This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Just an interesting stat from WC 2018. Jahnanbakhsh was our only player consistently getting into the top 3 in terms of peak speed.
    He looks way slower than he actually is.

Image is here as it doesn’t seem to load here

https://imgur.com/0qFFfha/
    its not even his speed or running form, I think a lot of frustration stems from the fact he can be so poor in 1v1 situation, esp for a winger. That should always be their bread and butter. Instead its not uncommong to see him tripping over himself, even end up fouling the player defending him (remember lebanon match in masshad). Feel like this is confidence related but it tends to aggravate supporters and make him a bit of an easy scape goat

Comment

Just an interesting stat from WC 2018. Jahnanbakhsh was our only player consistently getting into the top 3 in terms of peak speed.

It's his running style which sometimes makes him seem slower. In 2014-2018 his pace was absolutely blistering and I don't personally think his speed has naturally reduced. He is only 28

The issue is more about his acceleration than his actual speed - he is too often second to the ball these days. I don't know if his overthinking is hampering this

Comment

I believe also that his top speed is quite high. For me, the questionable part is the acceleration which is different than top speed. When you are standing still, how quickly are you running after two or three steps. That is what you need to beat the man in front of you.

It is like the 0-60 speed of a car and the top speed of a car. Weight and power and traction really affect the 0-60 where weight and traction are much less important for the top speed.

It is funny that you say that as I was watching Iran Portugal again last night and there were a few 40-50 yard races between ARJ and Portugal's little left back and ARJ got the upper hand every time.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          It's his running style which sometimes makes him seem slower. In 2014-2018 his pace was absolutely blistering and I don't personally think his speed has naturally reduced. He is only 28
          The issue is more about his acceleration than his actual speed - he is too often second to the ball these days. I don't know if his overthinking is hampering this
          His pace (acceleration and top speed) both dropped after his injury against Everton in his first season with Brighton. He yet to (and probably never will) get that pace back.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
            His pace (acceleration and top speed) both dropped after his injury against Everton in his first season with Brighton. He yet to (and probably never will) get that pace back.
            That and the fact that he has put on mass since then too.
            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                  Another bonerpic, poor kid needs to wear looser shorts
                  The one with Potter on the sidelines was legendary

About the text, he is correct, just sad that we have one of the worst federations in our history atm plus a coach who insists to play a formation with players out of position, strange invites, instead of changing formation to fit the players and optimize the squad potential..
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                    Another bonerpic, poor kid needs to wear looser shorts
                    The one with Potter on the sidelines was legendary

About the text, he is correct, just sad that we have one of the worst federations in our history atm plus a coach who insists to play a formation with players out of position, strange invites, instead of changing formation to fit the players and optimize the squad potential..

Still say
                    Here is the article: https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/art...fifa-world-cup

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                      Great article, it was a nice read. Thx for sharing.
                      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                        I think much of it is mental. I think he is afraid of another major injury and so always sits back and prances around without committing to the tackle. And in possession he'd rather lose the ball than physically fight for it. He used to have a physical aspect to his game that disappeared after that injury.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          its not even his speed or running form, I think a lot of frustration stems from the fact he can be so poor in 1v1 situation, esp for a winger. That should always be their bread and butter. Instead its not uncommong to see him tripping over himself, even end up fouling the player defending him (remember lebanon match in masshad). Feel like this is confidence related but it tends to aggravate supporters and make him a bit of an easy scape goat
                          Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                          Agree with both that he overthinks and most of these issues are mental. He’s a smart guy. Sometimes you just got to be dumb to be good.

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                              I believe also that his top speed is quite high. For me, the questionable part is the acceleration which is different than top speed. When you are standing still, how quickly are you running after two or three steps. That is what you need to beat the man in front of you.
                              It is like the 0-60 speed of a car and the top speed of a car. Weight and power and traction really affect the 0-60 where weight and traction are much less important for the top speed.
                              It is funny that you say that as I was watching Iran Portugal again last night and there were a few 40-50 yard races between ARJ and Portugal's little left back and ARJ got the upper hand every time.
                              I agree... think his pure acceleration has taken a big hit since early eredivisie days but he is still plenty of a quick and mobile winger..!! when motivated to perform, his workrate and speed of play becomes quite commendable as well, like in the last friendly and his more recent TM features...!!
                              watching him play he could be in Wing back or top of his box defending one minute and the next minute leading their counter attack up the wing, then see him switching wings often and also coming to middle of the pitch to help transition passing all within minutes ... certainly wouldnt suggest a slow poke winger...! just one lacking that get-away speed/acceleration to blow by his marker easily in an open field counter situation..(something that Sardar is quiet exceptional @)
                              his rather frequent struggles with hamstring injury certainly has played its part in his acceleration decline .... i dont remember when it all started but The has a point ... dont have a doctorate, but it only seems natural to me that the muscles in back of your thigh/calf? are the ones that play the most vital role in explosiveness of a player and their pure acceleration capabilities..!!?
                              there has been quite a few massive blows to his confidence since his departure outa AZ too ... so naturally its a contributing factor as well..!
                              Last edited by BacheLot; 08-03-2022, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X