This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    What do you think about the silence from beiro, gholi and Taremi at the airport? Something is very clearly going on, we have the background with Taremi and Skocic already. I’m going to try my best to find out from some TM vets I will be seeing in the coming weeks to find out…..I don’t trust what they say in the public to the media is actually a reflection of how they feel, I think guys like azmoun and ebrahimi are saying that to avoid hashieh with the coach.
    Azmoun has a good relationship with Skocic, I am pretty sure of that.

Comment

Thank you Farzadfarhangni jaan. This is better than sarcasm yet I keep a friendly tone and I would appreciate the same. We could agree to disagree.

I promise to not use sarcasm as long as we stick to the original point. Let me remind you what the original point was. You blamed Skocic for losing the chance to play New Zealand and I asked you if you would have not picked the Canada camp with a couple of game over a Doha camp with New Zealand. You brought up that Ecuador was a pie in the sky. It was certainly less of a pie in the sky than New Zealand. It was far more advanced than the New Zealand game. Imagine Skocic not taking Canada opportunity for a potential New Zealand game that may or may not have happened in Qatar. What would you have said then?

1) Estili jumped the gun on announcing the Ecuador game before they signed the contract and prior to securing a venue. I even posted back then that I am crossing my fingers and I am willing to go to Toronto to watch the game if it happens. Others suggested that they should try Mexico as a location for the Ecuador game. Of course none of that happened. The whole thing fell through before the cancelation of the Canada game.

They were about to sign a contract for Toronto and then last second, they pulled the venue because of political situation. So yes, it got cancelled before the Canada game. They were both gonna happen had the political situation not surfaced. The game that did not have a signed contract fell through first as expected and eventually, Canada decided that pressure is so much that they are willing to not even honor the game with a signed contract.

The point is the decision point where Skocic decided Canada Camp over Doha with New Zealand was way before all this and I hope you would be honest enough to say that you would have made the same decision. How can he be blamed for that decision?

2) Within a few days of the announcement of Canada game, their head of government, Trudeau, said that he did not understand why their federation made that decision and he was against it. From that point on it was clear that the situation was very volatile.

Yes, and they had a plan B and they executed it. Go to the only other place on earth where it did not cost IFF money and hold a camp, and work like hell to get a couple of friendlies. But again, you are blaming Skocic for his plan A of choosing Canada over plan A being Qatar and New Zealand. You can feel plan B was dog poop but we are talking about plan A.

3) Plan B is that you always have another plan in case your plan A fails. So, you start planning and talking to other federations when you know the situation is volatile. Unfortunately with Estili lacking basic worldly skills like speaking fluent English and lacking basic managerial skills like how to plan anything, that did not happen. Rest of the IFF "leadership" has also been concerned about their own positions and internal politics. I have given both IFF and Skocic the benefit of the doubt yet the writing is on the wall. IFF is corrupt and Skocic is out of his league and has failed to step up. Starting back in January when we qualified, he should have publicly demanded support and planning for the WC to put pressure on IFF and the government. His player selection (calling up Hajsafi, playing Noorafkan out of position, etc.) and communication skills are so sub par that TM ended up with an embarrassing display against Algeria. Here is a clip of Estili after cancelation of the Canada match. Around minute 3, the TV anchor asks him about plan B and he is clueless. Also near the end he again plays the victim act of IR (zolm o mazloom) in terms of what Canadian federation did that I agree was unprofessional the least. Yet, instead of playing victim, why didn't you have a replacement plan (i.e. plan B) from the beginning? https://video.varzesh3.com/video/252...A7%D8%AF%D8%A7

Again, I don't know why you are bringing up Plan B. You blamed Skocic for losing the New Zealand game. New Zealand was only possible as Plan A. By the time we were ready to execute our plan B, New Zealand's schedule was fully booked. Remember, since we had a signed agreement with Canada, we could not sign definitive agreements with other countries until Canada "officially" cancelled the game and violated the contract.

Also, in my last post, I explained how no country is willing to be "Plan B" for any other country. You can't ask a country to not plan any games and be ready in case my plan A fails, then fly at your own cost to where I tell you and play me. You did not explain how plan B works before your plan A has failed.

And again, Skocic's player selection, etc etc... has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Specifically, losing the New Zealand game.

4) Estili said on TV that New Zealand wanted to play in Iran in Qatar but Skocic was against it. They opted for Oman instead. See the last 5 seconds of this Varzesh3 video from the horses mouth. https://video.varzesh3.com/video/252...B4%D9%88%D8%AF

Are you being sincere here. This is when Canada had not cancelled the game yet and they were about to go to Turkey and get visas for the game. By this time, New Zealand's schedule was full. The reporter asks are you still talking to New Zealand about a game and he said "no longer. We did speak to them before but Mr. Skocic said no to New Zealand (in favor of Canada)" We all know that Skocic picked Canada camp over Doha camp and New Zealand. But New Zealand was never available as plan B.

