Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of the best Team Melli ever, 3rd consecutive World Cup appearance and unfortunately some Iranian-born individuals such as Masih Alinejad, Sardar Pashaei (Head of United for Navid) and organizations such as Openstadiums and United for Navid, as well as some hypocrite non-Iranians (a former Socceroo (Australian), some Italians and others whether foreign politicians, separatist groups, human rights organizations, etc) are all asking for banning Team Melli from the World Cup. Azzuri's backers have been trying to get Team Melli's World Cup spot ever since they failed to qualify for the event, their reason is that Italy is the highest FIFA ranked national team who missed out [this is strange because so many other teams got knocked out in playoffs either Interconfederation or in their confederation such as Peru, New Zealand, Ukraine, Sweden, North Macedonia, UAE].

Team Melli management, Team Melli players, Team Melli supporters should seriously do something before it is too late.

Banning Team Melli would be absolute kick in the gut and very devastating. Such ban does nothing for gender equality, human rights, women's rights, change in regime, etc.

Top of all that, Sayyadmanesh missed out because of injury, now there is news about Azmoun injury, and well some footballers such as Kaveh Rezaei and few others arrested perhaps won't be in Team Melli.

Honestly, I strongly oppose ban on sport federations, sport teams because of non-sport related issues. For instance it was an appalling decision to ban Russia from the World Cup and Nations League. There are double standards when FIFA and IOC ban based on political reasons or non-sport related issues.

If Team Melli gets banned from the World Cup, I know that I won't watch next month's World Cup, for me World Cup without Team Melli will be meaningless. Who knows I might even give up on all other sporting events be it World Cup or Olympics, etc. It has been many years that I already stopped watching club football and reduced watching other sport events. For me World Cup, Olympic Games, AFC Asian Cup are the only competitions that I have been watching ever since I stopped club football.

I don't know about how other forum members would react if Team Melli gets banned.

Comment

I strongly appeal to all Iran-born individuals and organizations to seriously give up on their call for ban on Team Melli.

There are so many things Team Melli players can do in the World Cup to show solidarity with disgruntled Iran-born individuals, Iranian organizations who are asking for ban on Team Melli.

For Example:

1. Team Melli can agree with World Cup match organizers that they will play every match without the need to stand for national anthem.

2. Team Melli can go to the World Cup with All-White (Home), All-Black (Away) jerseys. So All-Black will replace the usual All-Red. They can just put Iran on the jersey instead of Federation logo or just put a circle (having plain Green, White, Red).

3. Team Melli can ask to wear black arm bands or wrist bands in every match.

I emphasize again that banning Team Melli from World Cup is abuse of human rights itself, these boys worked very hard to qualify. It would be an unjust and unsportmanship decision to ban them from World Cup. These players should not be held accountable for what is happening in Iran, majority of them already showed their support towards women's rights, human rights in Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooyintan View Post
        I strongly appeal to all Iran-born individuals and organizations to seriously give up on their call for ban on Team Melli.

There are so many things Team Melli players can do in the World Cup to show solidarity with disgruntled Iran-born individuals, Iranian organizations who are asking for ban on Team Melli.

For Example:

1. Team Melli can agree with World Cup match organizers that they will play every match without the need to stand for national anthem.

2. Team Melli can go to the World Cup with All-White (Home), All-Black (Away) jerseys. So All-Black will replace the usual All-Red. They can just put Iran on the jersey instead of Federation logo or just put a circle (having plain Green, White, Red).

3. Team Melli can ask to wear black arm bands or wrist bands in every match.

I emphasize again that banning Team Melli from World Cup is abuse of human rights itself, these boys worked very hard to qualify. It would be an unjust and unsportmanship decision to ban them from World Cup. These players should not be held accountable for what is happening in Iran, majority of them already showed their support towards women's rights, human rights in Iran.
        Great suggestions.

Bring back these jerseys:

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
          Can you tell me what teams US has defeated to be consistently ranked in the top 15 year after year?? They did not even qualify to the last WC, yet they stayed in the top 15. If that is not bias then I don't know what is.
          Check out ELO rankings. They are lower than us there. Different formula used than Fifa.

http://eloratings.net/

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
            ^ Well whatever formula it is based on it has definitely always benefited the US since they never seem to drop drastically no matter what.
            Again I repeat: They failed to qualify for the last WC yet they still remained in the top 15 or so: If Iran had failed to qualify you can be sure our ranking would have dropped considerably, as it did after failing to qualify for 2010.
            Once again, it's based on a formula that cannot possibly have bias in it towards one team lolll.

It's all numbers, and that's it.

Perhaps the reason why US didn't drop much (if that was the case) is possibly because the teams close behind them didn't acquire enough points to catch up. They were likely quite far ahead on points for rankings and other teams didn't catch up.

Comment

The US is highly ranked because they basically went 20 years dominating CONCACAF and performing pretty well against bigger teams. It didn't mean they're the greatest team, but they knew how to play the system. CQ is good at figuring that out as well.

