No announcement yet.

Persian Gulf Pro League 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent discussion from the football 360 podcast as to why we had such a low scoring league last year.

- poor fields (I feel this is not a key issue as most of the fields are better than 10 years ago when we had more goals
    - conservative coaches
    - lack of playmaking midfielders
    - extremely physical league. The fellow from Metrica (football data company in Iran) made a really interesting point that when they compared the number of challenges in our league to Iraq’s , we had something like 30 % (or was it 3x) more challenges. He said based on stats we have one of, if not the most physical league in Asia.

It’s in Persian and you can listen here

https://football360.ir/post/20220810...ولیستها

Comment

goals without assists will explode as soon as we let women in to the stadiums. everybody will go on impress-mode no-pass only AK8 style ronaldinho dribble mode.
      you will se cb go on dribble raids in other teams penalty area, goalkeepers up trying to score at every corner.. also everybody will be walking around the pitch and itching their balls all the time..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJkDH54aC5I
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Yasin Salmani starting for Sepahan.
        "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Mehdi Ghayedi coming back to Esteghlal - official.

With the bone-headed move by Mohammad Mohebi to come to Esteghlal from Santa Clara - he may not even be preferred with Ghayedi coming back!
          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

That first half of Esteghlal V Sepahan was brutal to watch. I'll toss this up to the squad and players being new.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              Excellent discussion from the football 360 podcast as to why we had such a low scoring league last year.

- poor fields (I feel this is not a key issue as most of the fields are better than 10 years ago when we had more goals
              - conservative coaches
              - lack of playmaking midfielders
              - extremely physical league. The fellow from Metrica (football data company in Iran) made a really interesting point that when they compared the number of challenges in our league to Iraq’s , we had something like 30 % (or was it 3x) more challenges. He said based on stats we have one of, if not the most physical league in Asia.

It’s in Persian and you can listen here

https://football360.ir/post/20220810...ولیستها
              The problem is that we are trying to play a structure style of football which is more modern but we do not have the quality of fields to perform those tactics. Back in the day we had no structure and our plays were better suited for the conditions we had.
              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                Mehdi Ghayedi coming back to Esteghlal - official.

With the bone-headed move by Mohammad Mohebi to come to Esteghlal from Santa Clara - he may not even be preferred with Ghayedi coming back!
                TEHRANTO! Do you not know not know how to reply back??? You haven't been replying to any of my messages!

Comment

Esteghlal has conceded on 2 counters.
                  Salmani and Rezaeian the goal scorers.

Comment

Well that was embarassing. Haven’t seen us play this bad since Fekri days :/
                    We need to bounce back quickly.
                    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                      Well that was embarassing. Haven’t seen us play this bad since Fekri days :/
                      We need to bounce back quickly.
                      I was shocked at the result considering SS didn't lose a single game last year and added more talent...
                      I think it'll take a few games for all the attackers to get chemistry together before getting it going

Comment

i am guessing mohebi and kaveh rezaei did not even play, right? once they are settled in a front 3 of ghaedi, rezaei, mohebi will be lethal with shabazzadeh, babaei, motahari and even ramezani on the bench.

Comment

yasin and ramin played good
                          and scored goal in front of skocic.
                          IF THESE 2 CONTINUE
                          PLAYING LIKE THIS BOTH
                          SHOULD GET TM CALL UP
                          since our mf is missing a playmaker
                          and our rb sucks.
                          i hope skocic when he go to these
                          matches is not for food BUT
                          REALLY PAY ATTENTION AND HAVE
                          balls to invite good players.
                          these positions in my opinion
                          is up for startng line up grab.

goali
                          rb
                          lb
                          1 cb if pag shines
                          3 spots in the midfield

thats total of 7 spots.

set on stone starters
                          are kanani, jb,sardar and mehdi.

also sepahan coach if shines
                          CAN WE TAKE HIM TO TE WC
                          LOL..

Comment

Jurgen Lukadia former PSV, Bochum, Brighton join Persepolis. He is 28 and has a quite decent resume.
                            Seems like he is also buddy with JB. He congrats Lukadia on his page.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Skocic was in the stadium to watch SS/Sepahan and Zobahan/PP. I guess he were there to supervise his idols : Noorafkan, Sarlak, Kamynabinia and Rafiei

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                Skocic was in the stadium to watch SS/Sepahan and Zobahan/PP. I guess he were there to supervise his idols : Noorafkan, Sarlak, Kamynabinia and Rafiei
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X