Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farhad21 View Post
    should be an easy win
    Definitely not easy. This Canada team finished qualification at the top of Concacaf. They’ve beaten both the USA and Mexico. It’s a great test for TM

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad21 View Post
      should be an easy win
      Not gonna be easy my friend. Both topped their groups in WC qualification.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        Good advice since you do not know an iota of my own personal story. Also not sure who you are referring to as my comment was a general one about sports and politics.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
        The protests will be led by Hamed Esmaeelion, whose wife and daughter were, at best, used as human shields and killed on Ukranian Flight 752 (at worst this was an intentional downing by IR). He lost everything in his life that day, so for me to say what he should or should not do to protest would be wrong. As I said, myself, I hold TM and IR to be separate, but I empathize with him (ham dardi) as well.
        زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post
          The protests will be led by Hamed Esmaeelion, whose wife and daughter were, at best, used as human shields and killed on Ukranian Flight 752 (at worst this was an intentional downing by IR). He lost everything in his life that day, so for me to say what he should or should not do to protest would be wrong. As I said, myself, I hold TM and IR to be separate, but I empathize with him (ham dardi) as well.
          You are discussing a specific organizer...I'm speaking in general. Your second statement is making the same general point as I am. Anyways we are getting off thread topic.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Team Melli (the people's team) was around before IR and will be there long after IR. Don't ruin this experience for those of us who want to support our hamvatans in their sport *despite* the hardships and circus imposed by IR and IFF. Come and support our boys and enjoy the match.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
              It says Iran is trying to organize another friendly there? Which other teams can they organize a friendly with?
              I've heard Ecuador potentially, or maybe some CONCACAF team

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                Team Melli (the people's team) was around before IR and will be there long after IR. Don't ruin this experience for those of us who want to support our hamvatans in their sport *despite* the hardships and circus imposed by IR and IFF. Come and support our boys and enjoy the match.
                The Iranian community is fractious because of IR - causing deep pain, anger and trauma. But Team Melli is something that should have a unifying us. Our boys detest IR.

Let's go TM!
                "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Albania-Iran friendly likely to be played in Toronto.

Comment

Barring a glitch on ticket master website Saturday morning, I’ll be there at the match!

Comment

Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post
                      bozghaleh jan, I get what you're saying. Esmaeelion's case is heartbreaking and I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.
                      Plus I don't think he'll be protesting against TM, rather the regime.

Comment

Albania is free bc their scheduled match with russia is cancelled for obvious reasons. This would be a good test especially in terms of physicality for our boys - one of the keys to any success we will have in this group vs 3 highly physical sides. Their back 5 and midfield is almost all serie A players, including for some of the top sides. I would say they are on a very similar level in terms of pure talent to wales and scotland, with even stronger CB options. They lack a star like Bale but have other physically strong CFs who can really put pressure on our back line the way asian sides cannot.

Ecuador was also mentioned in Iranian medias. I dont really think their playing style correlates strongly with any teams we will face in group stage, but they are a strong side and maybe one of the surprise packages at this WC (although difficult group with Holland and Senegal). Lot of very young, high energy players playing in europe. From a central midfield perspective guys they have some dynamic players who will run box to box with high intensity for 90 mins incl brighton young star caicedo. In that sense there are parallels to the strong central midfield unit of the US (Adams, Mckinnie).

Playing either in Canada would be a solid option and if we get one more prep game in June in Qatar I would say after all the complaining, at least in terms of friendly matches, IFF delivered acceptable results for JUNE window. Next challenge will be finding proper prep opponent for England match and filling the subsequent FIFA days. Croatia and Turkey are two attainable higher class options.

Comment

Wish they'd release the kickoff time before Saturday for those of us booking flights & hotels

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Great friendly. But who the hell decided to hold it at 4 PM in June ??

Way too early I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                              Wish they'd release the kickoff time before Saturday for those of us booking flights & hotels
                              it is released. 4pm local time

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                it is released. 4pm local time
                                Thanks. Yeah it seems kickoff is at 4 pm PT

https://canpl.ca/article/canmnt-to-p...uvers-bc-place

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Working...
                                X