USA/England preparations for WC 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    Major error by Berhalter to leave out Palmer-brown, tim ream, haji wright, and Brandon vazquez. Those are 4 guys that could even be starters…..don’t think any are injured either so all seems to be preference based decisions.
    They could even call up Captain America but in the end we are still going to kick their butts

Comment

Major error by Berhalter to leave out Palmer-brown, tim ream, haji wright, and Brandon vazquez. Those are 4 guys that could even be starters…..don’t think any are injured either so all seems to be preference based decisions.
      Pefok being overlooked for Pepi is another

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

We like it when he makes errors, more of those please. Mix it with a bit of chaos in their camp and we have a wonderful scenario [emoji7]

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
          They could even call up Captain America but in the end we are still going to kick their butts
          I hope you’re right my friend, with CQ I have hope again but I don’t think we should be coming in too hot. Remember, as king says always…..we are the under dog

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
          Pefok being overlooked for Pepi is another
          Yeah I was going to mention him too but honestly I don’t really rate him much even though he’s gotten off to a solid start for union. He was awful in his caps for USMNT….probably should be in on merit and like you said over Pepi with how he’s started off but I still put sargeant, vazquez and fereira ahead of him.
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Many of the US team players are locks in November so we get familiar with them watching them play against "familiar" opposition.

Based on US fan reviews, it looks like they believe that Berhalter closed rank and chose his favorites and didn't experiment with any dual nationals on the brink.

From their squad, we know its their midfield and wingers that are dangerous. Musah and McKennie give them so much mobility and Reyna and Pulisic are the dangerous wide players. We need to have a set strategy to close off the middle and limit space. Of all their positions, it looks like their goalkeeper situation is as open as ours with uncertainty. They have 4 rightbacks and only 1 left back in the squad.

They have issues with their centreback pairing right now. Since Miles Robinson is injured, they don't have too many center backs with pace left. That means we can challenge them with pace if they do a high press.

Comment

US are weak in the boxes. CB and CF. CF you could argue they have a couple guys in ok form right now, but none have done it on international level before. Pefok scored a couple CL goals and is off to a hot start in Bundesliga but little chemistry with anybody in their setup. Not comparable to Azmoun + Taremi on TM. Sargent showed many times he cannot step up to higher level, more pressure yet, but so far doing ok for norwich in championship after contributing to their relegation last year.

CB one of their best is brooks who berhalter will not call. I guess the celtic guy is also decent but berhalter prefers MLS pairing. Slow, no big international experience, can be gotten at.

Outside of these positions they will have very athletic full backs who provide a lot of help in offensive phase (but not always switched on defensively) and a technical + hardworking mid line + good wide players.

In this sense they are quite similar to morocco side we faced in 2018 (although benatia and Saiss were much better CBs than anything US have atm).

In short: Our CFs have upper hand on their CBs if we get them enough service. On the other side of the pitch our CBs have an advantage over their forwards. To make up for the deficiencies of our midfield and especially issues on our Left side (Right side with Sadegh and ARJ should be fine) we will need CQ special: very compact structure with nobody ever left isolated with likes of aaronsen, pulisic, reyna, musah, limit their opportunities to run at speed in transition and create a mental+physical edge that disrupts their flow (much like morocco).

Their lack of experience at this level, coupled with their clueless coach should then create a situation we can take advantage of

Comment

USA 0-2 Japan
                Italy 1-0 England

England have been relegated to Nations League B

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm..._relegated_to/

Japan vs US highlights:

Italy vs England highlights:

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  US are weak in the boxes. CB and CF. CF you could argue they have a couple guys in ok form right now, but none have done it on international level before. Pefok scored a couple CL goals and is off to a hot start in Bundesliga but little chemistry with anybody in their setup. Not comparable to Azmoun + Taremi on TM. Sargent showed many times he cannot step up to higher level, more pressure yet, but so far doing ok for norwich in championship after contributing to their relegation last year.

CB one of their best is brooks who berhalter will not call. I guess the celtic guy is also decent but berhalter prefers MLS pairing. Slow, no big international experience, can be gotten at.

Outside of these positions they will have very athletic full backs who provide a lot of help in offensive phase (but not always switched on defensively) and a technical + hardworking mid line + good wide players.

In this sense they are quite similar to morocco side we faced in 2018 (although benatia and Saiss were much better CBs than anything US have atm).

In short: Our CFs have upper hand on their CBs if we get them enough service. On the other side of the pitch our CBs have an advantage over their forwards. To make up for the deficiencies of our midfield and especially issues on our Left side (Right side with Sadegh and ARJ should be fine) we will need CQ special: very compact structure with nobody ever left isolated with likes of aaronsen, pulisic, reyna, musah, limit their opportunities to run at speed in transition and create a mental+physical edge that disrupts their flow (much like morocco).

Their lack of experience at this level, coupled with their clueless coach should then create a situation we can take advantage of
                  wow great read, thx for the analyse
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

The US was totally outplayed by Japan. They are very beatable.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/matchstats?gameId=641088

Shots : Japan 16-4 US
                    Shots on target : Japan 8-0 US

Comment

US squad being announced now on ESPN2

Comment

LOL Berhalter doesn’t invite pefok USA fans are furious
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Pepi dropped, Pefok dropped. Damn!

Comment

lot of controversy. The fact he called up MLS trash like jordan morris, jesus ferreira, roldan has a lot of people rightfully pissed. Those guys arent a threat to anybody at domestic level, let alone international/WC.

Ream got a deserved callup but its expected he sticks with zimmerman and long duo. They are both error prone MLS defenders, hopefully they dont get killed too badly in first two games and keep their partnership vs TM.

This team is really weak in both boxes. Even GK turner has barely played for arsenal this season, hasnt looked very convincing when he has. Their strengths lie of course out wide (aaronson, pulisic, reyna are strong technical players whose space needs to be minimized) and in CM. Adams in particular is key player for leeds at CDM and for USMNT, very solid hardworking midfield player with good technique. Similar for Mckennie and Musah.

If TM can match their intensity in the center of the park (do not need to dictate possession, but just do enough to disrupt them like we did vs superior morocco midfield line) and limit their space out wide (again we managed to do this vs similarly talented moroccan wide guys) then I think we have a strong chance given their weaknesses at CF and CB especially. Their fullbacks are also not defensively inclined at all, particularly dest on the right. Robinson on the left has been very solid for fulham this season and has a good partnership with his cb ream there at club level if berhalter wants to use it

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              lot of controversy. The fact he called up MLS trash like jordan morris, jesus ferreira, roldan has a lot of people rightfully pissed. Those guys arent a threat to anybody at domestic level, let alone international
                              Remember we might have two QSL CBs and a DM from 2nd division of Denmark in front of our goal. Wanna talk about trash? Parcham ra enghadr bala nagir ke baad bezane bere…

Comment

The England squad is not strong in defence and I think our forward players can cause them
                                issues. They need to watch how Hungary especially set up against them.
                                However, there is a lot of pace up front which will be a problem for our defenders. The key is to stop Kane in coming deep to link up, frustrate him and he goes even deeper to get the ball which leaves them with a lack of option through the centre. Track back and defend strong on the wings and play the quick counter.

Comment

Working...
                                X