Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Canada - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (05.06.2022)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pouya View Post
    lol all I know is if Canada denies the Iranian team visa, how is that going to affect the fact that they are hosting a "world" cup in 2026? Will they be in a position to hold the 2026 WC as hosts considering that they are clearly mixing sports and politics. What is to stop them from denying visa to half the countries that will want to attend at the time? If they deny Iran visa now, what stops them from denying Iran visa in 2026?

Cancelling the game just doesn't make any sense.
    Very smart argument. IFF should pass on your argument to Canadian football federation and give them a solid reason to keep the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Arman2 View Post
      Look guys, these are the pictures that are circulating on the internet. Not a good a publicity for our players!! Why can't they just stay neutral?

Are you sure about the reliability of the source? I don't find anything like that on their Instagram page.

Comment

Originally posted by maly3648 View Post
        Are you sure about the reliability of the source? I don't find anything like that on their Instagram page.
        I can’t confirm or deny the authenticity of these, but always be aware of screenshots rather than direct link is to the source. Screenshots are notoriously susceptible to alteration.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
          I can’t confirm or deny the authenticity of these, but always be aware of screenshots rather than direct link is to the source. Screenshots are notoriously susceptible to alteration.
          A lot of these are IG stories and get automatically deleted after 24 hours.

Some Iranians are misinformed about terrorist Solemani at the time of his death. TM players shouldn't be held accountable to having a particular viewpoint about the butcher of Iran and Syria. I think many changed views since then.
          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

I honestly think the political pressures will not cancel the game. Don't sweat it guys, it's past that stage.

When will the TM list be released?
            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

With Kaananizadeh suspended (maybe IFF will forget to suspend him, which I hope they do) ... but if he is don't like Nooarfkan in there. I'd rather we test someone else in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                Very smart argument. IFF should pass on your argument to Canadian football federation and give them a solid reason to keep the game.
                Should go to Fifa. Then Canada risks losing hosting rights since they will decide the hosting cities in NA on June 15th...they have 3 cities vying for hosting.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by maly3648 View Post
                  Well not really. I hope they are fake.

Comment

Well not really. I hope they are fake.
                    I believe they are fake as international players like them, having high exposure won't take the risk of publishing things which can provoke controversy, even at their club level.

Unfortunately, those willing to damage Iran’s reputation are really ready to do everything possible to achieve their goals, even lying. That's so sad and unfortunate because "healthy" debate and controversies are needed about Iran.

Comment

Look guys, these are the pictures that are circulating on the internet. Not a good a publicity for our players!! Why can't they just stay neutral?

I'm not sure about the first 2 but I know for sure the Taremi one is made up.

Comment

Comment

The best thing Iran can do is to observe a minute of silence at the beginning of the game for the victims of air disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                            No. If Estillis safety can't be guaranteed why would they risk their own personal safety? Also what's your source?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                            Everyone will be safe. The reasons that Hamid Estili is in the spotlight is because of a lot of stupid shit he said in the past supporting regime elements. He shouldn't have said it. It was to kiss ass and get ahead (he doesn't have same profile as likes of Mahdavikia, Daei, Karimi etc.) but a lot of Iranian athletes don't say nothing about supporting IR like Hamid did. So he should have stayed quiet. In real life, he's not like that at all.

Daei and Karimi don't have such a past and are beloved in Iran. They didn't want to go for various reasons - Daei is out of Iranian football and is just doing amazing things in Iran helping people. Karimi also had a recent spat with an IR reporter who basically shredded to pieces on social media - not saying this is related, just for contrast purposes.

Comment

One more personal attack here and I will ban the user for minimum of 1 month. Try it!

Comment

Alphonso Davies is back - one of the best in the world when you consider dynamism, pace and skill.

He will test us big time. If we can hold him off - then that would be a great sign. Him and Jonathan David are great tests for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X