This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comments of Marijo Tot published in Euro press regarding his (and Skocic') dismissal

'Well, two weeks have already passed, but we still can't sort out the impressions. All this hit us hard, because we invested so much effort, energy and knowledge. Helped them in a rather hopeless situation, when many had already crossed them. And we managed to take them to the World Cup, and as a reward we got fired"

'Yes, they stated that the problem was indiscipline. But I ask anyone who has worked in football, or in any sport, how could we get such a homogenous team with indiscipline, which recorded 15 wins, two draws and one loss in 18 games when we had already secured an appearance at the World Cup. that is, in a completely unimportant match. These are banal reasons.'

'As we can see, they can do everything. We have a contract until June 2023, that is, we have secured Iran's appearance at the Asian Games, which is the equivalent of the European Championship. So the Portuguese Carlos Queiroz will have a comfortable situation after others have done the work for him. The hardest part.'

'It is ongoing, we are in the process of coming to terms. Actually, this is a bizarre situation, we are very disappointed. We can only imagine what it was like for Vahi (op.a., Halilhodžić), to whom it happened three times. However, this is modern football, coaches are expendable goods, they work with a lot of stress and under a lot of pressure, and a lot of things do not depend only on them, that is, on us. And we simply have to accept that.'

"Everything is still fresh, we just parted ways, but we will settle scores with Iran." But these results of ours will open many doors for us, because this success resonated not only in Asia, but also in Europe. I repeat, there remains a great regret, because we came with a great ambition to take Iran to the World Cup, all of us with Skočić at the head, in the end we achieved that and deserved it with hard work and great will, but now we didn't get the chance. They took away our dream. Because opportunities like this don't come around many times in life. Honestly, I've already experienced some big disappointments, so it didn't 'set me back' that much, but Skočić is very disappointed, this was a hard blow for him. But life goes on', concluded Tot, adding that he went to look for peace by our beautiful sea.

https://www.tportal.hr/sport/clanak/...nalni-20220921

Comment

^ They seem very butthurt. Oh, get over it already you snowflakes! Queiroz qualified South Africa to the World Cup and didn't coach them because he got accused of racism in his team's selections!

Comment

“Settle score with Iran”

Does he mean lawsuit or coaching iraq and trying to spoil Iran dreams in 2026? Either way, I completely understand him. They helped us in a bad situation and didn’t get a chance to impress on the big stage. I think in the end of the day, our best result was 3-0 vs iraq and 3-0 vs Bahrain, and after seeing the way we played vs Korea (meaningless or not, CQ drew Korea 0-0 down a man when it was a must win for Korea). Simply not good enough to help Iran at WC but we r forever indebted

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
            “Settle score with Iran”

Does he mean lawsuit or coaching iraq and trying to spoil Iran dreams in 2026? Either way, I completely understand him. They helped us in a bad situation and didn’t get a chance to impress on the big stage. I think in the end of the day, our best result was 3-0 vs iraq and 3-0 vs Bahrain, and after seeing the way we played vs Korea (meaningless or not, CQ drew Korea 0-0 down a man when it was a must win for Korea). Simply not good enough to help Iran at WC but we r forever indebted
            I think it really means financial accounts. They haven't been paid yet, plus they apparently were promised some of the WC money in their contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              I think it really means financial accounts. They haven't been paid yet, plus they apparently were promised some of the WC money in their contracts.
              Correct. Tot's answer was in response to this question:

"We know that it is too early to talk about new business engagements, but would you accept a job in that environment, that is, in that part of the world?"

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                تصفیه حساب

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  "Everything is still fresh, we just parted ways, but we will settle scores with Iran."
                  Wilmots 2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                    Wilmots 2.0?
                    Wilmots will forever hold the record for the largest open-air robbery of a football federation through legal means.

Skocic, Tot, et al' total contract salary combined will never reach that pinnacle.

Comment

REAL TALK Ali Karimi got some legit balls to speak out against the government and put a video with the Shah in it.
                      I always am proud of his bravery and how outspoken he is. True bravery and hero of the people.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                        REAL TALK Ali Karimi got some legit balls to speak out against the government and put a video with the Shah in it.
                        I always am proud of his bravery and how outspoken he is. True bravery and hero of the people.
                        Ali Karimi and Ali Daei got banned from being on TV!

Dameshoon garm. Mehdi Mahdavikia has spoken out as have countless celebrities. The discontent and camaraderie against the regime are at an all-time high. It's amazing to see.

I fear so much for the protestors though - the ones that got caught
                        "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Could it be that we get the Shah and Queiroz back in only 1 month?

Comment

Could it be that we get the Shah and Queiroz back in only 1 month?
                            The only king I want in Iran is CQ. I, for one, am done with monarchy and IR. Democracy or bust.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                              The only king I want in Iran is CQ. I, for one, am done with monarchy and IR. Democracy or bust.
                              Constitutional monarchy ain't bad. Might work for Iran. But yeah, democracy or bust.
                              "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

^ They seem very butthurt. Oh, get over it already you snowflakes! Queiroz qualified South Africa to the World Cup and didn't coach them because he got accused of racism in his team's selections!
                                Indeed! they should be careful, they seem not aware of being one taremi-intervirw from total destruction..
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X