No announcement yet.

Discuss Group B here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently Yunus Musah is injured and may not make it for the friendlies.

Hes a 100% starter in the WC still

Comment

https://twitter.com/USMNTTAKES/statu...CS_3Cs0tA&s=19
      So the American striker Jordan Siebatcheu has been one of the best forwards thus far in Bundesliga. For some reason he wasn't called up for the US friendlies. I still would expect a player of his caliber to go to Qatar. He's certainly a dangerous player and makes the US a favorite against us in my opinion and I guess Wales for that matter. A striker that works well vs low blocks, and a midfield that completely outclasses ours in the athleticism department. The US might not be England guys, but the players they have are exactly the kind who would give us trouble. If we get an early goal it would kill their morale. We could hope for a CONCACAF outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by LANCESBI-CYCLE2 View Post
        https://twitter.com/USMNTTAKES/statu...CS_3Cs0tA&s=19
        So the American striker Jordan Siebatcheu has been one of the best forwards thus far in Bundesliga. For some reason he wasn't called up for the US friendlies. I still would expect a player of his caliber to go to Qatar. He's certainly a dangerous player and makes the US a favorite against us in my opinion and I guess Wales for that matter. A striker that works well vs low blocks, and a midfield that completely outclasses ours in the athleticism department. The US might not be England guys, but the players they have are exactly the kind who would give us trouble. If we get an early goal it would kill their morale. We could hope for a CONCACAF outcome.
        We are around or better than Costa Rica level for a challenge with the US and with better forwards. We can definitely beat them especially if we are organized and resolute in the back.
        What's important is that the US team has a never say die attitude so OUR PLAYERS NEED TO FOCUS ON THE GAME until the whistle blows, the players leave the field and everyone is back to their hotel.
        Last edited by perspolis#1; 09-18-2022, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
          We are around or better than Costa Rica level for a challenge with the US and with better forwards. We can definitely beat them especially if we are organized and resolute in the back.
          What's important is that the US team has a never say die attitude so OUR PLAYERS NEED TO FOCUS ON THE GAME until the whistle blows, the players leave the field and everyone is back to their hotel.
          I think the Costa Rica comparison is accurate, I think we're a bit better than them. However, I disagree with the notion of having better forwards as a whole. The only forward who has really proven to be better is Taremi. Azmoun is our second best forward and even then he is only comparable to Pepi based on current form, an American forward who has also went through a goal drought in the Bundesliga. Even Josh Sargent scored a couple goals with Werder Bremen. I think Azmoun has quality, but his recent form will most likely be reflected in Qatar. Mind you this is only centre forwards, not wingers.
          The overall idea is the same though. They will no doubt take control of the game, and we must capitalize on any mistakes. If the group for them goes anything like their qualifying campaign, they could get two positive results followed by a poor one.

Comment

Originally posted by LANCESBI-CYCLE2 View Post
            I think the Costa Rica comparison is accurate, I think we're a bit better than them. However, I disagree with the notion of having better forwards as a whole. The only forward who has really proven to be better is Taremi. Azmoun is our second best forward and even then he is only comparable to Pepi based on current form, an American forward who has also went through a goal drought in the Bundesliga. Even Josh Sargent scored a couple goals with Werder Bremen. I think Azmoun has quality, but his recent form will most likely be reflected in Qatar. Mind you this is only centre forwards, not wingers.
            The overall idea is the same though. They will no doubt take control of the game, and we must capitalize on any mistakes. If the group for them goes anything like their qualifying campaign, they could get two positive results followed by a poor one.
            I was actually referring to Costa rica with the forward comparison. Joel Campbell is their only worthwhile forward with 25 goals in 117 games. Taremi is miles better thany forward the US defense played in WCQ. Azmoun plays much better next to him even in bad form.

Whats not talked about much is that most CONCACAF teams the US Mexico and play are anemic in attack.

Honduras, El Salvador, Panama, Jamaica, Costa Rica..
            What attacks do these teams have?

Only Canada started having attackers with Cyle Larin and Johnathan David with Aphonso Davies sometimes playing wong instead of LB who posed a threat to the US.

I think a well drilled Iran in WCQ would concede very rarely to any of the 5 teams above esp from open play.

IMO Reyna is very dangerous as well as Pulisic. Theres a chance our game with them has 3+ goals in it with them. Its up to CQ to figure out best way to close them down.

Comment

Kalvin Phillips is a big loss for England - he is a pivot/lynchpin type all-action midfielder for the national team.

Now, USA probably have more box-to-box high-energy central midfielders likely to start than England do, with the Leeds United duo in particular.

Comment

[David Ornstein] Kalvin Phillips set to undergo surgery on shoulder injury next week. There is optimism among Manchester City + England staff that the operation will allow 26yo midfielder to return in time for World Cup

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    you mean they all are head and shoulder above Beiranvand!!?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STYX View Post
                      you mean they all are head and shoulder above Beiranvand!!?
                      I interpreted as Iran's GK having to fend off all three teams' strikers (since we're going to get pummeled, I guess? )

Obviously, this was commissioned before CQ's return

Comment

Bale should be on the bench in that picture, Pulisic wearing a ‘MAGA’ hat on the bench, Kane playing in midfield to get the ball and moaning and front and centre Taremi doing his sssshhhhhh celebration.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                          Bale should be on the bench in that picture, Pulisic wearing a ‘MAGA’ hat on the bench, Kane playing in midfield to get the ball and moaning and front and centre Taremi doing his sssshhhhhh celebration.
                          ad this in the background

Supporting Team Melli

Comment

having watched Usa today getting beat by Japan
                            and now England against Italy, I am now beginning
                            to think we can even beat England and top the group.
                            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic
                            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Wales 1:2 Belgium
                              USA 0:2 Japan
                              England 0:1 Italy
                              Iran 1:0 Uruguay

Comment

England haven’t scored from open play for 450 minutes - worst run in 22 years

Comment

Working...
                                X