Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clarification on skocic vs CQ misinformation..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a_m View Post
    You are obviously looking at everything through an emotional lens , without logically breaking it down…
    You are insane bro , because the definition of insanity is repeating same thing over again, without looking at the context of the situation, .

The context of the situation clearly shows that all these team are in a massive transition period were all the players of the past have been replaced with new players who still need time to settle in ,,,
    Making theses the weakest Iraq Lebanon and Syria teams in a while , 2 of these teams were even banned from even play home games , , when it came to showing up in big games were undefeated against S.Korea for 8 years

Under skocic , , the 1st game they were better than us but it was a tie , the 2nd game could have finished 5-0 to be honest and still this team is much weaker than s.Korean team we played in the past and much weaker than any team we will play against in the World Cup… S,Korea never struggles against Arab teams the tied Iraq struggled against Lebanon LOST AGAINST UAE. That same time that almost beat us , 5-0….

All of the foundational work CQ had done 8 years to get all these players to finally think like professional players is fully blossoming now , …so we are lucky we have a Taremi/sardar,, and beside the coaches job is to develop around these players not just us these players to the max , what if taremi get injured , azmoun gets covid , janabaksh is out of form what then ,,,,, we can’t just rely on 3 players , we need a foundation behind these players who can step in when needed..
    Thanks for the novel. We lost to Lebanon in 2014 WCQ. Why did we lose to them? Was Lebanon the best team in Asia back then? Where was Lebanon ranked back then? Where was Korea ranked when Skocic played them?

It is a bitch to pick one game out of a coach's career and having to answers for that one game, isn't it.

Did I just break your emotional lens bro?

Please stop calling me insane. And that is definitely not the definition of insanity!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
      Thanks for the novel. We lost to Lebanon in 2014 WCQ. Why did we lose to them? Was Lebanon the best team in Asia back then? Where was Lebanon ranked back then? Where was Korea ranked when Skocic played them?
      It is a bitch to pick one game out of a coach's career and having to answers for that one game, isn't it.
      Please stop calling me insane. And that is definitely not the definition of insanity!!!

You not only insane you are also stupid as well … your simple mind can not think about what happened with 8 years CQ were you asleep during that period go look at the squad of players that played in those 2 games and look at the squad CQ actually took to the World Cup in Brazil 🇧🇷 2014 ….. he had to deal with what he had at the time , but once we was able to get the ability to choose he fixed it up …

Comment

Your only talking point is we lost to Lebanon 🇱🇧 and Uzbekistan 🇺🇿 for every argument you have nothing else to say or show ..

Comment

Originally posted by a_m View Post
          You not only insane you are also stupid as well … your simple mind can not think about what happened with 8 years CQ were you asleep during that period go look at the squad of players that played in those 2 games and look at the squad CQ actually took to the World Cup in Brazil 🇧🇷 2014 ….. he had to deal with what he had at the time , but once we was able to get the ability to choose he fixed it up …
          I asked politely not to be called insane and you call me insane and stupid... no need to continue the this anymore.

Comment

Same excuse as when CQ lost to Lebanon and Uzbekistan in 2014 WC qualifiers!!! What was it again? What was the excuse? Selective memory maybe?
            Or the 1-1 tie with Turkmenistan in 2015...

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
            No, buddy, as long as you do not present any evidence backing up your arguments and bring up conveniently skewed evidence to the table trying to disprove others, you cannot hold other people's argument to the highest evidentiary standards possible, or claim that your opinions are just as valid as anyone else's. I am sorry, it does not work like that. It's irrational and against your own advocacy for more rationality in the debate.
            Where is your evidence? You've been hanging out on Reddit too long.

Comment

When we lost to Lebanon and Uzbekistan during 2014 WCQ, they did not count??? At least, Skocic did not lose to any second-rated teams!!!!
              Not sure what you are trying to say. I have said before that CQ had a more inconsistent record than Skocic so far when it comes to second-rated teams, but a far superior one against Asian powerhouses and top-tier teams. Now, which of the two do you think counts more with respect to the World Cup? How exactly is Skocic's immaculate record against the likes of Cambodia, Hong Kong, Bahrain, Syria, the UAE, Lebanon, and Iraq going to help us during the World Cup? You explain that to me and I'll happily stop calling out your whataboutism.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                Or the 1-1 tie with Turkmenistan in 2015...

Where is your evidence? You've been hanging out on Reddit too long.
                What are you talking about? Evidence for what? Go back and read my prior posts.

