X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the very important points that CQ referred to last night
    was how during his time there was no efforts made by the federation
    vis-à-vis analytical information about opponents and he had to
    buy tickets for his friends to go and watch matches and report back to him.
    Skocic was employed by the same incompetent federation who just
    didn't value these pre match analysis. If he had no tactical plans
    as they say he didn't that is partly why.
    Now there is no dispute that he was a pushover and definitely not big enough like CQ
    to place demands but he is a qualified coach, and definitely knows more about tactics
    than Taremi & Co.
    Anyway the good news is that we have a coach who also claims
    to be very different and better person and coach than when he was
    in Iran as head coach take I. In take II I accept nothing less than a progress
    to the next round at the finals from CQ and his fadayian.
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
      Even Khamenei could get us qualified with this squad at his disposal.
      Now you are getting emotional mate. "The nineth best head coach in the world"
      according to the LAAT CHALEHMEYDOON, was fast getting us eliminated
      with the same but younger and more energetic squad!!!
      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
      نگاه میکنید.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
        It's funny how the Skocic fanboys forget to mention the 5-0,4-0 Azadi wins and 4-1 Beirut win under CQ Kabir.
        Those big scorelines were against a Lebanon side who defeated S.Korea at home.
        As often, they like to only mention what benefits their arguments. It's gotten out of hand by now, but who cares anyway.
        They can sulk in the corner all they want now that their favorite dallal is gone, while the rest of us are happy we got a Lamborghini instead of a broken Paykan.
        I don't get why we need to call the guy a dallal. His callups are pretty much the same as CQs.
        Let's not forget CQ himself was called dallal, unfairly.

Yes, CQ beat Lebanon later, but the key point here is that he adjusted and learned. We didn't see that from Skocic. Not to mention, in the moment, and especially after the loss to Uzbekistan, many fans wanted him gone!

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
        Even Khamenei could get us qualified with this squad at his disposal.
        Disagree, as it became clear with someone like Wilmots.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
          The people whose opinion matter to me are not
          necessarily in agreement with my opinion. They are simply
          learned, knowledgeable and fair people who opine
          based on facts and figures. None of the things you were talking about
          in that post were true or close. They were just based
          totally on your emotions.
          If you were half as good at reasoning as you are at projecting, your IQ would be 200!

What part of my comments were not "true or close"? The part where I said you have zero evidence of CQ somehow making Taremi and JB bring him back? (A suggestion that is so childish I honestly feel bad even bringing it up again).

Better yet what have you said that was remotely "true or close"? The part where you didn't even know Taremi was actually crossed off during qualifiers for calling out your hero?

And you're playing the "emotions" card after spending weeks here as the self-appointed PR agent of some dude who doesn't even know or care about you?...

mageh majboori dadash?...

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            Disagree, as it became clear with someone like Wilmots.
            Here we go again with the Wilmots example! Wilmots didn't come to Iran with the intention to manage football, he came to hustle and make millions off IFF's incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by IranFTW View Post
              If you were half as good at reasoning as you are at projecting, your IQ would be 200!

What part of my comments were not "true or close"? The part where I said you have zero evidence of CQ somehow making Taremi and JB bring him back? (A suggestion that is so childish I honestly feel bad even bringing it up again).

Better yet what have you said that was remotely "true or close"? The part where you didn't even know Taremi was actually crossed off during qualifiers for calling out your hero?

And you're playing the "emotions" card after spending weeks here as the self-appointed PR agent of some dude who doesn't even know or care about you?...

mageh majboori dadash?...
              You see! The difference between me (i won't speak for others) and you lot
              is that I really don't care about Skocic any more than I do for CQ.
              I was happy about the way he was moving us on. He seemed to be
              doing a good job for whatever reason, be it his lady luck or
              his angles and whatever. But This whole thing about someone else
              cashing in on his fortunes is a NO NO in my books.
              I totally despise this sort of behaviour. Even in politics and in professional
              football where everything is cutthroat, there must remain some humanity
              and fairness, javanmardi and ensaaf for it to be acceptable.
              نگاه میکنید.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                CQ beat Lebanon later, but the key point here is that he adjusted and learned. We didn't see that from Skocic. Not to mention, in the moment, and especially after the loss to Uzbekistan, many fans wanted him gone!
                Comparing CQ and Skocic's first years are unfair. CQ had to build an entire generation from scratch. He literally had to put together a team piece by piece. Skocic inherited a team whose nucleus had tied Portugal in the WC and almost advanced as the first team from a group of death.

Once the team was put together, I certainly don't agree that CQ struggled against smaller teams. It was more like that he took every opportunity to enforce the system he wanted us to play against the big teams at the WC. The more fair comparison would be how CQ did with the 2018 team which was pretty much the one Skocic inherited.

We also have to remember the CQ had nothing like Skocic's forward line in 2011-2014, and not even in 2018. The Azmoun he had was still the Rubin Kazan version, not even the Zenit one, and Taremi was the Al-Ghorafa version who hadn't played even a single minute in Europe yet!

