun to correct his IG post and it would have avoided all this dis-unity in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                      Perhaps Taremi could have sent a message to Azmoun to correct his IG post and it would have avoided all this dis-unity in the team.
                      What makes you think he didn’t? Besides Sardar was giving interviews putting the same message out.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                        What makes you think he didn’t? Besides Sardar was giving interviews putting the same message out.
                        Sardar was giving interviews saying that he speaks for the whole team??? When? Where? All I know of is his one IG post which was followed almost immediately by the Taremi, JB, etc.

If you think Taremi tried to talk to Azmoun in order to change his post and Azmoun refused, let me ask you a question. Do you want Taremi and Azmoun to play together in TM???

Comment

It doesn’t matter what Sardar says ,,,you have taremi here who is hustling running almost 7 miles a game in the champions league in the league in the League cup , playing multiple games score in the winners in the national team, I will what mehdi Taremi says much more seriously than what Sardar says

so you have Sardar who to me hasn’t proven much yet in terms of consistency, acting very lazy player he can’t even prove himself in Bayer yet so he’s trying to make sure that whoever the coach is most likely he wants skocic because he doesn’t want to be benched in the World Cup And Carlos is there he’s gonna make every player earn their spot

Comment

Who said workplaces are beacons of democracy? They are not as once you sign up for a job you give up your democratic rights.
                            Compare this to swedish national team: kulusevski said something critical about the coach and was forced to take it back within half a day and make statements about how much goh khori he was up to.
                            This is how the world works.

Do I agree with it personally? No I think more democracy is needed in workplaces in general. But there is a value conflict between these freedoms and efficiency/and organizational coherence sometimes and we need to acknowledge this.

Finally: There are solutions to these kind of value tensions. But the procedures for doing it need to be right. Mob rule is not a substitute for good procedures whereas people are being held accountable.
                            Taremi is right about many things he say: but he should know better than acting like a vigilante.

Comment

Regarding mob rule in 2006: nobody is condoning their behaviour. Both Daei and Karimi were utterly WRONG for acting like teenagers.
                              It is with 2006 in mind many of us dont want Taremi to go that route and tarnish his legacy. Nobody likes the pricks that are running TM, absolutely none.
                              But if you wrestle a pig, youre bound to get dirty yourself. Its as easy as that and Taremi needs to acknowledge this.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                                Sardar was giving interviews saying that he speaks for the whole team??? When? Where? All I know of is his one IG post which was followed almost immediately by the Taremi, JB, etc.
                                If you think Taremi tried to talk to Azmoun in order to change his post and Azmoun refused, let me ask you a question. Do you want Taremi and Azmoun to play together in TM???
                                why are you still trying to split up the only chance we have at a respectable showing? Give it a rest, the two of them have publicly said they have no beef yet you keep clinging to it...

Comment

Working...
                                X