Comment

Not sure what you are trying to say. I have said before that CQ had a more inconsistent record than Skocic so far when it comes to second-rated teams, but a far superior one against Asian powerhouses and top-tier teams. Now, which of the two do you think counts more with respect to the World Cup? How exactly is Skocic's immaculate record against the likes of Cambodia, Hong Kong, Bahrain, Syria, the UAE, Lebanon, and Iraq going to help us during the World Cup? You explain that to me and I'll happily stop calling out your whataboutism.
                  Sounds like you are saying that CQ is not able to get as good a result as Skocic against weaker teams but has a more respectful result against stronger teams. I agree with you with two caveats. By your definition, Skocic has played two games against "strong teams" which is not statistically significant to draw any serious conclusions. And CQ has gotten respectable results against stronger teams by parking the bus.

Comment

Now you are just using whataboutism... where is your evidence.

See I can do it too.

I read all your posts.

Comment

Sounds like you are saying that CQ is not able to get as good a result as Skocic against weaker teams but has a more respectful result against stronger teams. I agree with you with two caveats. By your definition, Skocic has played two games against "strong teams" which is not statistically significant to draw any serious conclusions. And CQ has gotten respectable results against stronger teams by parking the bus.
                      CQ coached TM during a whole different political climate.

Even with CQ at the helm right now, I doubt IFF would be able to organize the friendlies we had before during CQ's time (Chile, Sweden etc). Politics and Football are intertwined, anyone who thinks otherwise is living in a fantasy land. An almost bankrupt football federation sadly isn't going to be able to get a better coach and better friendlies. Even if CQ coaches TM for free, and complains till he turns blue, I highly doubt he will be able to get us the training camps he would want.

TM deserves a better technical coach than Skocic, no doubt, but sadly Skocic is going to be at the helm this WC. Luckily at least he isn't a horrible coach AKA Wilmots. Hopefully IFF can scrounge around all the pennies they have and get some decent friendlies, and with some individual moments of brilliance during our matches, maybe we end up showing what TM is capable of during the WC. This is one of those "expect the worst, hope for the best" situations.

Comment

Stop trying too hard. Just some posts ago, you were bludgeoning people with cherry-picked matches CQ lost, but now all of a sudden Skocic's two games against SK are not "statistically significant"? Double standards at their best.

Regarding your second point, which is it now? Results or how we play ("parking the bus")? Because if you really wanna go down that route, then first stop comparing results to begin with, because that would be double standards again, and second, whatever CQ's playing style was, it sure was head and shoulders above the headless chicken strategy Skocic is honoring us with.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                          Now you are just using whataboutism... where is your evidence.

See I can do it too.

I read all your posts.
                          What's with this kindergarten-level discourse?

Comment

Stop trying too hard. Just some posts ago, you were bludgeoning people with cherry-picked matches CQ lost, but now all of a sudden Skocic's two games against SK are not "statistically significant"? Double standards at their best.
                            Regarding your second point, which is it now? Results or how we play ("parking the bus")? Because if you really wanna go down that route, then first stop comparing results to begin with, because that would be double standards again, and second, whatever CQ's playing style was, it sure was head and shoulders above the headless chicken strategy Skocic is honoring us with.
                            Please go back and read again. Mehdi13 was "cherry picking" the one tie game Skocic had against SK to base his whole hatred of Skocic, and I replied to him that if you are picking one game, then I can do it too with CQ and I picked the Lebanon game. I am not sure who is trying hard here or have double standard. Talk about kindergarten discource.

As for how we play, I'd like to play the way that gives us the best chance to win. Parking the bus most often results in a respectable 1-0 loss, and occasionally results in a tie. And once every blue moon, when we get lucky and the other team scores an own goal, it produces a win. If we are going to get out of the group, we can't get there with parking the bus. When we play a more balanced game, we are increasing the odds of winning, at a cost of increasing the cost of getting blown away. If we are going to go to world cup to try and get out of the group, we have to take chances.

Comment

Please go back and read again. Mehdi13 was "cherry picking" the one tie game Skocic had against SK to base his whole hatred of Skocic, and I replied to him that if you are picking one game, then I can do it too with CQ and I picked the Lebanon game. I am not sure who is trying hard here or have double standard.

As for how we play, I'd like to play the way that gives us the best chance to win. Parking the bus most often results in a respectable 1-0 loss, and occasionally results in a tie. And once every blue moon, when we get lucky and the other team scores an own goal, it produces a win. If we are going to get out of the group, we can't get there with parking the bus. When we play a more balanced game, we are increasing the odds of winning, at a cost of increasing the cost of getting blown away. If we are going to go to world cup to try and get out of the group, we have to take chances.
                              CQ did not park the bus. I am agnostic to your views on parking the bus. They do not apply to TM.

Comment

CQ did not park the bus. I am agnostic to your views on parking the bus. They do not apply to TM.
                                Great. good talking to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X