Does Queiroz deserve a Statue: YES or NO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
    I appreciate your view always. Let me see if I can explain myself better. Lets take your comment above. I have no problem with you or anyone else saying: "CQ was our best coach ever. He did so much for our soccer and we should should be grateful to him for having led our team for 8 years." Praise him all you want. No problem. It is the "Skocic couldn't shine CQ's shoes" that bothers me. Skocic is our TM coach right now. And when fans talk about him that way, he can act and try not to let it affect him, but it puts him under unnecessary pressure. Why should we as fans of TM put our coach under extra pressure?
    Skocic was certainly aware of all the complaints about him and how unpopular he is. That was obvious in his interview with Adel. He can only act like it doesn't bother him for so long but you know it will. I'd rather he work till 3 am analyzing England instead of saying hell with it, lets go to bed at 10. I really feel we should support TM from now on. If CQ comes back, I'll be the first to support him. But as long as Skocic is the coach, let us as fans do everything we can to support TM.
    I appreciate your views/contributions as well. By stating that "Skocic couldn't shine CQ's shoes" does not, in any way, take away from my support for TM. I've been an unconditional TM fan for 25+ years. I can criticize IFF, TM players, and coaches and still be a TM fan and support their collective efforts. However, on an individual level, my praise needs to be earned. I can't blindly support any individual (be it coach or player) if I don't feel they are earning it. This would also include CQ if he wasn't living up to my expectations. Blind loyalty is the last thing I would want from any TM fan on this forum or beyond.

Comment

This is getting ridiculous That would be such a low-class thing to do. A nation of 85 million people put up a statute if a man with no real significant magnificent achievements in his own name in his entire career!!! I wonder what the rest of the world would think about the level of our football and our expectations?
      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
      نگاه میکنید.
      sigpic
      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
        This is getting ridiculous That would be such a low-class thing to do. A nation of 85 million people put up a statute if a man with no real significant magnificent achievements in his own name in his entire career!!! I wonder what the rest of the world would think about the level of our football and our expectations?
        Sorry to break it to you, but the world view of the "level of our football and our expectations" is pretty low and/or non-existent right about now. Plus the statue would be for the fans, who cares what the world thinks! Lastly, the "world" has erected countless statues to some pretty hideous/heinous/lame people. CQ would be the least of our worries relative to the butchers/imperialists/slave traders the "world" has put on pedestals for centuries.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
          Sorry to break it to you, but the world view of the "level of our football and our expectations" is pretty low and/or non-existent right about now. Plus the statue would be for the fans, who cares what the world thinks! Lastly, the "world" has erected countless statues to some pretty hideous/heinous/lame people. CQ would be the least of our worries relative to the butchers/imperialists/slave traders the "world" has put on pedestals for centuries.
          I suppose it is impossible to argue with those who think CQ is the Masiah. But He is nothing to me. Nor is Skocic or anyone else. By all means buy a figurine of CQ and place it on your mantel piece but when it comes to public places, then it becomes a public matter and not any tom dick and harry should be placed in such places.
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic
          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Sometimes we forget something.

We adore these people but they get paid millions and have the best life anyone can have, so to be honest we poor people need a statue not the ones who have a luxury life and were lucky

Comment

As a personal opinion I believe no living person should be honored this way. In death it makes sense to honour people and legends. But if we are submitting names then Frank O'Farrell, Alan Rogers are names along with Ali Daie definitely should be honored at some point. They did more for Iranian football than many can do in a lifetime!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                As a personal opinion I believe no living person should be honored this way. In death it makes sense to honour people and legends. But if we are submitting names then Frank O'Farrell, Alan Rogers are names along with Ali Daie definitely should be honored at some point. They did more for Iranian football than many can do in a lifetime!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                During his reign i presented few of his statue , here is one, that will be closest possible.
                ( skipped cracked & Che)

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                  During his reign i presented few of his statue , here is one, that will be closest possible.
                  ( skipped cracked & Che)
                  Lol kheily baamazeh - i used to love using that "convert to art" function on Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro in the mid-nineties Now there are AI based online tools which make things a lot easier and more artistic

Anyway, fascinated that people who ask me to ignore their posts keep not ignoring my posts/threads...

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                    Lol kheily baamazeh - i used to love using that "convert to art" function on Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro in the mid-nineties Now there are AI based online tools which make things a lot easier and more artistic
                    Anyway, fascinated that people who ask me to ignore their posts keep not ignoring my posts/threads...

You are a confused person.

you trolling in TM thread is not fascinating but it fascinate you one reply to a third party in your thread.

You replied to my post directly in my thread and asked me a question ( 05-26-2022, 04:44 PM)that I answered you.
                    Didn't you?
                    TM-News-Vol. 7 - Page 50 (persianfootball.com)

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                      You are a confused person.
                      you trolling in TM thread is not fascinating but it fascinate you one reply to a third party in your thread.
                      You replied to my post directly in my thread and asked me a question ( 05-26-2022, 04:44 PM)that I answered you.

Didn't you?

TM-News-Vol. 7 - Page 50 (persianfootball.com)
                      I wasn't referring to you in my second line, isn't that obvious from the statement "people who ask me to ignore their posts" ??? I was referring to someone else.

And where am I "trolling in TM thread"? Can you show me the trolling please? In the link, I can see me just questioning you politely on a topic which had been covered earlier in that thread (others have responded more angrily to your professed support of IR on the day of that post than I did). Which one of us is confused?

Comment

If we build his statue we must put his stats underneath it.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                          If we build his statue we must put his stats underneath it.
                          St_Mark accuses me of trolling for politely asking a question about his support of IR which he himself had posted during that day. Is there anything wrong with my tone of questioning in the post he sent? It was certainly less aggressive than other forum members on that day.

And yet this tooleh khers keeps repeating the same things without ever answering anyone. Just a constant repetition of spamming and seekhoonak zadan. Selective choice of stats, selective memories, circular arguments without responding to any points people make...

Who is the troll?

Comment

At this moment, with this government, I would rather see the renaming of Imam Khomeini International Airport. I would totally be for it!!

Otherwise, in a normal world; renaming of a wing of the TM training facilities will do.
                            Also it would be a great idea to have statues of all the legends near stadiums; from coaches to players

Comment

There's one thing worse than viewing an art like football simply through the context of stats...

And that is using selective statistics, e.g. missing out a lot of full international matches, uncorroborated sources etc... to make some kind of stand. I.e. being dishonest. If "only stats matter", then every single official FIFA international match should be referenced, like teammelli.com does. Wikipedia isn't good enough.

Even for a player, there are so many things which can't be stated from stats. Taremi has great stats, but even when he didn't, guys like CQ and Daei valued certain aspects of his game which are unquantifiable.

Statistics without context is absolutely meaningless:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...ch-in-football
                              http://www.thefalsenine.co.uk/2015/0...ll-statistics/
                              https://www.theguardian.com/football...iss-point-game

"People who reduce one of Zinedine Zidane's famous pirouettes to a statistic about completed dribbles don't deserve football"

------------------------------------

In summary, to those who keep obtusely repeating:

"Only stats matter" (especially whilst being dishonest in the choice of stats)

Wrong. This is football. A lot matters beyond stats. Maybe think about following a spreadsheet instead of an artistic sport. Perhaps the repetition will be appealing.

Comment

Judging by his posts (St_Mark), I don't think he has the best command of the English language given that it probably was not his first language, with my utmost respect. He obviously tries and puts effort, but sometimes I just don't understand what he is saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X