No announcement yet.

USA/England preparations for WC 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wales only managed to get 1 point out of 3 games . Nations league is a competition teams don't take serious and the results and points received by teams does not show their true power.

Wales is fast , physical and well organized team in attack. However when it comes to defending their DF line is very poor. The dept of their DF has been penetrated multiple times and thats the weakness we should concentrate on.

If we don't get 3 decent friendlies in september and november then I see 3 losses or 1 point max (from usa by gheirat) in WC.

Majedi get your self together and please get us some good preparation for september and november.

Uruguay is still looking for a friendly game against us (decent asian team). Today they played panama's 2nd team and won by 5 goals. So it would be great if we can manage to book them for our september games.

Comment

Although i still believe this competition should not be used to judge teams but from watching wales in their last 4 games , this is how I rate them :

Attack: ****
      Speed: ****
      Physique: ****
      Defence: **

Comment

Both wales and england are last in the table! does this mean our group is easy? NO

It seems that top teams don't take this stupid Nations league serious. France 4th , england 4th , Germany 3rd , swiss 4th ..... etcc at least 3 of them are favs to win the WC 22 .

so september and november preps are vital for us , there are so many teams free in november and there are also so many teams looking to play against top asian teams like us.

Hopefully we can get Uruguay and albania in september and possible a good european team in november (behind closed door). Just like CQ did before asian cup and WC.

Comment

Just had a chance to watch the extended highlights of the England v. Italy match...

There's 99% chance we're going to get our first WC spanking. They press really well and that has been our biggest weakness under Skocic. Especially if Beiro and his nervous feet are in net, they can put 3+ in the net against us.

The only positive is that England does have gaps in their defence that could be exploited to keep the scoreline respectable. But that would require us having a coach who's capable of deploying a coherent gameplan.

I'm almost tempted to say we should treat the England match like a friendly and not go full on. Just take the L and keep the boys fresh for the Wales and USA matches.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
            Just had a chance to watch the extended highlights of the England v. Italy match...

There's 99% chance we're going to get our first WC spanking. They press really well and that has been our biggest weakness under Skocic. Especially if Beiro and his nervous feet are in net, they can put 3+ in the net against us.

The only positive is that England does have gaps in their defence that could be exploited to keep the scoreline respectable. But that would require us having a coach who's capable of deploying a coherent gameplan.

I'm almost tempted to say we should treat the England match like a friendly and not go full on. Just take the L and keep the boys fresh for the Wales and USA matches.
            very true.

we need to win the USA game at least by any means necessary. cannot lose that one. and a draw against wales is doable

Comment

I would think that if a coach gives up on his team from the start telling his players not to put their 100% in a WC game and lose the game, then, no doubt they would immediately lose all credibility with the team and is not worth a dime to be a coach. Instead of devising a way to blunt the better opposition they throw in the towel to maybe fight a better game the day after - no way that is a real team manager and they better quit while they are still ahead.

Comment

Thank God you're not the manager then. No professional footballers or coaches in the world go into a competitive game treating it as a friendly or with a mindset that they "just take the L". If we do that we may as well not go to the damn thing.

The fact is, this is one of the first world cup games being played (it's before the opening ceremony)... The entire England squad will have played a Premier League game the week before so will have barely a week to acclimatise in Doha and they probably won't have a friendly match. Also, the way things are going with our preparations, they'll have little or no information on us as an opposition. Playing England first is our best chance of getting a result against them.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                  Thank God you're not the manager then. No professional footballers or coaches in the world go into a competitive game treating it as a friendly or with a mindset that they "just take the L". If we do that we may as well not go to the damn thing.

The fact is, this is one of the first world cup games being played (it's before the opening ceremony)... The entire England squad will have played a Premier League game the week before so will have barely a week to acclimatise in Doha and they probably won't have a friendly match. Also, the way things are going with our preparations, they'll have little or no information on us as an opposition. Playing England first is our best chance of getting a result against them.
                  I'm saying to have a chance of winning the next two and reaching out goal of qualifying to the knockout round, we should not be too hung up on getting results against England, and having our players injured or brunt out by the third match.

That's literally the opposite of giving up... It's playing the long game.

Also Southgate doesn't need to watch our recent non existent friendlies to know that all it takes to beat Iran is to press and our defence will crumble blue cheese.

