No announcement yet.

Discuss Group B here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zack Steffen completed his move to Middlesbrough for more game time to improve his chance as USA's No.1 goalkeeper at Qatar.

Comment

Christian Pulisic: "We’re going there with the intention, to go win the World Cup"

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Christian Pulisic: "We’re going there with the intention, to go win the World Cup"
        Well, he should go there with the intention of getting past TM first...oh wait...we have Skocic (we'll put out the red carpet for you sir)

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Zack Steffen completed his move to Middlesbrough for more game time to improve his chance as USA's No.1 goalkeeper at Qatar.
          Hilarious post by Middlesbrough.

Comment

Comment

Even with Skocic, I think we give the US a serious run for their money just because of the passion involved in this match. With CQ, I put money on us winning for sure

Comment

Watching my NY Red Bulls get destroyed by Orlando City right now brings me a little comfort in one area particularly.

Aaron Long (who very likely can and will start for USA in the WC as Berhalter is a big fan of his) has been in awful form lately - he got torched by driussi and Austin FC attacking players last game conceding 3 goals and now Red Bull has conceded 5, long at fault for a couple of them.

If he plays like this Taremi and Azmoun should have a field day with him even if Skocic continues with his “just go out there and play” tactics.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                  Watching my NY Red Bulls get destroyed by Orlando City right now brings me a little comfort in one area particularly.

Aaron Long (who very likely can and will start for USA in the WC as Berhalter is a big fan of his) has been in awful form lately - he got torched by driussi and Austin FC attacking players last game conceding 3 goals and now Red Bull has conceded 5, long at fault for a couple of them.

If he plays like this Taremi and Azmoun should have a field day with him even if Skocic continues with his “just go out there and play” tactics.
                  😄😄😄😄😄
                  you solved the mystery
                  of skocuc tactic.
                  SO THATS WHAT IS
                  "just go out there and play"

there is old joke in farsi
                  regarding AYAZDI football coach
                  He tells his forward
                  with yazdi accent
                  YOUR JOB IS TO SCORE GOAL
                  forward says how?
                  coach says
                  i dont tell you how to do your job
                  so dont tell me how to d my job
                  just do your job and score goals

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

The main issue for our team will be figuring out how to get the ball to them. The entire strengths of the US(good possession wingers/decent wingbacks and solid athletic midfield) is great for shielding the centerbacks. If we can get our player isolated against the defense, we may get some magic.

Also Taremi/Azmoun are 2 feet taller than any striker the US plays against in Concacaf besides Jimenez

Comment

Assuming PAG and Ezatolahi are fit and playing regular football in November, this is probably the lineup I'd like to see against England.

Iran squad.jpg

Iran squad 2.jpg

I know playing ARJ out of position in a 3 man midfield is risky but 1) he'll be the most creative with the ball of any of the 3 we do play there, 2) if we play a front 3 with him, Taremi and Azmoun we'll get smashed, 3) he's our captain so he has to start but Taremi and Azmoun are the first names on the team sheet.

Similarly, Ghoddos is at LWB despite our lack of midfield quality but he could realistically only feature there for Brentford this season when he does play and he's shown he has the capability to defend in a 5 and still offer some creative flair.

