Discuss Group B here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post

england wasnt really pushing for the win ... playing it safe ....knowing they can easily top the group with a relatively easy win vs the toothless wales in next game..!!

looking (way..! ) forward though... I'd rather face the overrated dutch team than the gritty, solid Ecuador,,!
    they were pushing for it the first 30 min or so then definitely took a more conservative approach which I didn’t understand. But regardless of that what stood out to me in this game was the dominance of the US midfield…..always have been saying this is a big area of concern for us. What our midfield was able to do today vs wales has given me a lot more hope I have to say but regardless, it will be an uphill battle for us as their midfield is capable of running our team into the ground. We need to play smart.
    Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 11-25-2022, 03:58 PM.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Wales Iran

3 Shots on target 6

2 Shots off target 4

3 Blocked Shots 11

56 Possession (%) 44

2 Corner Kicks 7

2 Offsides 2

9 Fouls 10

28 Throw ins 18

1 Yellow cards 2

1 Red cards 0

17 Crosses 22

0 Counter attacks 13

4 Goalkeeper saves 3

7 Goal kicks 8

3 Treatments 7​

Comment

I wouldn't count on Wales and England reaching some kind of mutual understanding to match fix and draw the last match.
        Both nations hate each other. The Welsh hate the English more and have a growing movement for full independence​.

A draw is more likely to result from both teams their doing best to win in what they view as a local derby match, with historical significance for both.

Comment

I have to say the usa england game was very suspicious. Its like they both agreed to go really easy and depend on the last match.
          Look no yellow or red cards not even one!! Very simple easy game not to tire each other out.

Comment

Worst case is we tie us and England make wales advance by letting them score 2. This way we are out and both Wales and England advance.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hasan View Post
              I have to say the usa england game was very suspicious. Its like they both agreed to go really easy and depend on the last match.
              Look no yellow or red cards not even one!! Very simple easy game not to tire each other out.
              Yes it was but the USA was going 100% they were really trying to win it , England it seemed like a walk in the park for them 0% urgency no pressing , just happy to pass it around at the back …. I wouldn’t be surprised man if they had some kinda of mutual understanding…

Comment

Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
                I wouldn't count on Wales and England reaching some kind of mutual understanding to match fix and draw the last match.
                Both nations hate each other. The Welsh hate the English more and have a growing movement for full independence​.

A draw is more likely to result from both teams their doing best to win in what they view as a local derby match, with historical significance for both.
                yep a Draw is probably most likely result, with english knowing that their GD difference will carry them as the Group winners still..! and they probably dont wanna go into KO rounds all banged up from playing an overly contentious, physical game..!!

wales are just too weak to challenge them for a win... they just wanna save face in front of their fans and give a decent account of themselves at WC ... which a couple draws vs England and US will more than suffice..!

Comment

Originally posted by a_m View Post

Yes it was but the USA was going 100% they were really trying to win it , England it seemed like a walk in the park for them 0% urgency no pressing , just happy to pass it around at the back …. I wouldn’t be surprised man if they had some kinda of mutual understanding…
                  they absolutely did. British and americans are best of friends

Comment

Nobody will "let" anybody beat them. This is the WC and the English and Welsh are heated rivals. No need for Daei Jan Napoleon conspiracy theories.

A draw is likely enough. USA needs to win and score which plays right into CQ's hands.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                      Nobody will "let" anybody beat them. This is the WC and the English and Welsh are heated rivals. No need for Daei Jan Napoleon conspiracy theories.

A draw is likely enough. USA needs to win and score which plays right into CQ's hands.
                      England is through. highly doubt the send their A line up vs wales .
                      Even losing by 1 goal to Wales in case if tie between us and usa will make Wales advance

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        England is through. highly doubt the send their A line up vs wales .
                        Even losing by 1 goal to Wales in case if tie between us and usa will make Wales advance

They will surely send their A lineup. They can still get 2nd place if they dont win, but TM does. They will be playing for 1st place.

Also, England's backup wingers may be better than their starters (Foden, Grealish and Rashford). Even if they do field a few subs, there isnt much of a drop off

Comment

Hello friends. Can you draw USA and still advance?

Comment

Originally posted by nmssis View Post
                            Hello friends. Can you draw USA and still advance?
                            Yes! But only if Wales doesn't beat England. (A draw or England win will suffice).

Comment

Iran 3 Usa 1

Comment

ESPN FC pundits discuss and analyze the upcoming USA-Iran match:

Comment

Working...
                                X