No announcement yet.

USA/England preparations for WC 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also don't put any value in these friendlies.
    England vase ma shaakh mishe.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      these arent friendlies and 3x is too large of a sample size to ignore with regards to England vs Hungary. There is something deeper there we need to really analyze

Comment

England have one player who can decimate singlehandedly any team: Sterling

For me, he seems to be at another level for England compared to his club performances. I genuinely think he is the best international player in the world offensively speaking, and our left back needs to be at the highest level. I really hope Milad somehow finds his performance again, he is the only one who has the defensive capability to stop him

If there is any chance he can get injured or lose form, then we have a chance

England have other good players, of course, but this is the only one who is truly unstoppable in the international game.

Comment

I'm not worried about England with tactical genius Southgate onboard

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
            England have one player who can decimate singlehandedly any team: Sterling

For me, he seems to be at another level for England compared to his club performances. I genuinely think he is the best international player in the world offensively speaking, and our left back needs to be at the highest level. I really hope Milad somehow finds his performance again, he is the only one who has the defensive capability to stop him

If there is any chance he can get injured or lose form, then we have a chance

England have other good players, of course, but this is the only one who is truly unstoppable in the international game.
            I wouldn't call Sterling the best offensive player world wide, but agree completly with you that he plays extremely well for England, is one of their most dangerous players by far and extremely dangerous and difficult to handle for anyone.

Comment

Wondering if english fans start # stupid hashtags like :
              #sack_southgate_dalal .
              #southgate_shame_on_you_engalando_raha_kon

And people acting dramatic on britishfootball forum

Comment

Not sure how representative this is, but an informal survey of 4 England fans whether Southgate should go was 50-50.

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                  Not sure how representative this is, but an informal survey of 4 England fans whether Southgate should go was 50-50.
                  Hmmm... it definitely wasn't Parthians' mathematical prowess that made them a superpower, that is for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
                    Hmmm... it definitely wasn't Parthians' mathematical prowess that made them a superpower, that is for sure!
                    ?????

Comment

I wouldn't call Sterling the best offensive player world wide, but agree completly with you that he plays extremely well for England, is one of their most dangerous players by far and extremely dangerous and difficult to handle for anyone.
                      We definitely can't have anyone flatfooted cover him. I noticed the players we had playing against South Korea had just left their hips at home. They couldn't turn their hips and would just get smoked by the Koreans. You gotta have loose hips on defense when covering someone like Sterling. I agree that MiMo could do a great job in neutralizing him if he's in form and in shape. Let's hope...

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        these aren't friendlies but I also agree that these performances will not be indicative of what we are likely to see in the World Cup.

Comment

Someone mentioned that Wales could actually be the best team in the group and if these games are any indication, I would say that that's a great possibility.

Comment

?????
                            It was a joke, but clearly not a good one.

Comment

If you watched the England match, you'd probably notice that when Hungary was in possession of the ball, the ball never stopped moving. No pauses like we see from our midfield players, no hold up on the wing waiting for an overlapping FB. They kept the ball moving at all time.

They also didn't give the England players more than a second or two with the ball. There was almost always someone pressing.

That's key if we want any chance of scoring against little Satan. That and having quick and physical FB (cough milmo, cough).

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                                If you watched the England match, you'd probably notice that when Hungary was in possession of the ball, the ball never stopped moving. No pauses like we see from our midfield players, no hold up on the wing waiting for an overlapping FB. They kept the ball moving at all time.

They also didn't give the England players more than a second or two with the ball. There was almost always someone pressing.

That's key if we want any chance of scoring against little Satan. That and having quick and physical FB (cough milmo, cough).
                                Don't worry, Skocic is on it! I am sure he will tell Noorolahi to pass the ball quickly / and we will have Hajsafi / Noorafkhan pressing
                                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comment

Working...
                                X