WC22 TM's preparation and friendlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
    When a big team like Uruguay is willing to play, you play. They won't ask again.
    If they want to play an asian team resembling S.Korea, they will probably go for a team like Vietnam.
    Vietnam is a resemblance of South korea????!!!!!!? Uruguay would be very unprofessional and stupid to leave iran out for Vietnam ! Vietnam is a short , non physical and speedy team, they are exactly opposit of S.K ... south koreans are physical and pretty much tall team . They man handled most of our players.

There won't be a friendly in November. No team wants to risk an injury to a key player just a few days before the WC
    Again false! Saudi arabia already booked Croatia for november game. I also remember CQ did friendly games (behinde closed door) before tournaments. Most national teams do it and we must also do it . We should most definitely book a european team in november. Albania , estonia w/e there is available .

We need friendly matches against strong opponents in order to improve, practice sessions won't help. If they did help, no one would pay to play friendlies and just practice instead.
    You need to understand the principle of friendly games. You must do practice sessions first then apply what you worked in your practice session in the friendly games in order to get ready for the real one. Without practice sessions there is no point in doing any friendly matches! Like what you trying to do in the friendly match lol

You've been to school right? Its like doing exam past papers without any revisions ! Whats the point??

You really trust these liars after the last few weeks?
    No I don't trust them and thats why I'm saying there was no way for IFF paying $450k for montevideo flight tickets. They were just bluffing about the uruguay game and then blamed it on skocic.

Comment

One friendly is sad…why doesn’t someone teach them management. Saaad..we need anything European style …estili ham ke eftezah …bring on Ali Karimi and Ali daii…Ali daii be a great candidate to run IFF

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
        Well it was a shitty lineup. Hopefully they just rested their key players for the game against us.
        this is a friendly tournament for their local side, similar to TM B in previous decade.

The team that will play us is the one that played vs Uganda.

that team was as follows:

GK - Zeghba (domestic guy, they also have their longtime starter Mbolhi in the squad but he was on bench vs Uganda)

RB - Benayada, experienced local RB who started in WCQ playoff vs cameroon

CB - Aissa Mandi (villareal - regular starter)

CB - Ahmed Touba (Walwijk). He is one of the newer faces, replacing one of their older domestic CBs.

LB - Bensebaini (Monchengladbach star)

CM - Zerrouki (Twente). Regular starter

CM - Ismael Bennacer (Ac Milan) Regular starter. He played us in 2018 but he was a reserve player for arsenal then. Now he is a regular for italian Champs AC Milan.

CM - Adem Zorgane (Charleroi). Another younger face. Gholizadeh's highly rated teammate. Linked with move to Lyon. Good CM talent, and will likely be starter for them moving forward.

LW - Belaili (Brest in Ligue 1). One of their star players in recent times

RW - Rachid Ghezzal (Besiktas). Replaced injured Mahrez

CF - Slimani (Very experienced CF veteran of 2 previous WCs, playing in Sporting Lisbon)

Bench:

Adam Ounas (Napoli).

Adam Brahimi (OGC Nice) Highly rated young LW. Might get a chance to show himself vs us for one of the more experienced wings

Yanis Hamace (Boavista LB). Another newer young face.

Few other domestic guys and others in smaller euro leagues on their bench. Missing from their bench for whatever reason was another OGC nice player Boudaoui. He is another bright talent I think they want to build with in the future, if he is fit he might play vs us.

Main absences: Mahrez, Youcef Atal, Feghouli, Said Benrahma. Out of those Mahrez and Atal are starters, Feghouli at this stage a bench player for galatasaray is getting phased out by the new young wingers. Benrahma was star of brentford but now on West Ham struggling a bit, started in AFCON for them but not recent WCQ. Boundejah the Al Sadd CF is also out due to injury.

Comment

It is nice to set our friendlies with teams that looks like our future opponents. BUT we have to consider that few options are available (bc of nation league or all others competitions), and the political mixing with sports (specially the countries we have some sort of problem with : Argentina, Canada, USA, West Euro countries except maybe Switzerland, or Mediterrean countries).

Even if our opponents are mostly european/british, we shoud only go after countries that are ok or neutral with Iran. Venezuela is free for example after their friendly in KSA.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            this is a friendly tournament for their local side, similar to TM B in previous decade.

The team that will play us is the one that played vs Uganda.

that team was as follows:

GK - Zeghba (domestic guy, they also have their longtime starter Mbolhi in the squad but he was on bench vs Uganda)

RB - Benayada, experienced local RB who started in WCQ playoff vs cameroon

CB - Aissa Mandi (villareal - regular starter)

CB - Ahmed Touba (Walwijk). He is one of the newer faces, replacing one of their older domestic CBs.

LB - Bensebaini (Monchengladbach star)

CM - Zerrouki (Twente). Regular starter

CM - Ismael Bennacer (Ac Milan) Regular starter. He played us in 2018 but he was a reserve player for arsenal then. Now he is a regular for italian Champs AC Milan.

CM - Adem Zorgane (Charleroi). Another younger face. Gholizadeh's highly rated teammate. Linked with move to Lyon. Good CM talent, and will likely be starter for them moving forward.

LW - Belaili (Brest in Ligue 1). One of their star players in recent times

RW - Rachid Ghezzal (Besiktas). Replaced injured Mahrez

CF - Slimani (Very experienced CF veteran of 2 previous WCs, playing in Sporting Lisbon)

Bench:

Adam Ounas (Napoli).

