No announcement yet.

WC22 TM's preparation and friendlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be nice to see us play against New Zealand, Canada and Albania. I can imagine that we will play one or two really strong teams once the tournament nears, hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
      I can imagine that we will play one or two really strong teams once the tournament nears, hopefully..
      yes you are right, actually 3 big teams, in the the world cup!

Comment

Canada, Albania, and New Zealand...

I'll believe it when I see it, but I guess it could've been a lot worse... If we could somehow get one more team like Peru or even Venezuela i'll take it.

Add in Uzbekistan or maybe Iraq and UAE Mall XI and that sounds like your typical IFF friendly arrangement!

Comment

Want to add that if we do end up playing Albania, it'll actually be a pretty solid friendly for us...

90% of their starting lineup plays in Serie A or Turkey

They also drew Wales in Cardiff and narrowly lost to Spain 2-1 recently.

Comment

Albania is a solid physical team. Not going to wow any one technically, but they run and play hard - a half decent USA facsimile.

Comment

Nothing is confirmed yet. Even Kamranifar (IFF GS) himself said to Misaghi that let's wait until all is confirmed via official contracts between IFF and other federations. He did not even confirm Canada. I agree, I will take it too. For us it is the same old story, it's better than nothing or likes of Uzbekistan and Syria. IFF keeps promising "this week", "in a few days" or "within 48 hours" with no results. We shall see.

TM qualified on January 27. We in this forum kept raising the alarm and calling for at least a "plan for plan". We even provided elements of a solid plan. We even suggested they steal from CQ's 2018 plan. All to no avail! Iran's sports tabloid media also sat on its behind and focused on the drama of IFF's internal strife. IFF has lost 3.5 months with no friendlies so far and no transparency on other aspects of a preparation plan. We know that Skocic gave Maajedi a plan before he left for Croatia on April 19 but we don't know if anyone reviewed it, provided feedback or is acting upon it. Even the location of the camps is not final. Definitely the worst federation of the 32 WC qualified teams. I am sure even Wales, Scotland, Ukraine at war, UAE, New Zealand, Australia, Peru and Costa Rica have better plans than our IFF in case they qualify.

Go TM!

Comment

England aside (which we would need really top level friendly for. Probably for realistic options only croatia could do it, but they’re nations league schedule makes that difficult), these 3 games are good prep.

Canada are the best possible prep for US. There is no doubting that. They have many young euro based guys and look eerily similar to what US will throw at us across the pitch.

Albania are a super physical side with an entire back 5 consisting of solid serie A players, including for some of the top sides there. Armando broja of southampton would be a CF that in terms of speed, physicality will really test our back line and is as good as anything the likes of scotland, Wales, ukraine will put up there against us. An upgraded version of them would have been poland but this will do.

New Zealand are the same level as Australia these days, probably better. They have a classic british CF in chris wood who helped Newcastle avoid relegation this year. They also have a good number of younger guys playing solid minutes at serie A level and throughout Scandinavia. Stylistically they probably represent a much more relevant choice for the US, scotland, Wales matches than Peru or venezuela.

6 games is a MUST for this team. these 3 are a solid start if confirmed.

Croatia is a must with contacts of federation, skocic. They need to make that happen. Additionally either Turkey or russia represent doable and excellent friendies. Greece can be added to this group but is a bit weaker than the first 2 esp. in terms of the offensive threat they would put us under. That would put us at 5. For the 6th I am pretty sure we can arrange something vs Qatar or another asian side right before start of WC in doha - given Japan's long-standing interest maybe it could be vs them.

Canada, Albania, New Zealand, Croatia, Turkey/Russia/Greece, Qatar/Japan would be a very respectable plan.

Comment

It's a good sign when Gol Bezan can kind-of-confirm it.

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    England aside (which we would need really top level friendly for. Probably for realistic options only croatia could do it, but they’re nations league schedule makes that difficult), these 3 games are good prep.
                    Canada are the best possible prep for US. There is no doubting that. They have many young euro based guys and look eerily similar to what US will throw at us across the pitch.
                    Albania are a super physical side with an entire back 5 consisting of solid serie A players, including for some of the top sides there. Armando broja of southampton would be a CF that in terms of speed, physicality will really test our back line and is as good as anything the likes of scotland, Wales, ukraine will put up there against us. An upgraded version of them would have been poland but this will do.
                    New Zealand are the same level as Australia these days, probably better. They have a classic british CF in chris wood who helped Newcastle avoid relegation this year. They also have a good number of younger guys playing solid minutes at serie A level and throughout Scandinavia. Stylistically they probably represent a much more relevant choice for the US, scotland, Wales matches than Peru or venezuela.
                    6 games is a MUST for this team. these 3 are a solid start if confirmed.
                    Croatia is a must with contacts of federation, skocic. They need to make that happen. Additionally either Turkey or russia represent doable and excellent friendies. Greece can be added to this group but is a bit weaker than the first 2 esp. in terms of the offensive threat they would put us under. That would put us at 5. For the 6th I am pretty sure we can arrange something vs Qatar or another asian side right before start of WC in doha - given Japan's long-standing interest maybe it could be vs them.
                    Canada, Albania, New Zealand, Croatia, Turkey/Russia/Greece, Qatar/Japan would be a very respectable plan.
                    You're giving me hope - stop it.

Comment

A Canadian soccer podcast is saying today that Iran's friendly against Canada will take place on June 5th at BC Place in Vancouver:
                      https://anchor.fm/northern-ftbol/epi...n-June-e1ibas6

Comment

https://www.canadiansoccernews.com/f...omment-1031360

On his Northern Futbol podcast released today, Peter Galindo "confirmed" Vancouver.
                        They are discussing the match on the Canadian Soccer News forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

https://www.canadiansoccernews.com/f...omment-1031360
                          They are discussing the match on the Canadian Soccer News forum.
                          per them the remaining issues are the turf at BC palace in Vancouver and the fact we may be having our subsequent friendlies in qatar.

If IFF doesnt want to proceed with Vancouver option given these two issues, holding the game in Toronto (eastern Canada) is the alternative being considered. Toronto FC stadium has a grass surface and ofc in terms of distance would be better for tM ( 4-5 hour less travel each way)

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            per them the remaining issues are the turf at BC palace in Vancouver and the fact we may be having our subsequent friendlies in qatar.

If IFF doesnt want to proceed with Vancouver option given these two issues, holding the game in Toronto (eastern Canada) is the alternative being considered. Toronto FC stadium has a grass surface and ofc in terms of distance would be much closer to TM.
                            Toronto would make way more sense I don’t understand why Vancouver. Both have big irooni populations but bc of what you mentioned, travel and the playing surface in TFC stadium, it should be a no-brainer alternative. It’s better for the Canada guys too that will be all coming from Europe.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Canada is playing their concacaf nations league match in Vancouver. They don’t want to travel more. That’s the main reason they want to play in Vancouver.

Comment

this games are confirmed for sure?

Comment

Working...
                                X