This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    We often mock IFF inability to find decent friendlies but he got Canada (before the political storm), Algeria, Uruguay (if confirmed), Senegal ones. All these under sanctions and without a star coach to push/help him.
    The Algeria friendly was the most last minute pathetically organized friendly ever in a blazing hot stadium after a decrepit camp that made all the players furious

Canada friendly was good, but if you don't expect that fall out and don't have a plan B ready at the whim, it's on you. They made a critical mistake of putting all their eggs in one basket, even as there were whispers Canada would flake

Futsal and beach soccer went down the tube. Women got pepper sprayed outside Mashad's stadium

Plus to be fair, the Senegal and Uruguay friendlies got finalized but nothing officially materialized. Who knows what could happen in the next month. So not sure how much credit we can give him there

The jersey situation has been an absolute nightmare with him as well, while we have clubs in Iran who have better jerseys and designs than we do. And now we're stuck with Majid for the WC with no design even released to the public yet. Almost every other country has by now

Comment

You can say "this wasn't his fault", "there were external factors as play", but for all these blunders? At the end of the day bad luck has its limit and it's a reflection of the culture your organizational system has created. And for that he lost big time

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
          My issue with Branko is that he has shown to be a snake before. I would rather take an inexperienced and sheepish coach like Skocic over a thieving snake like Branko any day.
          I agree with you on that. But in Iran Branko actually commands a lot of respect from the players. We may think of him as a snake, and he's proven to be snakish, but our opinion matters less than the players that he will be coaching who like him more than Skocic

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
            The Algeria friendly was the most last minute pathetically organized friendly ever in a blazing hot stadium after a decrepit camp that made all the players furious
            Canada friendly was good, but if you don't expect that fall out and don't have a plan B ready at the whim, it's on you. They made a critical mistake of putting all their eggs in one basket, even as there were whispers Canada would flake
            Futsal and beach soccer went down the tube. Women got pepper sprayed outside Mashad's stadium
            Plus to be fair, the Senegal and Uruguay friendlies got finalized but nothing officially materialized. Who knows what could happen in the next month. So not sure how much credit we can give him there
            The jersey situation has been an absolute nightmare with him as well, while we have clubs in Iran who have better jerseys and designs than we do. And now we're stuck with Majid for the WC with no design even released to the public yet. Almost every other country has by now
            I don't agree about the jersey. Of course, I may change with the design out but so far most of big brand design are very bad.

About the friendlies, Iran has big problems to find some let alone decent one. Of course, Canada was risky from the start but we can't expect ask IFF to have superb plan B when we get hardly plan A friendlies. They bet all on Canada (because of US in our group). They lost the toss. Hard to find a last minute replacement, specially with all the European in nation league.

Maybe senegal and Uruguay will be canceled but at least they tried the hard way rather than the secure Uzbekistan, Syria, etc..

Comment

My issue with Branko is that he has shown to be a snake before. I would rather take an inexperienced and sheepish coach like Skocic over a thieving snake like Branko any day.
              For me, it's the polar opposite. I would rather passionately support the opposing team (as I have been doing), then to ever imagine supporting Team Melli under Skocic.

Comment

No one is praying for Majedi back.

Whatever Taj brings over Skocic is an upgrade- that's the main reason he was elected in a landslide. I deplore Branko, but if you look at the situation rationally, he is a far better coach for Iran at the WC than the damaged situation Skocic left us
                Facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                  For me, it's the polar opposite. I would rather passionately support the opposing team (as I have been doing), then to ever imagine supporting Team Melli under Skocic.
                  I won't go that far personally, but I understand your reasoning for it.

Comment

I agree with you on that. But in Iran Branko actually commands a lot of respect from the players. We may think of him as a snake, and he's proven to be snakish, but our opinion matters less than the players that he will be coaching who like him more than Skocic
                    From TM players? Really? Aside for PP fans/players, can you point to any TM players showing support for him since he ran from Iran with his tail between his legs after the WC? Honest question.

Comment

I am mostly thinking of big names, like Seyed Jalal and Taremi - granted they are PP. The fact that Hosseini was on good terms with CQ and Branko says a lot since he was one of the most mature and gifted leaders in the team/country...

We don't really know about the legionnaires as far as now. But i'm sure with a new coach, the squad won't be divided in two camps, one against the other, setting us back at 0 like we were with Dragan

All this being said, I *hope* Branko doesn't touch TM with a two foot pole and CQ is the only choice to return

From TM players? Really? Aside for PP fans/players, can you point to any TM players showing support for him since he ran from Iran with his tail between his legs after the WC? Honest question.

Comment

Not only brangoh failed miserably in wc2006 but also the guy tried to undermine TM under CQ. How many TM wc should he waste for people to even consider him as an acceptable alternative two months before wc22??

Comment

Didn't know Obama flew into Iran 😆

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch9MrDEs...d=Y2ZmNzg0YzQ=

Comment

6 years ago today

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ch-cB...d=Y2ZmNzg0YzQ=

Comment

Breaking: based on the last atrociously hot camp in Qatar, Next TM training camp will have the latest in player support during practice

Comment

41 players were booked by the Technical Staff of the Uruguayan National Team, headed by Diego Alonso, for the next Fech FIFA in September.

@Uruguay
                                @AUFOficial

Last edited by St_Mark; 09-03-2022, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X