Adam Brahimi (OGC Nice) Highly rated young LW. Might get a chance to show himself vs us for one of the more experienced wings

Yanis Hamace (Boavista LB). Another newer young face.

Few other domestic guys and others in smaller euro leagues on their bench. Missing from their bench for whatever reason was another OGC nice player Boudaoui. He is another bright talent I think they want to build with in the future, if he is fit he might play vs us.

Main absences: Mahrez, Youcef Atal, Feghouli, Said Benrahma. Out of those Mahrez and Atal are starters, Feghouli at this stage a bench player for galatasaray is getting phased out by the new young wingers. Benrahma was star of brentford but now on West Ham struggling a bit, started in AFCON for them but not recent WCQ. Boundejah the Al Sadd CF is also out due to injury.
            Mandi, Slimani and M'bolhi have been sent home to rest. Won't play against Iran.

Comment

Neither will Bennacer and Belaili most likely.

Comment

Lol. We gave up friendly against Uruguay for friendly against Algeria B/C team.

Comment

We could pull of a scam in Qatar if we are smart.

Put "game of thrones Arya" masks on and tell teams we are Brazil. Get Maji to make some fake brazil kits, charge 1/4 of brazil price aka 250 000 dollars cash to estili in silver bag per game, and say its last minute special, trick all teams in Qatar atm, start with aussies and that dude who visited our camp. Taremi can put on Neymar mask and so on.

We get friendlies, cash for IFF, and no one knows what happened until its all over.. there are possibilities, just have to think outside a new box

https://youtu.be/MvVXJ0U2cJQ
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    but muh travel time

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                      Vietnam is a resemblance of South korea????!!!!!!? Uruguay would be very unprofessional and stupid to leave iran out for Vietnam ! Vietnam is a short , non physical and speedy team, they are exactly opposit of S.K ... south koreans are physical and pretty much tall team . They man handled most of our players.
                      Again false! Saudi arabia already booked Croatia for november game. I also remember CQ did friendly games (behinde closed door) before tournaments. Most national teams do it and we must also do it . We should most definitely book a european team in november. Albania , estonia w/e there is available .
                      You need to understand the principle of friendly games. You must do practice sessions first then apply what you worked in your practice session in the friendly games in order to get ready for the real one. Without practice sessions there is no point in doing any friendly matches! Like what you trying to do in the friendly match lol
                      You've been to school right? Its like doing exam past papers without any revisions ! Whats the point??
                      No I don't trust them and thats why I'm saying there was no way for IFF paying $450k for montevideo flight tickets. They were just bluffing about the uruguay game and then blamed it on skocic.
                      "Vietnam is a resemblance of South korea????!!!!!!? Uruguay would be very unprofessional and stupid to leave iran out for Vietnam ! Vietnam is a short , non physical and speedy team, they are exactly opposit of S.K ... south koreans are physical and pretty much tall team . They man handled most of our players."

Uruguay and teams from other continents usually don't know much about asian soccer. That's why they often pick neighbours. Who knows, they might even pick N.korea.

"Again false! Saudi arabia already booked Croatia for november game. I also remember CQ did friendly games (behinde closed door) before tournaments. Most national teams do it and we must also do it . We should most definitely book a european team in november. Albania , estonia w/e there is available."

I don't know about Croatia and Saudi but it wouldn't be wise to risk getting Taremi injured 3 days before our opener vs England. Besides, what would we gain by playing any friendly 3-4 days before our first game?
                      Too little time to make improvements. Also if i remember correctly Misaghi and Majedi also talked about this on a fotbal bartar show.

[B]"You need to understand the principle of friendly games. You must do practice sessions first then apply what you worked in your practice session in the friendly games in order to get ready for the real one. Without practice sessions there is no point in doing any friendly matches! Like what you trying to do in the friendly match lol"

LOL. Friendly matches are one form of practice my friend, and the one we need badly.

Going by your logic, it was stupid of S.korea and Japan to lineup 4 friendlies in the span of 12 days.
                      Because they won't be able to have heavy practice sessions due to the intensity of 4 heavy games.
                      No my friend, S.Korea and Japan( like everyone else besides Iran) have understood that friendly games are the best kind of practice.

"No I don't trust them and thats why I'm saying there was no way for IFF paying $450k for montevideo flight tickets. They were just bluffing about the uruguay game and then blamed it on skocic."

May i ask how you calculated that price? After all the embarrassment IFF would have payed TM trip to Montevideo to save face.
                      But they got saved by that clown Skocic. Even Marijo Tot admitted flight time was a big reason they didn't travel to Montevideo.

We have always had underqualified people in IFF.
                      Unfortunately this time around, our head coach is too.
                      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                        Chi begim, it’s a disaster.
                        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Uruguay vs Jamaica (the game that was replaced by us) was canceled??!!!!!! and instead it was replaced by Panama !!!

What doesn't add up is that panama had a game today ? so how can they afford to also play next day? Unless google got it wrong

anyone know the reason ?

Comment

Guess who’s in town? Iran-Venezuela friendly in September please!

Comment

Something I don't understand if why IFF give the power to skocic to cancel friendlies like the Uruguay one.

Comment

AUSTRALia
                                would play on dirt field against iran.
                                all we have to do is ask and
                                i remember like a yar ago if i am
                                not mistaken australia hc said
                                we play iran any time any where.

australia plays close style
                                to england wales and usa
                                it be a HEAVEY GAME
                                as thy will come for revange and
                                we be really tested .