Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Interesting parts of the interview:

- Football people would criticize for them the events of the camps and friendlies publicly, and then they would call them and say keep doing what you're doing.

- Players were going to wear the black wristbands for the Iran-Uruguay match, but people behind the scenes put pressure on the players not to do so. Some players got scared to do anything (understandably).

- CQ rightfully pointed out to TM players that questions from the British media are solely to distract the players and team, not out of any concern for Iranians.

- Half of the TM bonuses (for the players) was spent by the players on freeing prisoners (around 300-400 prisoners)

My thoughts: we all know where most of us stand with IR; going against these kids was a huge mistake and played perfectly into IR hands. Ferdosipour is grilling JB in this interview like a interrogator about the photos, yet he still has roles in IRIB (from what I understand). The pressure TM was under was at a level I am sure 99.999999999% of people couldn't handle, yet they expected every TM player to behave like a revolutionary leader.

Comment

Yeah very interesting interview:

https://youtu.be/Oq-qpLRtLZ4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Woow great Interview, Looks like part 2 will be aswell! Thx for sharing
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post

Classic Iranian luck. Was there bets on Iranians injuries at crucial moments, one could easily become a millionaire.
            Is it confirmed he will miss the Roma game?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              Interesting parts of the interview:

- Football people would criticize for them the events of the camps and friendlies publicly, and then they would call them and say keep doing what you're doing.

- Players were going to wear the black wristbands for the Iran-Uruguay match, but people behind the scenes put pressure on the players not to do so. Some players got scared to do anything (understandably).

- CQ rightfully pointed out to TM players that questions from the British media are solely to distract the players and team, not out of any concern for Iranians.

- Half of the TM bonuses (for the players) was spent by the players on freeing prisoners (around 300-400 prisoners)

My thoughts: we all know where most of us stand with IR; going against these kids was a huge mistake and played perfectly into IR hands. Ferdosipour is grilling JB in this interview like a interrogator about the photos, yet he still has roles in IRIB (from what I understand). The pressure TM was under was at a level I am sure 99.999999999% of people couldn't handle, yet they expected every TM player to behave like a revolutionary leader.
              Regarding the photo grilling: it’s fashionable to weaponize tragedies these days and to become a type of moral policeman when others actions are deemed “unacceptable.”

When:
              A. That person is not the perpetrator.
              B. You have no clue the pressure/restrictions the other person is under
              C. You judge an isolated action, rather than taking a holistic view of that person’s actions
              D. You yourself, have more than likely engaged in “unacceptable” behavior but cameras are not on you

ARJ carried himself with class as always.

Comment

Sorry but ARJ was trying the old lipstick on a pig trick. There is no fixing those FIFA photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  JB had a huge interview with football 360. The bot farms are out attacking him already.

hey at least all the pressure on the boys was worth it since now Iran is a democracy with the highest GDP per capita on the planet... it really made a difference.

One thing I got to disagree with Alireza though is his hints that the English were trying to sabotage Iran through reporters and Camera people. Seems like a bit of tinfoil hat type of thing.
                  They would beat Iran regardless of the political situation. No reason to resort to some weird media manipulation.

Originally posted by Ahmad_DC View Post
                  Sorry but ARJ was trying the old lipstick on a pig trick. There is no fixing those FIFA photos.
                  It's possible they went into it trying to be all serious, but were charmed by the cameraman to loosen up a bit. After all professional photographers are skilled at making people lighten up for photos. It's part of the job.

Last edited by The; 04-10-2023, 03:21 PM.

Comment

I personally do not think there’s anything to fix. They were doing the standard fifa photoshoot for all teams that make the world cup. Check out the other teams photos too. They can be happy to make the world cup and enjoy the occasion, while at the same time, make a compassionate gesture regarding the situation before the Senegal & USA games.

Comment

He doesn’t have to justify anything. Even answering these questions is above and beyond what’s expected.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

hey at least all the pressure on the boys was worth it since now Iran is a democracy with the highest GDP per capita on the planet... it really made a difference.

One thing I got to disagree with Alireza though is his hints that the English were trying to sabotage Iran through reporters and Camera people. Seems like a bit of tinfoil hat type of thing.
                        They would beat Iran regardless of the political situation. No reason to resort to some weird media manipulation.

It's possible they went into it trying to be all serious, but were charmed by the cameraman to loosen up a bit. After all professional photographers are skilled at making people lighten up for photos. It's part of the job.
                        I don’t think what ARJ is saying is a conspiracy. It’s good practice. Throw your opponents off. Unfortunately we Iranians don’t know how to do it without melodrama, hyperbole and general hysteria.

Comment

Reports out of Iran indicate that many people celebrated Eid e Norouz, jumped over fire while laughing and singing, celebrated 13 be dar and worst of all, pictures were taken too…. while smiling!!!!! I suggest we organize and go boo them…. They should have been aza dari (mourning) 24/7 , just like some members here who have not cracked a smile in seven months. Them are the real patriots.

100% pure sarcasm above. No suger added.​

Comment

I hope Feyenoord manages to go through against Roma and Bayer Leverkusen also go through which would mean that we have at least one Iranian player playing in the final of this years Europa League.

Comment

The lame excuse that we were told photo shot is for personal use and will not leak, just man it up from beginning and say it was stupid act!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                                The lame excuse that we were told photo shot is for personal use and will not leak, just man it up from beginning and say it was stupid act!

lol who even believed that? there's always a photoshoot at the World Cup.

Comment

Working...
                                X