No announcement yet.

FIFA announces host cities for the North America 2026 World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife is from Monterrey, would be great if Iran would play there or even in Mexico city.

Mexico city is great to visit, lots to do and see.

Of course if anything is here in Cali we will totally dominate the stadium with fans
    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
      It's a shame the only good Canadian city (Montreal) withdrew their bid.
      I guess my next best best is to watch in toronto.
      They are smart. They learned their lesson from hosting 1976 Olympics where they practically went bankrupt. It took Montreal 3 decades to recover from that and toll was very high.

I don' think Toronto has any facility. They probably have to go on a spending spree to build suitable venues. It will cost that city a lot more than what they can generate from hosting a few games! Big economic mistake in my opinion.

Vancouver may be different as they probably have suitable facilities from hosting Olympics.

For Americans it would be a piece of cake to host.

Mexico would also benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
        They are smart. They learned their lesson from hosting 1976 Olympics where they practically went bankrupt. It took Montreal 3 decades to recover from that and toll was very high.

Toronto has no facility. They probably have to go on a spending spree to build suitable venues. It will cost the city a lot more than what they can generate from hosting a few games! Big economic mistake in my opinion.

Vancouver would be different as they already have suitable venues.
        That had a lot more to do with the Montreal Italian mafia than the actual olympics.

Comment

Hope we get some games in Los Angeles / San Francisco / Seattle / Vancouver

Toronto, Miami, & New York wouldn't be bad either

Realistically, we'll probably get all our games in Mexico lol

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

2026 wc will have 80 matches
            all the knock out stage matche are in usa.
            if we finish 2nd n group f 3teams
            TM PLAY A KNOCK OUT STAGE
            MATCH IN USA

that game if is n l.a
            demand for it will be 300k+ just
            from the persian crowed.

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
              What constitutes a "good" city? Culture, weather, things to do? I've never been to Canada.
              In this context I mean culture, affordability, nightlife, proximity to nature, transportation infrastructure.

IMO, it's just a more authentic city. Toronto and Vancouver just try to emulate major American cities, where as Montreal is its own thing. Half way between European and North American.
              Unbelievable food scene, trend setting in art, etc...

Comment

Good luck to TM if we qualify, political hijacking for our games will be a shit show.
                Anyways Toronto's BMO field is not a world cup stadium by any means. Either expansion on rebuild is needed for that.

Comment

Boston and San Francisco are the WORST options in the US.. Both of those stadiums are far away from the city center and middle of nowhere.

As far as Iran population, our fans will travel but my preference is LA, ATL, NYC, Toronto, Vancouver.
                  It's a shame that DC didn't get it since there's a good population there.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                    In this context I mean culture, affordability, nightlife, proximity to nature, transportation infrastructure.
                    IMO, it's just a more authentic city. Toronto and Vancouver just try to emulate major American cities, where as Montreal is its own thing. Half way between European and North American.
                    Unbelievable food scene, trend setting in art, etc...

Let's be honest, to the tourist crowd, certain clubs in Montreal are going to be more popular. Culture schmulture.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                      Boston and San Francisco are the WORST options in the US.. Both of those stadiums are far away from the city center and middle of nowhere.

As far as Iran population, our fans will travel but my preference is LA, ATL, NYC, Toronto, Vancouver.
                      Good. North America infrastructure is such that driving into a city for any concert, sports... is way too traffic intense.

Originally posted by soniq View Post
                      Good luck to TM if we qualify, political hijacking for our games will be a shit show.
                      Anyways Toronto's BMO field is not a world cup stadium by any means. Either expansion on rebuild is needed for that.
                      BMO's capacity is going to have to increase, not sure if temporary means will be allowed or not. It used to have an amazing view of the Toronto skyline before they expanded.
                      It's a pretty poor stadium to watch a game in honesty.

BC Place is an artificial turf stadium.
                      One of the worst sport cities in North America, but lovely views. Insanely expensive.

I'd rather they have given a game to the beautiful people of Edmonton.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post

DC didn't get it as their stadium was not sufficient. They then partnered with Baltimore to use the Oriole's stadium, but I think it just wasn't what FIFA was looking for as far as convenience, safety, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                          I won't mind a majority of these cities, I just hope we don't get a boring/crappy city like Kansas City, Houston or Dallas.
                          Houston is a very diverse city my friend if you have not been. GRRREAT FOOD, big Iranian population! 2 hours away from Austin, San Antonio, there is NASA, about an hour away from Galveston Beach. Fine ass looking women if you are single and wanna have a good time as good club/bar scene. Not too shabby if you are visiting. It don't beat west coast Cali, Washington, as far as nature and outdoor beauty but Texas has its own very unique vibe!
                          sigpicVIVA K8RIMI

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            DC didn't get it as their stadium was not sufficient. They then partnered with Baltimore to use the Oriole's stadium, but I think it just wasn't what FIFA was looking for as far as convenience, safety, etc.
                            They were gonna use the Ravens stadium which is a nice stadium, but Baltimore just isn't the best city compared to others on the list.
                            Surprised Denver didn't get selected.

Comment

I won't mind a majority of these cities, I just hope we don't get a boring/crappy city like Kansas City, Houston or Dallas.
                              KC is the BBQ capital if you're big into food and they have a nice stadium for games.
                              Dallas/Houston are both solid options. Houston is very diverse with large Iranian population.

Comment

Boring/crappy city?

LOL, inja raat nemidim!

Comment

Working...
                                X