Go TM

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        Azmoun has a good relationship with Skocic, I am pretty sure of that.
        He does and I think that’s the sole reason why he backs him, bc Skocic made an effort to get to build relationships with his players which is something I always respected about him. I believe it stops and ends there…..I’ll be sure to update you all when I find out more.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          saying a coach has a contract until asian cup doesnt mean jack shit frankly. As far as weve been told his termination clause is something akin to a few iphones
          Look, anything an official says in Iran is worth jack shit. And big termination clauses have not stopped this federation from firing coaches either. So firing of Skocic can occur at any minute...minus the iPhone's.

The point is that the only pretext for removing him would have be a poor showing (like Ivic and Roma episode). Algeria was Skocics worst showing but the federation is sticking with him. Next chance of a poor show is in September...next FIFA day. And that is way too close to WC. If they wanted to get rid of him, this was the most viable opportunity.

It is clear as day that unless Skocic shows up drunk, slaps Khamenei or commits adultery with some officials namoos, we are going to WC with him.

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
            Look, anything an official says in Iran is worth jack shit. And big termination clauses have not stopped this federation from firing coaches either. So firing of Skocic can occur at any minute...minus the iPhone's.

The point is that the only pretext for removing him would have be a poor showing (like Ivic and Roma episode). Algeria was Skocics worst showing but the federation is sticking with him. Next chance of a poor show is in September...next FIFA day. And that is way too close to WC. If they wanted to get rid of him, this was the most viable opportunity.

It is clear as day that unless Skocic shows up drunk, slaps Khamenei or commits adultery with some officials namoos, we are going to WC with him.
            It is also possible that if a world class coach, such as CQ, comes and offers his services for free, then IFF may give a couple of used Iphone 7's to Skocic and bring in CQ. Lets see how much CQ loves our country...

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post

Holier thanthou

Majedi & Sajjadi met privately with Senior TM players before Qatar camp and at the end of Qatar Camp.
              Players did not request for CQ or a Coach change.

Comment

What do you think about the silence from beiro, gholi and Taremi at the airport? Something is very clearly going on, we have the background with Taremi and Skocic already. I’m going to try my best to find out from some TM vets I will be seeing in the coming weeks to find out…..I don’t trust what they say in the public to the media is actually a reflection of how they feel, I think guys like azmoun and ebrahimi are saying that to avoid hashieh with the coach.
                Dara jan they nominated one player (ehsan hajsafi) to talk on behalf of team melli. ofc no one is happy about the preps, both azmoun and taremi spoke about it before and during the camp.

Watch the videos again, they say they have nominated one player to talk about the issue. One thing for sure its not Skocic, even mehdi says " aghay skocic migeh berin harf bezanid" at the start of the video.

I just want peace in team melli all this who will be next coach at this time is wrong. Skocic will stay for WC so the media should calm things that so team melli staff can concentrate!

Comment

On Misaghi's show, Azmoun is saying the problems are not with Skocic. It is the federation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    On Misaghi's show, Azmoun is saying the problems are not with Skocic. It is the federation.
                    Why would he say on TV that the problems are with Skocic?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                      Skocic banned Mehdi Taremi during the WCQs because of a subliminal tweet that was against most likely the federation/regime and Skocic banned him. No one will openly say anything bad about Skocic. They want to play in the World Cup.

He's an insecure (and incompetent) coach on a power trip - a dangerous type. Look at how aggravated he was in the airport. Cannot even hold himself to account.
                      "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                        He wouldn't say it so positively. Let's put it that way.

Comment

Guys did all those interviews misaghi did with TM players drop online somewhere? If anyone has the links to the interviews plz share
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Guys did all those interviews misaghi did with TM players drop online somewhere? If anyone has the links to the interviews plz share
                            Here bro. all videos are on varzesh3.com

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/253...82%D8%B7%D8%B1

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                              Skocic banned Mehdi Taremi during the WCQs because of a subliminal tweet that was against most likely the federation/regime and Skocic banned him. No one will openly say anything bad about Skocic. They want to play in the World Cup.

He's an insecure (and incompetent) coach on a power trip - a dangerous type. Look at how aggravated he was in the airport. Cannot even hold himself to account.
                              What concerns me about Skocic is his insecurities. Not only he was aggravated in the airport, but his statement that he is the same person who qualified us to the WC as a response to why we played poorly speaks volume about his mentality.

Comment

Beyranvand unveiled TM plans inadvertantly.
                                Won't be surprised if TM plans fall apart thanks to our online human rights warriors.
                                TM is to go to Austria in September and be part of a 4 team tournament that Qatar is probably organizing.
                                Let's wait and see.

Comment

Working...
                                X