This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    His form dropped a bit but he played too many games. It has been a long season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t know any other club at this level that has gone so far with no playmaker for almost 2 seasons, and with so little depth.

Comment

Porto have definitely a fair chance to advance. 1-0 loss away is not a disaster. Of course 0-0 had been better but I think they will manage Inter at home March 14.

Comment

It is not over. They have to capitalize on their chances. Finishing was poor by whole team not only Taremi

Comment

Frustrating game, Mehdi should have had a goal and an assist. Stupid first yellow by Otavio but he deserved it based on his unsportsmanlike play. Porto sold too many players and are nowhere as good as last year's team.

Comment

The evanilson/mehdi combo is for sure the best and most effective. They work very well together and get the job done against all opposition. This group that was out there today was too reliant on uribe or galeno trying to make something out of nothing….Sergio needs to make adjustments in the return leg they can make it if they approach the game the right way
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

There is something mentally wrong with some porto players.

1. They dont have winning mentality as compared to previous seasons. They need guys like Sergio Oliveira. Not the best player quality wise but he knew how to win. He could push a win from nothing!

2. They have problem with composure and always get ppl sent of after group stage. I think this is an adrenaline issue. These guys are too pumped going into games. Maybe Taremi was shol? But thats a first and Otavio sure compensated for that! lol.

3. Khoreh mentality issues. Porto is one of the most khoreh teams in Europe. Less so today than 2 seasons ago when Luis Diaz would dribble around himself every game. For me Porto is best when they combine that technical game with accurate passing. We see glimpses of that now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                The evanilson/mehdi combo is for sure the best and most effective. They work very well together and get the job done against all opposition. This group that was out there today was too reliant on uribe or galeno trying to make something out of nothing….Sergio needs to make adjustments in the return leg they can make it if they approach the game the right way
                Agree even though EN didn't looked so fit and good shape most probably because of all his injuries but they are the best combination, together with Galeno.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
                  There is something mentally wrong with some porto players.

2. They have problem with composure and always get ppl sent of after group stage. I think this is an adrenaline issue. These guys are too pumped going into games. Maybe Taremi was shol? But thats a first and Otavio sure compensated for that! lol.
                  Agree and I think it only depends on SC himself that has temper problem. Every other game, he's booked just like last night. If the coach can't control his own temper, that will be transfered to the players. As the Swedish commentator said yesterday, is there any mistake you really can punish a player is those silly mistakes like Otavio that could have major impact on the whole Champions League season.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

Unlike you I hope for our players success, criticize when warranted, and dont get raging hard-on when they havent scored for 2 games. If you are so happy to trash and make personal attacks on our best players there are always other countries players you can support, iraq, saudi, etc.
                    I just don’t see how commenting on a player’s form or pointing out X goals in X games can be interpreted as an attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmad_DC View Post
                      Frustrating game, Mehdi should have had a goal and an assist. Stupid first yellow by Otavio but he deserved it based on his unsportsmanlike play. Porto sold too many players and are nowhere as good as last year's team.
                      Got a look at the highlights. The play where he missed the tap in was offside before the ball came to him so it would not have counted anyway. The left back got a shot off that was blocked by a defender and the ball went back to the left back who took another shot. At this point Pepe was streaking by the goalie in a clear offside position. The goalie blocked that shot and the rebound went to Taremi but the play was dead at that point. So I'll correct my statement he should have had an assist.

Comment

I watched the highlights last night. Our boy was involved and had 3 decent chances. Just a matter of time and luck to break this cold spell.

Comment

Sérgio Conceição on Taremi

Taremi has been a little divorced from goals in 2023. Can you find an explanation? Could it be Evanilson's absence? "They do it according to the statistics, but it has nothing to do with that. Taremi played a very competent game in Milan, the icing on the cake was to realize one or another flagrant occasion that he had, but that is part of it. If he doesn't If he were there and worked the way he did, that's where I would be worried. The goals naturally come. Since Taremi has been here, he has given so much to the team, that I won't look at what Taremi's last two months have been like. a great professional and player, he has already given a lot to FC Porto and will continue to do so."

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-15901532.html

Comment

That is nice of coach but he should start scoring again!

Comment

Just an aside, Pepe turned 40 this week. What a beast of a player.

Comment

Starting vs Gil Vicente

Comment

Working...
                                X