• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
    another useless interview.
    Damn it

Comment

Should have kept it football and wc, now his interview is more like eveningshow on tv interviews with drama questions... pointless skokic neverending questions. good answers by cq but waste of an interview
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        Here's a preview of the CQ interview, which will be live broadcast on Youtube at 1pm PST today.

This show is fantastically produced and is very high caliber.

And so glad they allowed CQ's words to be heard directly, without an overlying interpreter voice (just the translation on the bottom crawl).
        so dissapointed when full episode was dubbed. that post made my hopes go up
        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

its dubbed sadly but at least very professionally done...

main interesting points from part 1:

- He was alerted of the possibility of managing iran, if a certain chain of events occured, by intermediaries some months ago. There were no negotiations or planning at that stage beyond a simple would you be interested if a certain chain of events occurs. CQ said yes, and ensured no other contact was to take place while Sko was coach.

- In 2014 and 2018 we used creative solutions to bridge the gap between us and our opponents. Since we had insufficient resources to scout the opposition in person, the coaching staff created detailed logs of all of their games, the players performances for both national and club team in leadup to wc (strength + weakness, hours of footage, etc), and we had CQs contacts help with in person scouting. For example Edu, now arsenal's football director and doing a great job, is great friends with CQ and scouted Argentina for us and provided detailed reports in 2014. It is so positive to have connections to relevant people in the footballing world again. He said we will need to call on more creative solutions, both from him+ coaching staff, players, and federation this time to be successful given the specifics of the situation.

- He does not believe in discussing excuses regarding lack of time, etc. He said these are excuses of losers and nobody wants to hear them. WE can still be successful but not miracles as some people here have suggested (fairies I think were mentioned) but only by hard work, detailed anaylsis, and creating a harmonious environment.

- Mentions ghayedi plays like a little version of messi but needs direction.

- WRT to questions about skocic firing be a "namardi", he explained situations in Real Madrid and South Africa (where he qualified them but they fired him and gave reasoning as his team selections were racist - he considered this a worse insult than being fired) that he disagreed with, but ultimately bosses made. He explained situations he has had to leave key members of the team home for WCs despite them being important in qualification. He said everything must be done with interests of team at heart, and that ultimately this decision was made by higher ups and he and the staff in combo with players need to prove why it was the right one.

- Said he expects nekounam issue to be resolved but it is a delicate situation. He said at some point everybody's personal gain should come after the greater good, ensuring the best for TM.

- in the small talk with adel at the start adel said he is ready for a callup if CQ needs a CF. CQ said we have too many CF, our issue is getting the ball to them...

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
            Should have kept it football and wc, now his interview is more like eveningshow on tv interviews with drama questions... pointless skokic neverending questions. good answers by cq but waste of an interview
            only part 1, rest I assume will be different topics. But if Adel didnt ask these questions people on other side would keep crying. CQ answers were flawless as usual

Comment

The only thing that I learned was that he was indeed fired from South African job and did not quit. I liked Adel big time. He asked tough question but did not argue about his answers... His question about posting that locker room video CQ posted and its timing was particularly good and CQ's answer was not very convincing to me. In one breath he says he does not want to do any contact while Skocic is the coach and then he goes and posts that locker room video...

Also, he kept says that no one wants to hear excuses, and then compares us to Boeing 737 and European teams to rocket ships... Where is Taremi's outrage now???

Oh well, I hope our players keep getting motivated by his speeches and we perform well in WC. Go TM.

Comment

That was a very well-conducted interview by Adel Ferdosipour, and Carlos Queiroz's answers were impeccable all throughout.

Cheshme hasood koor.

Comment

CQ sounds like a different man in a lot of ways honestly…sounds way less combative and way more diplomatic in his answers. I think the old CQ would have said something along the lines of “nekounam has to join TM bc TM is above all” but now he is saying “we respect foolad and we want to find a good solution for foolad, javad, and TM”…..that’s just one of a few examples where I’m seeing a different approach by him. I think and hope he has learned from some mistakes in the past in that department
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    CQ sounds like a different man in a lot of ways honestly…sounds way less combative and way more diplomatic in his answers. I think the old CQ would have said something along the lines of “nekounam has to join TM bc TM is above all” but now he is saying “we respect foolad and we want to find a good solution for foolad, javad, and TM”…..that’s just one of a few examples where I’m seeing a different approach by him. I think and hope he has learned from some mistakes in the past in that department
                    He sounds calm, relaxed and cooperative because he has been away from Iran for a few years... Give us a few months and we'll get under his skin.

Comment

Exactly what I noticed too

Comment

When will part 2 be released?

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Comment

Well that's probably because he isn't taking TM to WC but this time TM is taking him to WC [emoji6]

BTW kudos to Skocic for working with him and sharing progress of TM with CQ. He easily could have packed up and sulked but CQ mentioned they communicated and worked together to transition.
                          Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                            According to Yotube release will be in 2 hrs.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                            Yea they first release it on their app then they post it on their site and youtube and other social media networks.
                            Basically they want people to download their app. So thats why they do this.

Comment

hahah pretty sure most coaches are like that when they enter iran. I remember afshin ghotbi (probably the calmest guy i know), started getting aggressive after few months or so lol.

So give CQ a 2-3 months and IFF and other IR people will get some CQ fists.

Comment

That was so boring for me, hopefully part 2 is about players and friendlies

Comment

Working...
                                X