This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    In a way IFF did well by getting this done at almost the latest stage possible to prevent time window necessary for cancellation, finding replacement, etc on part of the Canadians.
    Let's not confuse chronic disorganization and corruption with a momentary fortuitous coincidence.
    زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post
      Let's not confuse chronic disorganization and corruption with a momentary fortuitous coincidence.
      maybe, but point remains. We were all mad that the plan/opponents were not getting publicized and all was silent. This was the best possible prep for US game and to get it done they maybe had to sacrifice potentially playing New Zealand/Albania and had to keep it in the dark until late (Maajedi mentioned that specific teams could not be discussed bc of cancellation potential if their names were brought up). Whether it was the canadians that informed them such protocol should be followed or not can be speculated over.

And like mentioned by others, these sort of experiences setting up friendlies with more visible federations directly (most of our good friendlies before this were direct result of CQs contacts - IFF did nothing to facilitate them) will force IFF to be more professional and give them a better understanding of how these games actually represent a great opportunity to generate cash flow to cover other expenses throughout the year

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
        I doubt it very much this friendly get cancelled. They have sold out all the tickets already and mostly to Iranians. Apparently, they had designated an area but the demand was so high from Iranians in Canada that they had to sell seats in the entire stadium. So it will be almost like a home game! Another thing I read is that Iran only gets 5% of the total revenue from this amounting to less than 300$K. So The Canadians won't cancel this lucrative friendly.
        "Trudeau gave terrorists 300k" will be the headline in right-wing crowds. Tories, PPC and the Ontario first crowd live for things like this.

Would not put it beyond him to pressure the Canadian Federation to cancel the friendly.

Comment

Always negative
          Always pessimistic

I dont like Iranian fans

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
            "Trudeau gave terrorists 300k" will be the headline in right-wing crowds. Tories, PPC and the Ontario first crowd live for things like this.

Would not put it beyond him to pressure the Canadian Federation to cancel the friendly.
            The football federation of Iran as I understand is now independent of the government or should be. I think this is what FIFA wanted as a precondition. So the money would go to the football federation. would they be saying our football players are terrorists?
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic
            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

TM getting invited to Canada has NOTHING to do with politics and the fascist led haters need to stop this shite! When Canada Soccer invited Iran TM it was an invitation for the Iranian nation and NOT the ruling clergy! Imagine the joy this brings to Iranian Canadians here in Canada, it build bridges of friendship and connects families and fans to their Iranian brethren they adore, has nothing to do with politics!

anyone, ( politician or otherwise) opposed to this friendly is not only a racist ass wipe, but also an Iran Phobe, Anti Persian and a bridge wrecker! (Mods :Excuse my rant, but it pisses me off when people mix politics with sports!)

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                All TM has to do is cite the mass indigenous graves and treatment of First Nations people as a reason why Canada should be banned from WC. Every country has some skeletons in the closet...not defending any politicians here but let's not punish athletes and fans for political decisions we have no say over.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                Lets bring Russia back into the world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

Iran has cancelled games to make this Canada game possible. They have reached an agreement.
                  If Canada cancel this game will be liable for millions,

They won't cancel the game, but those anti Iranian groups will try to take joys away from this friendly game.

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                    TM getting invited to Canada has NOTHING to do with politics and the fascist led haters need to stop this shite! When Canada Soccer invited Iran TM it was an invitation for the Iranian nation and NOT the ruling clergy! Imagine the joy this brings to Iranian Canadians here in Canada, it build bridges of friendship and connects families and fans to their Iranian brethren they adore, has nothing to do with politics!

anyone, ( politician or otherwise) opposed to this friendly is not only a racist ass wipe, but also an Iran Phobe, Anti Persian and a bridge wrecker! (Mods :Excuse my rant, but it pisses me off when people mix politics with sports!)
                    Can we please not call these people anti-Iranian or fascists. I disagree with their call to ban TM - because TM represents Iranians not some terrorists basiji regime. But these people have lost so much in the PS752 tragedy - much more than a football match. They are just misguided in their approach because they think this TM represents IR - but let's sympathize with them for their grief. They're heartbroken.

Now, if they want to protest criminal IR's politicians coming here, then by all means - but not TM. Wrong target.
                    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                      I agree. But that was graves happened decades ago - hundred+ years ago. IR's continued atrocities are ongoing and recent.

Either way, TM is Iranian people's team and has nothing to do with IR. Justin is trying to score cheap political points. Apparently he is very unpopular in Canada and got a lot of flack recently. Joe Rogan recently called him a dictator and a lot of people are taking shots at him.
                      Attwapiskat was recent. Highways tears and the missing and murdered indigenous women continues to this date. First nations disportionatley in jails continues...i can name 100s of other ongoing issues. They invited the pope to Canada who continues to bury his head and refuse compensation for the dead school children.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                        Misery needs company. Some ppl hate seeing other ppl enjoying life

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                          Attwapiskat was recent. Highways tears and the missing and murdered indigenous women continues to this date. First nations disportionatley in jails continues...i can name 100s of other ongoing issues. They invited the pope to Canada who continues to bury his head and refuse compensation for the dead school children.
                          I agree that the aboriginals get shat on in Canada but please let's not compare IR and Canada lol

Aboriginals are highly traumatized people and that comes with its own socioeconomic consequences, such as committing crimes etc. and it's a historic trauma that is passed on from one generation to another.
                          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                            Yes, let's compare IR and Canada lol
                            When did I make such a comparison? Highlighting the hypocrisy doesn't absolve any one politician or group... 2 wrongs don't make a right. I also don't support banning Russian athletes for the same reason I don't support canceling on TM or team Canada for that matter. Politics is dirty...kinda like some of your veiled posts

Ps. Thanks for editing your post. It was insensitive to dismiss 1 set of victims...wrong is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores
                              You're not even worth responding to.
                              So feel free not to respond it would be my pleasure...go TM!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X