Nope. Still negotiating.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
      this games are confirmed for sure?
      No not yet but momentum is picking up.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

https://www.canadiansoccernews.com/f...omment-1031360

They are discussing the match on the Canadian Soccer News forum.
        So Canadians think a friendly with Iran as “underwhelming”?[emoji2359]

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLion80 View Post
          To be honest, I didn't know Canada had a soccer team.

Edit: For clarity, I was only joking.
          Last edited by Leicester City; 05-10-2022, 05:20 PM. Reason: Joke

Comment

actually the podcasters defended the friendly and described it as "marquee".

"no real disadvantage" to this being the friendly was another comment made, they talked about us having a very solid and well rounded team. Talked about our great WC performance in 2018 (apparently the world thinks we had a very solid showing - only a few people here dont lol)

They are expecting 40,000 at the game and seem pretty certain from their sources that it will be in Vancouver.

As for Canadian team, lot of talent to test us.

Offensively: Jonathan David of Lille (formerly milad's teammate at Gent) - won ligue 1 last year and is a huge talent, Buchanan of Club Brugge is a young winger who is also extremely exciting and getting regular minutes there after big money move from MLS, Cyle Larin of Besiktas, Ike Ugbo who was on loan at chelsea now in Ligue 1 is another strong CF option they have, and Millar of Basel who came through liverpool's academy. Definitely I think this is comparable, or even superior to the wing/CF options US have.

In midfield their captain and long time besiktas player Hutchinson is very experienced, estuqaio who is Taremi's teammate at porto is a solid player (although probably not Porto level).

Also their right back has been in great form for promotion contenders Nottingham Forest in Championship. Even their GK is long time Red Star Belgrade #1.

I just hope that if the surface is AG, which according to that podcast it will be, that the quality of the game/health of players is not impacted. I guess the canadian guys are used to playing on it though.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
              this games are confirmed for sure?
              Bro even if its confirmed its not 100% ! So I think we have to wait and believe it when it actually happens.

Comment

team melli dr said
                amiri will be back for wc.

Comment

There are rumors that the Brazil-Argentina friendly scheduled for June 11 in Melbourne will be cancelled:
                  https://kick360.com.au/argentina-vs-...sibly-at-risk/

If so, Brazil and Argentina will both have newfound availability to schedule friendlies for the 2nd week of FIFA's June international match window. Maybe TM can schedule a friendly with one of them?

Comment

Its good to have these friendlies but i remember players say that they were nervous against spain and argentina and these big teams because iran never played friendlies against big teams.

at least a friendly against a very big team can boost the confidence of our players against england.

Comment

Please, no friendly with Russia when the rest of the world is sanctioning them. Can you imagine if Ukraine make it to our group and we had played a friendly with Russia. The media will be all over Iran. No more bad publicity please!!

Comment

I also cant imagine the Albania thing to happen since Albania is hosting MKO/Mojahedin in their country. Would be very very strange if IRI allows to play Albania.

Comment

Still waiting for Skocics Plan!

IMO we should ask for it everyday. It’s too easy for them to let them ignore us.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLion80 View Post
                            That's funny a team ranked lower than us who has never scored a WC goal feels it would be underwhelming...lol they should as Estaquio what he thinks of Taremi since he has had a lot of time to watch a TM talent from Portos bench

NA and European nations are clueless about Iran let alone TM.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

IFF should also plan on a friendly with a European team as well as an African team to prepare us for either Netherlands or Senegal just in case we advance.

Croatia would prepare us well for Netherlands as well as England.

Cameroon or Ghana would prepare us for Senegal.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                                Cancel the league or something. TM above all
                                Fat chance of that happening.
                                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Working...
                                X