This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    I've no idea why? Porto is one of the best teams in Europe. They have European pedigree which is much more than other clubs -eg Roma just won the conference league, their first trophy in such a long time...
    Porto won Champions league twice (87, 04), Europa League twice (03, 11), Intercontinental cup twice, Super cup etc...
    They are so often a fixture in the later stages of European competition.
    PORTO imo are the Greatest Cinderella Team (Giant Killers) in all of europe..!!
    but because they are in a smaller eu football market/ and essentially a Selling Club, the overall obohat of the club is still way short of ACM and such..!
    Last edited by BacheLot; 07-29-2022, 10:16 AM.

Comment

The issue is not interest per se. I am sure many la liga, italian big hitters would love Taremi on their teams.

The problem is that he is worth too much to Porto...Even with a fee of 25mio they will not replace him, at least not immediately, and will likely surrender the title to Benfica or Sporting, and risk even missing out on CL altogether (think how much money that would be).

In Spain, beyond the top 3 and possibly sevilla (Although they focus more on bargains and expiring contracts), nobody else can really afford him. In italy the same story. Clubs like inter are only doing free transfers and loans this summer, similar story for roma.

I think one italian team that hasnt been mentioned where hed be a great fit is Juventus actually. Comparatively they have the financial strength to do it (esp after selling de ligt) and he would fill that role of a CF that can play as a LW that they havent had since Mandzukic days. A front 3 of Taremi, Vlahovic, and Chiesa would be devastating.

But as mentioned staying at porto is not the end of the world at all. I don't mind him retiring there and going down as a club legend but from his POV (and conceicaos) it must be frustrating to lose your best teammates year in, year out. I thought after selling Luis in January that would allow them to keep hold of the likes of Vitinha, Vieira, Chico and add some new pieces too. Instead it ended up becoming a firesale, and despite bringing in some talented reinforcements they will need time to adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        The issue is not interest per se. I am sure many la liga, italian big hitters would love Taremi on their teams.
        The problem is that he is worth too much to Porto...Even with a fee of 25mio they will not replace him, at least not immediately, and will likely surrender the title to Benfica or Sporting, and risk even missing out on CL altogether (think how much money that would be).
        In Spain, beyond the top 3 and possibly sevilla (Although they focus more on bargains and expiring contracts), nobody else can really afford him. In italy the same story. Clubs like inter are only doing free transfers and loans this summer, similar story for roma.
        I think one italian team that hasnt been mentioned where hed be a great fit is Juventus actually. Comparatively they have the financial strength to do it (esp after selling de ligt) and he would fill that role of a CF that can play as a LW that they havent had since Mandzukic days. A front 3 of Taremi, Vlahovic, and Chiesa would be devastating.
        But as mentioned staying at porto is not the end of the world at all. I don't mind him retiring there and going down as a club legend but from his POV (and conceicaos) it must be frustrating to lose your best teammates year in, year out. I thought after selling Luis in January that would allow them to keep hold of the likes of Vitinha, Vieira, Chico and add some new pieces too. Instead it ended up becoming a firesale, and despite bringing in some talented reinforcements they will need time to adapt.
        He’s tried and tested in CL and the Portuguese league.
        He was Porto’s best playmaker and goal scorer.
        They don’t anyone else with all those abilities right now.
        Porto would have to spend much more to find an equivalent right now. None of their youth players or bench players can replicate Taremi.
        It’s not worth the risk for Porto.
        Porto also will not sell cheap. I think the club is 1st or 2nd in terms of net profit from transfers in all of modern football.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          better than ACM? EPL side ... especially one in top half ? or even a top 7 La Liga club..?

dont think so personally..!!

Milan woulda been grand .... but sadly aint gonna happen ... it just seems to me that italians only get serious about acquiring an irani talent, if they can be bought on a deep discount... !!?
          even azmoun in his prime years couldnt muster a Serie A move because essentially they didnt want to pay anywhere near fair market rate for his services ..! think juve, napoli even lazio for that matter..!

Spanish teams outside the top 2-3, have limited budgets and can't really afford to pay top dollar either...!!

EPL side on the other hand are a well-known splurgers and even a bottom leaguer there can offer enough dosh to convince Porto to offload him... and to boot Mehdi himself seems very fond of playing there ..!! if he ends up in a semi-decent EPL side, i'd suspect him becoming the most successful iranian to ever play at an EPL club ..!! not all that difficult of an achievement i suppose considering..?? lol 😂
          Milan is good and so are EPL sides, but for the sake of consistency and continuity at the world cup and not risking benching, I kinda want some peace for one of our Legionnaires..

Why not let Taremi play out in Porto for at least 1-2 more years? Milan would still buy him at 32-34 years of age if he's still performing

Comment

Taremi would be smart to play at Porto one more season before moving to AC Milan to replace Zlatan/Giroud.

Comment

^ I like Porto, they've been good to Mehdi (mostly), but it's natural that at the tender age of 30, Mehdi wants to play in better leagues than Liga NOS, where he sees top level competition on a weekly basis. That's why players leave Porto all the time for better/bigger clubs/leagues.

In the Adel interview, he also said it's his dream to play in the EPL. It's now, or likely never for Mehdi to reach that dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                Milan is good and so are EPL sides, but for the sake of consistency and continuity at the world cup and not risking benching, I kinda want some peace for one of our Legionnaires..

Why not let Taremi play out in Porto for at least 1-2 more years? Milan would still buy him at 32-34 years of age if he's still performing
                I totally agree....Peace for Legionnaires, Peace for TM..all would be perfect. Why come out and say if I were Porto, I would sell Taremi? Is he pushing for a move...or isn't he? Did he mean it...or not really?

Taremi is not a peaceful soul.

Comment

Match day: Super Cup vs Tondela at 12:45pm pst

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                    Taremi would be smart to play at Porto one more season before moving to AC Milan to replace Zlatan/Giroud.
                    Milan has zlatan, giroud, origi, rebic, and they are close to buy De katalaere from brugge

Comment

Just came back from visiting Porto, the city their stadium the museum. This is a big, big club with a very rich history and a very passionate fan base. Anything short of a top 4-5 team in EPL/La Liga/Bundesliga/Serie A would 100% be a downgrade for Taremi. Here he gets pretty much everything a footballer could ask for, he gets competitive European play, world class training standards, world class teammates, coach, beautiful city. Porto is a big club guys it’s hard to understate this but when you go see everything in person it is easier to understand.

Comment

Comment

Me waiting for the match to start

Comment

Comment

Traveling Porto fans always bring the heat

Comment

Mehdi is starting. Probably on the wing. Danny Loader is also starting and he's more of a CF.

Comment

Working...
                                X