X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This should be a bronze statue outside of Dragao

Comment

Statements by Taremi, at the end of the match against Vitória de Guimarães (3-0)

Reaction to triumph: "Thank you to the fans, who came to the game. We tried our best from the start, but we didn't manage to be champions. We had a very good attitude. We apologize."

Benfica goals: "We heard Benfica's goals. We tried our best, but it's not always possible. We did our best. It is what it is."

Top scorer title: "Thank my colleagues, who helped me. It doesn't matter to me, because we weren't champions."

Championship history: "We lost a lot of points. That's life. Benfica had a good championship. We tried our best until the end."​

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-16430173.html

Comment

Taremi is the league's top scorer and ends fasting at FC Porto​

Mehdi Taremi became the top scorer of the 2022/23 championship, with 22 goals scored in the competition. This is the first time that the Iranian forward has achieved this status in Portugal, where he arrived in the 2019/20 season, to represent Rio Ave.

The 30-year-old player scored 18 hits in his debut season, 16 in the following campaign, now with the Dragons, and 20 in the previous campaign, in terms of the championship.

FC Porto haven't had the competition's top scorer since 2014/15, when Jackson Martínez ended the competition with 21 goals, one more than the ones he had scored in the previous season, and five less than in 2012/13, in which was also the king of gunners.

As far as this season is concerned, Gonçalo Ramos, with 19 goals, and João Mário, with 17, were in the remaining places on the podium​.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-16428218.html

Comment

Damn, I kinda feel bad for Ramos...NOT!
          But the poor guy was leading until MT turned on beast mode towards the end!
          No title, but the GB is not bad. Tanks gods!
          He really should stay in Porto and become a legend. If they beef up the midfield, they could be contenders! Great goalie, defense is still solid, and I like Evanlinson up top with MT. A good CL run will solidify his status.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarsal Claw View Post
            Damn, I kinda feel bad for Ramos...NOT!
            But the poor guy was leading until MT turned on beast mode towards the end!
            No title, but the GB is not bad. Tanks gods!
            He really should stay in Porto and become a legend. If they beef up the midfield, they could be contenders! Great goalie, defense is still solid, and I like Evanlinson up top with MT. A good CL run will solidify his status.
            Don't feel sorry for him bro. He is valued 3-4 times than taremi, already has offers from top teams in top 3 leagues and he is only 21 . Man united , chelsea , tottenham ..... are fighting over this guy and here we have mehdi getting low offers from sh!t teams like fener and al hilal.

I feel sorry for taremi , he should've played in top leagues 7 years ago.

Comment

Post-match interview 👏🏻⭐️

https://fb.watch/kODiwp5fP6/

https://youtu.be/gvcfY9Rmwt4

Comment

Just realized they also included a Persian caption. What a club!

Comment

^ just read some comments from the post on FB, damn I wish I could be there one day and embrace all that love towards this Prince! 🥹🙏🏻🇵🇹

Comment

many rumours about taremi but i really hope he stays at porto

Comment

For me my personal choice based on his age and risk profile (bearing in mind the IR tax on success) and the rumours so-far are:

1. Stays at Porto and becomes a club legend
                      2. Goes to a forward-thinking club with a good coach manager and becomes their star e.g. Wolves post-Lopetegui arrival
                      3. Goes to a champions league La Liga team with fewer strikers than others e.g. Sociedad (if they qualify, although no Taremi rumours and he isnt Basque), Sevilla (if they qualify)
                      4. Goes to a champions league team where he starts in rotation but might become backup eg Lazio, Arsenal
                      5. Goes to a winning club specifically to become a backup eg PSG rumours or Bayern
                      6. Goes to a club where the fans are arseholes eg West Ham
                      7. Goes to a club with no direction and a crap manager to become a backup eg Chelsea
                      8. Does this https://twitter.com/IranNewsHub/stat...73717818392580

I know opinions are different but I personally think at age 30, yes he is at his peak and a big move could be great and if anyone makes it successful then it would be Taremi, but there are too many ifs or buts and due to his age and nationality he is unlikely to be inserted straight into a regular starting line up (even at Rio Ave this didn't happen immediately, let alone Porto where it took a year). Porto is a champions league regular and he gets fed the balls (apart from by Galeno) in a way that he is unlikely to get in other clubs.

Comment

Taremi, top scorer of the championship, is in the "caramel point"

The 30-year-old striker became the 16th player of the "dragons" to win the distinction of top scorer in the competition, standing out from Gonçalo Ramos, of the champion Benfica, who added 19 goals, while the last position of the podium was shared by João Mário, also from the "incarnados", and by the Spaniard Fran Navarro, from Gil Vicente, both with 17

Mehdi Taremi, who became the top scorer in the I Liga for the first time, scoring 22 goals for FC Porto, is at the "sweet spot" of his career, describes coach Vasco Seabra.