Playing a back 5 makes sense against England because if we do it right we can frustrate them and get a point which everyone here would take. Assuming we go with it, you also have the option of dropping Moharrami for ARJ at RWB and bringing someone like Nourollahi into the midfield but we'll lack any creativity in the middle. Also, I'd rather have better pace at RWB for the lack you'll have at LWB with Ghoddos. Sayyadmanesh is also an option at LWB depending on whether or not Hull continue to try him there much in next couple of months but he's defensive awareness in that position remains to be proven and that is vital to playing a lot of these players out of position given that we'll see far less of the ball in this match. Probably looking at somewhere between 25-35% of possession.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                        Assuming PAG and Ezatolahi are fit and playing regular football in November, this is probably the lineup I'd like to see against England.
                        [ATTACH]19183[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH]19185[/ATTACH]
                        I know playing ARJ out of position in a 3 man midfield is risky but 1) he'll be the most creative with the ball of any of the 3 we do play there, 2) if we play a front 3 with him, Taremi and Azmoun we'll get smashed, 3) he's our captain so he has to start but Taremi and Azmoun are the first names on the team sheet.
                        Similarly, Ghoddos is at LWB despite our lack of midfield quality but he could realistically only feature there for Brentford this season when he does play and he's shown he has the capability to defend in a 5 and still offer some creative flair.
                        Playing a back 5 makes sense against England because if we do it right we can frustrate them and get a point which everyone here would take. Assuming we go with it, you also have the option of dropping Moharrami for ARJ at RWB and bringing someone like Nourollahi into the midfield but we'll lack any creativity in the middle. Also, I'd rather have better pace at RWB for the lack you'll have at LWB with Ghoddos. Sayyadmanesh is also an option at LWB depending on whether or not Hull continue to try him there much in next couple of months but he's defensive awareness in that position remains to be proven and that is vital to playing a lot of these players out of position given that we'll see far less of the ball in this match. Probably looking at somewhere between 25-35% of possession.
                        Good lineup.

I think the compact centre-half trio might confuse each other though (especially as they aren't used to it) - unless one of them takes more of a free role?

I've gone for Mohammadi with the hope that he recovers some form as I think he is the only player who can potentially handle Sterling.

Ghoddos and Sayyadmanesh can keep hustling + switch wings, then be replaced by Jahanbakhsh and Hosseinzadeh early in the second half

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                          Good lineup.

I think the compact centre-half trio might confuse each other though (especially as they aren't used to it) - unless one of them takes more of a free role?

I've gone for Mohammadi with the hope that he recovers some form as I think he is the only player who can potentially handle Sterling.

Ghoddos and Sayyadmanesh can keep hustling + switch wings, then be replaced by Jahanbakhsh and Hosseinzadeh early in the second half

Mohammadi offers pace but if we play a 4 against England we'll concede a few goals minimum, particularly in a team prepared by Skocic. I don't see in the lineup you've given how Skocic doesn't pick ARJ over either Ghoddos or Sayyadmanesh.

A match fit PAG is still our best CB but I have big concerns over our defence in that first game unless we park the bus and try to frustrate England.

I went Abedzadeh over Beiranvand just based on the club progress in the last 18 months or so. Both are prone to making a calamity so I'm not looking forward to watching either try to command their box.

Comment

Mohammadi offers pace but if we play a 4 against England we'll concede a few goals minimum, particularly in a team prepared by Skocic. I don't see in the lineup you've given how Skocic doesn't pick ARJ over either Ghoddos or Sayyadmanesh.
                            A match fit PAG is still our best CB but I have big concerns over our defence in that first game unless we park the bus and try to frustrate England.
                            I went Abedzadeh over Beiranvand just based on the club progress in the last 18 months or so. Both are prone to making a calamity so I'm not looking forward to watching either try to command their box.
                            "To park the bus with poor defence system, one needs to grassroll on a high level to take point against stronger opposition"

Bahrain and Syra football defence philosophy book, page 1, first sencence.
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

[ATTACH]19183[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]19185[/ATTACH]

has to be 5 back vs england so I am with you on that. I think if amiri is in peak condition he should take LWB spot and push ghoddos to the MF for ARJ. I think Sko has benched him in other critical games (see Bahrain and Iraq in Manama).

Overall if Ali Karimi continues to start for Kayserispor as he has in preseason, Hosseinzadeh gets solid minutes for Charleroi, Amiri and Ezatolahi are in good fitness/form we suddenly have a decent number of options for CM roles. Emergence of Ghoddos and Allahyar as viable LWBs, and in general ghoddos far improved fitness and I suspect steady supply of at least rotational minutes is also going to be a big help.

Squad is definitely deeper than in 18 imo.

Comment

it has started

got to admit, their federation has impressive record during last years,
                                anyway, mens nt wont bring it home

My prediction, after few top tournaments, setback worldcup is usualy what follows for most teams. aka out in groupstage

so: chock loss to Iran, Taremi goal. or a draw-
                                draw vs wales
                                draw vs usa.

They will get 2-3 pts total this time.
                                Maximum 5 pts, if we go in without tactics and players on wrong positions in defence,.
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X