WC22 TM's preparation and friendlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armen View Post
    IFF is retarded if they reject this. But again, it's IFF....

Comment

for what is worth, algeria are without mahrez (I guess they gave him rest time following long city season) , physical Nice CF andy delort (scored impressive 20 goals this season in france) and his teammate young RB youcef Atal.

Baghdad Bounedjah is also out.

Rest of their main guys are there, including some new exciting youngsters that I guess they will build with going forward.

Comment

I'm honestly getting sick of this shit. All that talk "we're no. 1 in Asia", and the players said immediately after the Iraq game we need good friendlies and yet here we are. It's BEYOND my imagination how it's even remotely possible to be at this stage of incompetent, baba it's not a kindergarten tourney, FFS you've got such talented and passionate players, they earned themselves a huge respect in the world 4 years ago, and THIS is how you treat them?! I feel sooo sorry and bad for all the TM players, poor guys just want to make US proud, and they have to deal with this shit, ending up playing Afghanistan U17 and Uzbekistan C team....

Comment

Meanwhile...

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
            IFF is retarded if they reject this. But again, it's IFF....
            please don't offend people with mental disabilities, especially by comparing them to IFF.

Comment

I have a feeling we will somehow play 3 african teams this break

Comment

I read an article today in Iranian sports media where South America was mistakenly referred to as South Africa at least twice.
                The author also really wanted to highlight their know how and sophistication by using the word “esquad” instead of the usual “team” or “bazikonan”.

MashAllah be savadeshoon. Tomorrow they’ll claim asylum in Europe and say they couldn’t work in Iran because of the regime. Lol

Comment

Today Ukraine beat Scotland, which means we will get either Ukrain or Wales in our group B.

Regarding Ukraine:

Their team is very well tuned, since their league was stopped months ago and they have been practising together like a club team.

Midfield:
                  Their biggest strength is their midfield which is very well controlled with excellent passing abilities. Their midfield is definitely stronger than TM.

Defense:
                  Their defense is ok, but not great. In fact, it's not as good as Iran's defense. This includes the goalies.

Offense:
                  Ukraine is good. But Iran has Azmoun and Taremi. I give Iran the edge here.

How to prepare for Ukraine?
                  The key is to neutralize their much stronger midfield. How to do so with our players and coach I haven't a clue. But that is the job of our coaches. If TM does not neutralize Ukraines midfield, they will dominate. The game, then could go either way. If TM does manage to neutralize their midfield, Iran has a good chance to take 3 points from that game.

Comment

Regarding Ukraine, having thought about some more:
                    Perhaps a defensive counter-attacking strategy would work. Thereby we could be crowding the midfield, neutralizing their passing game in the middle, while launching quick counters where Taremi and Azmoun and possibly Allhyar could overwhelm Ukraine's not so great defense. If our defense brings their A game to that game, TM might be able to take all 3 points.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      please don't offend people with mental disabilities, especially by comparing them to IFF.
                      mano bebakhsh haji.

Comment

Iran and South Africa are trying to set up a friendly for June 13:
                        https://www.sowetanlive.co.za/sport/...bafana-bafana/

Comment

OMG! It is 2 June 2022 and yet no sign of friendly match. This "Footballi" Board of FFIRI all did was negotiate with many teams and fail to seal the deal!!! At times just speak to the press and mention names to "mardomo sare kar bezaran". The behaviour of this Board is appalling and pure evidence of incompetency and mismanagement.

My guess would be friendly with Qatar and Oman or one of them or no friendly at all.

If no friendly, then IRI's preparation would be asking people to say "Ya Imame Zaman" but it won't help because no friendly means demolition by England, USA, Wales/Ukraine.
                          Team Melli embarrassed Iran at the 1958 Asian Games, 1964 & 1972 Olympic Games. This World Cup will be the worst embarrassment if no friendly matches are organized.

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post
                            Iran and South Africa are trying to set up a friendly for June 13:
                            https://www.sowetanlive.co.za/sport/...bafana-bafana/
                            I call bs. Sorry but don't get any hopes up.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                              I call bs. Sorry but don't get any hopes up.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                              IFF is a headless organization. This is what happens when the corruption is so deep that we are left in tatters and suffering because there is no guidance/leadership at the top or accountability.
                              "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Azadi is deteriorating.

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Working...
                                X