"It's true that he always has to be at a very high level on that level of a team that plays for the title and I think it has corresponded. I think it's been a full season for Taremi in terms of what he brings to the game", Lusa assessed the coach, who has already coached Paços de Ferreira, Boavista, Moreirense and Marítimo in the main league.

The 30-year-old striker became the 16th player of the "dragons" to win the distinction of top scorer in the competition, standing out from Gonçalo Ramos, of the champion Benfica, who added 19 goals, while the last position of the podium was divided by João Mário, also from the "incarnados", and by the Spaniard Fran Navarro, from Gil Vicente, both with 17.

Taremi succeeded Uruguayan Darwin Núñez, who dominated the list of "top scorers" last season, scoring 26 goals for Benfica before heading to Liverpool's English side, with Vasco Seabra praising the Iranian's ability to "alternate different movements".

"When he plays with Evanilson or Toni Martínez [in an offensive partnership], he is not so much a deep player, because that is more up to the attacking partner, but he comes more in support, he manages to receive the ball between the lines, he gives quality in construction and is added almost as being another midfielder. When it is the only reference, it causes diagonals and creates difficulties to stretch the opposing defensive line", he observed.

Other top scorers in the I Liga at the service of FC Porto had already been the failed "bibota" Fernando Gomes (six times), the Brazilian Mário Jardel (four) and the Colombian Jackson Martínez (three), as well as, singularly , the Brazilians Hulk, Pena or Azumir, the Argentine Lisandro López, the South African Benny McCarthy, the Yugoslav Kordnya and the Portuguese Domingos Paciência, Jacques, Araújo, Correia Dias, Costuras and Pinga.

"Taremi had already shown a lot of quality in Rio Ave and that's why he moved up to the FC Porto level", added Vasco Seabra, 39 years old, who has already played 91 games in the main division, five of which for Marítimo in the first five rounds from 2022/23.

Acquired from Al-Gharafa, from Qatar, the forward made his debut in the I Liga with 18 goals for the Vila-Condenses and was even one of the most lethal in the 2019/20 edition, losing just one goal to the Brazilian Carlos Vinícius , from Benfica.

Taremi moved to FC Porto the following season and rose through the ranks of the top scorers, placing third in 2020/21 (16 goals), runner-up in 2021/22 (20) and winner in 2022/ 23 (22) of a distinction that the club has not won since the "tri" sealed by Jackson Martínez in 2012/13 (26), 2013/14 (20) and 2014/15 (21).

Combining in his history the conquests of a championship, a Portuguese Cup, two Cândido de Oliveira Super Cups and a League Cup, the Iranian scored an unprecedented "poker" in the victory in Vila Nova de Famalicão (4-2, from the 33rd and penultimate round) to beat the Brazilian Hulk as the third best foreign scorer in the club's history and now total 80 goals in 146 duels, behind Jardel (168 out of 175) and Jackson (92 out of 136).​

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-16439526.html

Comment

"Taremi is perhaps one of the best strikers to play in Europe"

Drulovic applauds diversity of top scorer Taremi.

The Iranian international footballer Mehdi Taremi, who became the top scorer of the Portuguese First League for the first time, with 22 goals for FC Porto, shone for his offensive diversity, reiterates the former Serbian striker Ljubinko Drulovic.

"He made an excellent partnership with Evanilson or Toni Martínez, he showed a lot of quality, he is evolving as a player and he entered the FC Porto team very well. He is a striker with excellent characteristics, very powerful and who knows how to take penalties well. He is a player perfect for that position, who makes the best use of his individual quality within his own team. Perhaps he is one of the best forwards playing in Europe at the moment and he has been playing excellent games, not only in the First League, but also in European competitions", observed to the Lusa agency the former winger of the dragons, between 1993 and 2001.

"There are other players who have a lot of quality. We could talk about Otávio, Uribe, Pepe or Grujic himself, who I know very well, as well as a few others. In my opinion, Taremi was the player who marked this season in individual terms. FC Porto is always worth the team, but it seems to me that he scored many important goals", noted the former Yugoslav international and current assistant coach of the Serbian national team, which won five championships, four Portuguese Cups and five Super Cups in dragons.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-16438709.html

Comment

I am so proud of the player Mehdi has become over the past few years. I wish him all the best for many years to come. What a beast!
                            This Color
                            Italy, EsEs, Chelsea, Lakers

Comment

One more match for Mehdi's 2022-23 season at FC Porto, this Sunday

Comment

^ why on earth are they playing the game at such a broken stadium?

Comment

Working...
                                X