Comment

TM evaluation invitation list

اسامی بازیکنان به این شرح است:
                دروازه بان:
                علیرضا بیرانوند، سید حسین حسینی، پیام نیازمند
                مدافعان
                رامین رضاییان، امید نورافکن، مرتضی پورعلی گنجی، سامان فلاح، ابوالفضل جلالی، آرمین سهرابیان

بازیکنان میانی
                مهدی مهدی پور، روزبه چشمی، میلاد سرلک، وحید امیری، محمد خدابنده لو
                مهاجمان
                محمد محبی، مهدی ترابی

برنامه تمرینی تیم ملی در این دوره ارزیابی فنی:شنبه ١۶ مهرتمرین در پک ) ساعت ١٧یکشنبه ١٧ مهرتمرین در پک ساعت ١٠
                تمرین در پک ساعت ١٧
                دوشنبه ١٨ مهرتمرین در پک ساعت ١٠ و ترخیص بازیکنان
                1 Paykan CB Saman Fallah 21 4 25
                2 Golgohar DM Mohammad Khodabandelo 23 1 0
                3 Esteghlal FW Mohammad Mohhebi 23 9 17
                4 Esteghlal LB Abolfazl Jalali 24 3 11
                5 Sepahan LB Omid Noorafkan 25 5 28
                6 Esteghlal MF Mehdi Mehdipour 27 11 12
                7 Golgohar CB Armin Sohrabian 27 2 11
                8 Sepahan GK Payam Niazmand 27 5 1
                9 Persepolis DM Milad Sarlak 27 6 11
                10 Persepolis LW Mehdi Torabi 28 0 27
                11 Esteghlal DM Rouzbeh Cheshmi 29 3 13
                12 Persepolis GK Alireza Beiranvand 30 0 16
                13 Esteghlal GK Seyed Hossein Hosseini 30 3 7
                14 Persepolis CB Murteza Pouralighanji 30 5 18
                15 Sepahan EB Ramin Rezaeian 32 6 16
                16 Persepolis LW Vahid Amiri 34 6 5
                Last edited by St_Mark; 10-07-2022, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

دروازه بان:
                  مدافعان
                  رامین رضاییان، امید نورافکن، مرتضی پورعلی گنجی، سامان فلاح، ابوالفضل جلالی، آرمین سهرابیان

بازیکنان میانی
                  مهاجمان
                  محمد محبی، مهدی ترابی

برنامه تمرینی تیم ملی در این دوره ارزیابی فنی:شنبه ١۶ مهرتمرین در پک ) ساعت ١٧یکشنبه ١٧ مهرتمرین در پک ساعت ١٠
                  تمرین در پک ساعت ١٧
                  Torabi and Amiri ..... why is not those two monkeys on the streets and fighting for their beloved I.R against collapse.

Sorry but these two, i cant stand them anymore, i really wonder what the rest of the team thinks about these two I.R filths

Comment

Originally posted by Artaxerxes View Post
                    Torabi and Amiri ..... why is not those two monkeys on the streets and fighting for their beloved I.R against collapse.

Sorry but these two, i cant stand them anymore, i really wonder what the rest of the team thinks about these two I.R filths
                    No salmani too.

Comment

دروازه بان:
                      مدافعان

بازیکنان میانی
                      مهاجمان
                      محمد محبی، مهدی ترابی

تمرین در پک ساعت ١٧
                      Seems like Ghaedi lost his spot.

Comment

No Aghasi makes sense bc travel time from ahvaz to tehran every weekend defeats the whole purpose of these special recovery sessions.

Besides that no yasin is ofc notable, but he hasnt started either of sepahan's last two games.

This list is still subject to additions and subtractions as we progress through weeks leading up to WC.

Happy to see KHodabandelou, in great form, young player with a lot of different qualities as CM. He is strong physically, very mobile, solid defensively (Remember him really giving good account of himself vs Son in Asian games, that game he played LB). He is also a great presser and has added goals and assists to his game.

Besides that its as you would expect. Ghayedi obviously not at level required for international opposition yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          Seems like Ghaedi lost his spot.
                          If a player lacks defensive skills and abilities, they have very little chance in CQ's system. He is only considering the UK, USA, and Wales matches, and It's unlikely that Ghaedi will fit into his defensive scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                            No salmani too.
                            While Salmani is no longer the starter, Mohammad Ghorbani, a U21 player, has started and performed well thus far.

The transition from Nasajji to Sepahan has so far been great for Ghorbani.

Comment

While Salmani is no longer the starter, Mohammad Ghorbani, a U21 player, has started and performed well thus far.

The transition from Nasajji to Sepahan has so far been great for Ghorbani.
                              he is a defender or defensive mid right?

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                he is a defender or defensive mid right?

Today's game and last match vs Havadar.This used to be Farshad Ahmadzadeh spot
                                Last edited by St_Mark; 10-07-2022, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X