Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Canada - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (05.06.2022)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks,

Some of you are mixing up so many issues here. One wrong does not justify another. If Canada had a dark moment in its history that does not mean an airplane with hundreds of our country men and women on board can be so brutaly shut down by this terrorist akhound regime and no one can say anything. Put yourself in the shoes of those who lost not one but their entire family. The difference between Canada and IR is that the former has publically recognized its mistake and apologized but the latter is defiant for killing innocent people and has never expressed regret for the wrong. There is no question that IR is criminal.

I also recognize that this game of football is so close to our hearts ..perhaps for many of us this is the only thing that injects a sense of national pride and still keeps us connected with the old country. But let us not sacrifice our humanity for 90 min of football.

If this game is cancelled which I believe it will be ..we should not be too sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
      Folks,

Some of you are mixing up so many issues here. One wrong does not justify another. If Canada had a dark moment in its history that does not mean an airplane with hundreds of our country men and women on board can be so brutaly shut down by this terrorist akhound regime and no one can say anything. Put yourself in the shoes of those who lost not one but their entire family. The difference between Canada and IR is that the former has publically recognized its mistake and apologized but the latter is defiant for killing innocent people and has never expressed regret for the wrong. There is no question that IR is criminal.

I also recognize that this game of football is so close to our hearts ..perhaps for many of us this is the only thing that injects a sense of national pride and still keeps us connected with the old country. But let us not sacrifice our humanity for 90 min of football.

If this game is cancelled which I believe it will be ..we should not be too sad.
      Kavian, you are right but where do we draw the line ?

Shouldn’t we ban and cancel games of many countries around the world?

Nothing can help heal the pain of those who lost their loved ones that night - cancelling a football match certainly won’t.

Comment

Folks,
        Agreed with everything but the last part. For many of us, Team Melli is one of the last remaining links to our land. The players do not deserve this embarrassing spotlight and neither do Iranians in general. This will also not bring justice to the poor victims of PS752.

F IR!
        "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Folks,
          Some of you are mixing up so many issues here. One wrong does not justify another. If Canada had a dark moment in its history that does not mean an airplane with hundreds of our country men and women on board can be so brutaly shut down by this terrorist akhound regime and no one can say anything.
          lol, where did I ever say one wrong justifies the other. I'm saying the opposite, that if family pain (rightly or wrongly) can stop a football match, then let's put everyone's family pain on the table, without prejudice or favoritism. As stated in the NYT article in my previous post, the torture and killing of natives by Canada is still being felt by their families and decendents and just coming to the forefront for most Canadians:

"For many Canadians and for people around the world, these recent recoveries of our children — buried nameless, unmarked, lost and without ceremony are shocking, and unbelievable,” said RoseAnne Archibald, the national chief of the Assembly of First Nations, the country’s largest Indigenous organization, in a July media release. “Not for us, we’ve always known,.”

Comment

Folks,

I am one of the few people who lost a family member in an airline downing. But my family member was killed over the Persian Gulf. Not only was the commander in charge of the the Vincennes not held accountable he was awarded a medal for his service.

Fair is fair...we are not confusing issues mate but highlighting the double standard and overt hypocrisy. Keeping sports and politics separate applies for the select few it seems...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              I am one of the few people who lost a family member in an airline downing. But my family member was killed over the Persian Gulf. Not only was the commander in charge of the the Vincennes not held accountable he was awarded a medal for his service.

Fair is fair...we are not confusing issues mate but highlighting the double standard and overt hypocrisy. Keeping sports and politics separate applies for the select few it seems...

wow sorry to read this, may your relative R.I.P.
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                lol, where did I ever say one wrong justifies the other. I'm saying the opposite, that if family pain (rightly or wrongly) can stop a football match, then let's put everyone's family pain on the table, without prejudice or favoritism. As stated in the NYT article in my previous post, the torture and killing of natives by Canada is still being felt by their families and decendents and just coming to the forefront for most Canadians:

"For many Canadians and for people around the world, these recent recoveries of our children — buried nameless, unmarked, lost and without ceremony are shocking, and unbelievable,” said RoseAnne Archibald, the national chief of the Assembly of First Nations, the country’s largest Indigenous organization, in a July media release. “Not for us, we’ve always known,.”
                What goal gets achieved by asking everyone to care about everyone equally?

I'm Iranian its natural I will care about Iranians more than others already as a priority. I don't think belittling the way these people feel about their lost ones by talking about Palestinians or Natives really would change their tone.

Can anyone argue why we should care more about Ukrainians, Palestinians over religiously persecuted Bahais or Afghans in IranShould our first reaction be to talk about how blacks are treated in the US?

We'll never advance as a country if we don't talk about our problems openly. This culture of being hushed about our issues just to not ruffle IR feathers and to be proud of past achievements is really holding us back.

I could care less what hypocritical politicians in Canada do They will do or say anything for points. Understanding where the Iranians who are against the friendly are coming from(however misguided their approach) is the least people can do.

Anyway, I hope the friendly goes on and we get good prep, and I hope the people responsible for the plane going down meet their maker

Comment

At this point, IFF should just cancel the game and focus on organizing another friendly. Maybe schedule the Ecuador and Senegal games that there are talks about. TM and our players do not need this political drama.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                    At this point, IFF should just cancel the game and focus on organizing another friendly. Maybe schedule the Ecuador and Senegal games that there are talks about. TM and our players do not need this political drama.
                    HELL NO! It would be wonderful if it's the Iranian team who cancels cancel culture. Fuck cancel culture!

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                      What goal gets achieved by asking everyone to care about everyone equally?
                      I stopped reading your post after this comment. It's the same mentality people have used for centuries to alienate/discriminate/torture/kill "others", including Iranians. I think it speaks for itself. smh.

Comment

I stopped reading your post after this comment. It's the same mentality people have used for centuries to alienate/discriminate/torture/kill "others", including Iranians. I think it speaks for itself. smh.
                        Thats fine, I went too strong in the first line. What I mean in
                        In this setting, does pointing out every crime in humanity achieve anything? I admit my post was poorly worded, I'm just saying all this talk of crimes in other countries won't change the Canadian governments mind as they'll dodge it themselves. Its a waste of energy.
                        Right now the focus is this issue that is being talked about and what about ism only really makes points on social media not in real life

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                          Thats fine, I went too strong in the first line. What I mean in
                          In this setting, does pointing out every crime in humanity achieve anything? I admit my post was poorly worded, I'm just saying all this talk of crimes in other countries won't change the Canadian governments mind as they'll dodge it themselves. Its a waste of energy.
                          Right now the focus is this issue that is being talked about and what about ism only really makes points on social media not in real life
                          I guess a concern I have is if we don't highlight the double standard where does it stop? Don't be surprised if TM players are sanctioned next for representing Iran. They are banned from international teams...I mean this could happen if we just stay quiet. People are already asking for TM staff to be arrested etc...we need to make it clear we won't stand for the mixing of politics and sport. Look at what's going on with Russia. Athletes are banned from competitions clubs are banned, they lost the chance to be in WC...even with some of their athletes speaking against the war...

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post

with all due respect ozone jan, you are not on clubhouse getting your ego stroked and producing verbal diarreah so the death of your family member in the airline downing perpetrated by the US military doesnt count.

/s.

Comment

By the way, what is clubhouse? Either I’m technologically becoming a dinosaur or it’s so fringe that I’ve never heard of it.

Comment

By the way, what is clubhouse? Either I’m technologically becoming a dinosaur or it’s so fringe that I’ve never heard of it.
                                Its basically an audio chat room app.

Comment

Working...
                                X