As for Wilmots, he wasn't even there to coach. He had his lawyer-wife draw up a contract that amounted to a legal trap for the inept IFF, and his main mission from day one was to find an excuse to file for breach of contract and get a big payday. He dramatically underachieved because he wasn't even trying to achieve.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                  You see! The difference between me (i won't speak for others) and you lot
                  is that I really don't care about Skocic any more than I do for CQ.
                  I literally stopped reading after this sentence. No one who has read your comments here would believe this for a second. Sorry!

Thankfully most people here seem to get it. Not wasting any more time with this nonsense.

Comment

from last two days TM trainings

Last edited by St_Mark; 09-21-2022, 05:43 AM.

Comment

All players in the Austrian camp were tested for doping.

*-FIFA representatives attended the Iranian training camp and took doping tests from all players due to the establishment of the national team camp in Austria and during FIFA Day.
                      "The presence of FIFA representatives in the camp without prior notice was taken from all test players," Khanlari added.

It should be noted that this procedure applies to all 32 national teams participating in the World Cup.

*-Iran's TM will wear a red jersey against Uruguay's blue.
                      *-The game will be broadcast. IRIB 3

Comment

Noorullahi at national team camp tonight

TM's midfielder will be added to the national team's camp in Austria since his issue is resolved.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IranFTW View Post
                            Comparing CQ and Skocic's first years are unfair. CQ had to build an entire generation from scratch. He literally had to put together a team piece by piece. Skocic inherited a team whose nucleus had tied Portugal in the WC and almost advanced as the first team from a group of death.

Once the team was put together, I certainly don't agree that CQ struggled against smaller teams. It was more like that he took every opportunity to enforce the system he wanted us to play against the big teams at the WC. The more fair comparison would be how CQ did with the 2018 team which was pretty much the one Skocic inherited.

We also have to remember the CQ had nothing like Skocic's forward line in 2011-2014, and not even in 2018. The Azmoun he had was still the Rubin Kazan version, not even the Zenit one, and Taremi was the Al-Ghorafa version who hadn't played even a single minute in Europe yet!

As for Wilmots, he wasn't even there to coach. He had his lawyer-wife draw up a contract that amounted to a legal trap for the inept IFF, and his main mission from day one was to find an excuse to file for breach of contract and get a big payday. He dramatically underachieved because he wasn't even trying to achieve.
                            Yes, CQ changed the team, but I would argue the spine of the 2014 era team was better than what we have now. I would take Seyed Jalal, Ando and Nekounam, any day over what we have right now.

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                              with the short time he has available, it makes more than sense to invite players he knows well. I assume that you also understand that this is not the final list of players who will participate in the World Cup?

For the players you drag through the mire; what are your alternatives?
                              Your argument about benchwarmers (who do you mean??) compared to regular players from the Iranian league; Which players from IPL would you rather see selected?

Ansarifard is an experienced striker with a lot of European experience or modern football.
                              The same applies to MiMo and Hajsafi (to a lesser extent than Ansarifard) and both also play quite a few minutes.
                              Ebrahimi is still a valuable player, especially in midfield where we lack quality.
                              Except for Moharrami (who doesn't even do well in Team Melli) we don't have any real alternatives at rightback and Ramin has certainly shown that he can be a decent back-up player.
                              What are your alternatives then?

Calling is easy, but also come up with solutions!

Our football has many shortcomings, IMHO it makes more sense to give priority to players with experience in Europe. Players who understand modern tactics, training etc.
                              Moreover, it is the right motivation for our players to also leave for Europe. Never have we had so many European players as in the period under CQ.

Why? Because he advised players to take that step; IPL is just weak, too bad but true.
                              As with almost everything under I.R. actually.
                              This "short time available" thing is not an excuse. If it is then why is he here? If time is so important why did we switch out a coach who was with the team for 2 years and got good results under worst circumstances away? Regarding alternatives, that is exactly my point. There are tens of alternatives if not hundreds. It all goes back to how you value the IPL vs the Greek league, or the third rate European league. I would rather see players with skills and players who have not had a chance with tm get their chance than have the same dumb people fail over and over again. It seems we really really value familiarity over many other things. Regarding Moharrami, lets agree to disagree. He is head and shoulders above Ramin Rezaeaian. Ebrahimi is well past his prime and the Qatar league or where ever he plays is not better than IPL so whatever he does over there it counts for zilch.

Yes, you are right about our football having many short comings but the lack of players is not one of them. This list is familiarity over unfamiliar, it is work horse over skills, it is physique over technique...etc etc.. Ansarifar i sway past his prime and in his prime he never really performed for TM and CQ doesn't even use him as a forward. What is the logic behind that? Could we not have had some other speedy forward just in case we need it? Hajsafi same as Ebrahimi, same goes for Saman and Milad. We do not have anyone better in a country with thousands of professional footballers? There is no smarter defender than Kananizadegan and Majidi? Why not invite Cheshmi back I thought he was the "most modern player".

Anyways, we would have been much better off holding tryouts across the country and choosing based on metrics than try and try the same group of players. You and i both know CQ has no room in his team for a creative midfielder. The likes of Soroush Rafeai will never get invited under CQ. This is just an example not that Rafeai is the best player or nothing. Next time we fall behind and have absolutely nothing to offer remember why that is.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X