WC22 TM's preparation and friendlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Who actually believes he turned it down?
    If they thought distance was an issue skocic would have said no right from the start

There are other issues at play (read politics and iff internal backstabbing) that lets something like this happen.
    It's entirely possible that IFF was negotiating with Uruguay without notifying the head coach, thinking if they agree with UFA, Skocic will be pressured to say yes.

When things got serious, Skocic refused to back down and they had to cancel.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
      Remember that Eskoochie was willing to travel to Canada but won’t to Uruguay.

I wonder why?

Charter flights paid for by Canada vs Uruguay likely not offering a cent in this regard. At this point though blame lies with IFF and Skocic in my books.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Just organise a friendly against Oman. I fucking beg you. Play at least one match. We are are already on day two of the FIFA match day window

Comment

And now they lost all negotiating power too. Uruguay game made sense Bc they wanted a friendly for that slot. African sides don’t even want to play necessarily and will probably try to extract huge fees, even skocics “contact” Samuel etoo he networked with in doha urinal at World Cup draw

Comment

According to Varzesh3, TM would either play Uruguay in Montevideo or two friendlies in Qatar.

تکمیلی از لغو بازی تیم ملی برابر اروگوئه؛
            اسکوچیچ به فدراسیون اعلام کرده در صورتی که بتوان دو بازی در قطر برگزار کنیم، با سفر به اروگوئه و انجام تک بازی به دلیل مسافت و خستگی مخالف است و در غیر اینصورت با سفر به اروگوئه و بازی برابر این تیم مخالفتی ندارد.
            حال باید دید دو بازی در قطر برای تیم ملی برگزار خواهد شد یا تیم ملی عازم اروگوئه می*شود.

Comment

Baba this is becoming a headache and increasing BP. What a mess we are in.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                And now they lost all negotiating power too. Uruguay game made sense Bc they wanted a friendly for that slot. African sides don’t even want to play necessarily and will probably try to extract huge fees, even skocics “contact” Samuel etoo he networked with in doha urinal at World Cup draw
                Eto’o needs that money too with all the recent news that came out about him. I dislike that guy very much.

Comment

And what does player fatigue have to do with anything? These guys are apparently playing 2 games only, not even 3 or 4 like most teams.

And he has a squad of 25 for a reason. God forbid he has to start hardani one match and Moharrami the other

Comment

I didn’t expect TM to be in this kind of situation with a 7 year midtable IPL dallal as coach. I really didn’t.

Comment

Skokic is a disaster.. He really doesn't know what's in the best interest of TM like CQ did.

Comment

Skokic is nobody!

He is just happy that he has found a god's gift opportunity to be among the elite coaches s at World Cup so that he can add that to his resume which is going to be very interesting for whomever tries to hire him next. Okay Mr. Skocic can you tell me how you were suddenly promoted from a simple managerial position to executive vice president?? What is he gonna say .. well, there was this Akhunnd regime under sanctions, no decent coach wanted to deal with them and then I was coaching Kapoot Sazi Aaamol .. they asked me if I want the job and I jumped on it. :-)

Anyway, humour aside, there are too many bosses at the Federation that are trying to run the show ... Skocic is just in the background saying YES to whatever they tell him. At times he is also used as escape goat to cover up fck ups!

This guy should have already had a list of 50 names for TM call up and should have had an one on one with each to outline his expectations and a customized roadmap for each individual player in terms of fitness, technical ability and overall fit in the team. Instead, he is sitting on his ass, waiting for someone to hand a friendly arrangement to him, as though friendlies are the be all, end all of all preparation.

Comment

I wouldn't have minded all the complaining here if we knew what exactly happened, but no one really knows what really happened. Here are my guesses for what happened:

- Skocic asked that if we travel to South America (Similar to North America), for TM to have two friendlies. So, of course, IFF will negotiate with Uruguay and keep them on the hook while searching for another game. Once Uruguay demands an answer and IFF has not found a second friendly, they have to refuse. And blame goes to Skocic who refused a single game but would have travelled if there were two games. Can't blame Skocic or IFF for this scenario especially since the game had to be held on June 10th or 11th which kills the camp on June 6th probably. Camp only starts on the 2nd... So no real camp, lots of travelling and one game... Uruguay probably refused to hold the game on June 14. I think that would have been worth the travel.

- Skocic prefers two friendlies in Qatar or even one friendly in Qatar and a longer camp with less travel, to one very short camp and lots of travelling even against a stronger opponent.

- We have no idea what is happening in Sept. but it really affects what we do in June. Maybe they lined up two or three good friendlies in Sept. (Maybe a small tournament) and that can justify having a longer camp and less games in June.

We as fans, only see the games, but a lot of good happens in camps, as players gel and learn to implement coach's tactics... Getting players together from all around the world with one or two practice sessions before the match is not very useful. Previous world cups allowed lots of time for long camps and then many friendlies but for this world cup, we have to choose between camp duration and number of friendlies and travelling hurts both...

Comment

The difference btwn Canada and Uruguay is that we would have camped all 15 days in Canada. Starting the camp late, travelling from Tehran to Doha and then stopping the camp on June 6th to travel to Uruguay for only one friendly is quite different than having a camp in Canada for 15 days with two friendlies there!!!!

Comment

WC22 TM's preparation and friendlies

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post

- Skocic prefers two friendlies in Qatar or even one friendly in Qatar and a longer camp with less travel, to one very short camp and lots of travelling even against a stronger opponent.
                              We can probably have an 8 way tournament with Syria and Palestine.

We were invited by both Japan and Qatar for tournaments involving strong 1st tier teams FOR FREE. We refused!
                              .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
                                We can probably have an 8 way tournament with Syria and Palestine.

We were invited by both Japan and Qatar for tournaments involving strong 1st tier teams FOR FREE. We refused!
                                Of course, if tournaments is sponsered by the holy mosque of qom, then we go, otherwise we refuse!!!

BTW, I don't think the Qatar tournament ever materialized...

Comment

Working...
                                X