England team have been playing under Southgate for a long time now and very familiar with that their coach wants out of them. They don't need that much time before the Iran match to get in sync.

Comment

I'm saying to have a chance of winning the next two and reaching out goal of qualifying to the knockout round, we should not be too hung up on getting results against England, and having our players injured or brunt out by the third match.

Also Southgate doesn't need to watch our recent non existent friendlies to know that all it takes to beat Iran is to press and our defence will crumble blue cheese.

England team have been playing under Southgate for a long time now and very familiar with that their coach wants out of them. They don't need that much time before the Iran match to get in sync.
                    England is a powerhouse in world football (Definitely top 10) but second tier powerhouse (Not top 5) IMO. If it was Brazil instead of England in the group, I would have been agreed with you. The last time England and USA faced each other in the world cup, the match ended 1-1 and USA topped the group in WC 2010. If USA, Algeria, Costa Rica, Hungary, etc could get result against England in their good and lucky day then I see no reason for Iran to not be hopeful for getting a positive result against England. Yes, I know it is not easy to get a good result against England but not impossible with right plan either.

Comment

Maguire is the one - if he starts then we have some hope

https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/s...25251023233026

Comment

Our belief/psychology/mindset is incredibly important.

We should take the view that all three games are winnable and at least try to get points from each. We played against Argentina, Spain, and Portugal and took a point from these unwinnable games, being minutes from tying one and nearly winning another.

England has a history of underperforming at WC with big squads when there is alot of expectations and this time around there is a lot of expectations based on their Euro results. This same team that impressed you against Italy lost its game vs Hungary days ago. And it could not win it's last three games, two of them against teams that could not qualify for the WC.

We have a history of not having a winners mindset and being overwhelmed by teams that should beat us even before the game has started....Iran-Holland, Iran Germany, even Iran Portugal in 2006. Ali Parvin talks about facing these gods of football vs Holland in 78. Listening to him we hear a losing mindset. CQ instilled a mindset that we can beat anyone and that is why we performed so decently in the 2018.

Teams from former Yugoslavia, as an example, have this mindset that they can beat anyone and that is why they tend to punch above their weight in tournaments...Croatia, Serbia, even Bosnia.

England will face us fully expecting a win with not much trouble. The whole nation will believe that and that weight of expectation will become a heavy burden the longer the game goes on. It will turn to panic.

Our belief should be, no matter how many goals we are behind and how many games we have lost, we have the strength and talent to come back and win the game, even at the very last second against the very best team. Even after being thoroughly beaten, our boys should believe that they should have won.

Comment

Will be interesting to see , the game last night between England and Italy had its chances but petered out towards the end. Didn’t help that all I could hear was some yam yam kids shouting too 😂
                          I know the World Cup is gonna be in the middle of a tight season for a lot of European clubs but that means the top players should be in peak fitness. End of the season (as these Nations League games have shown) their are likely to be more burnt out, injured players.
                          This I think could be an issue when we play England and why as I’ve said before I really hope Skocic and his staff watch over the games (and from the qualifying campain) - the reliance on Kane (he has scored more goals than the rest of this squad combined in international football), penalties (we need to be really careful in the box) and Southgates hesitance to change things up and play more risks.
                          They are strong on the counter - the use Pickfords kicking ability to start these - and rely on pace down the wings with a defensive minded midfield sitting deep to stop the attacks and hit on the counter. England will look to overpower us in the middle with Kane coming deep to give them an extra man to enable them to do that.

Comment

We already had our first WC spanking. Bosnia handed that to us 3-1 back in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                              We already had our first WC spanking. Bosnia handed that to us 3-1 back in 2014.
                              Although at least Bosnia had a back-line who all played in Bundesliga, and a number of attacking players at their prime in top European leagues.

We lost by the same scoreline in 2006 to a team which didn't have that....

In any case, I'd argue we haven't had a real spanking yet.

Comment

I mean last WC england barely rescued last min 3 pts vs Tunisia in opening game. That tunisia squad is much worse than our current squad, so I while I dont think a win against them is likely, I have a feeling it will be a much closer affair than you are predicting.

From a mental perspective I doubt the Iranian team, for all its deficiencies, will even remotely resemble what we saw in recent months when we take the pitch vs England.

Comment

Working...
                                X