No announcement yet.

Discuss Group B here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never thought I'm going to say this, but with the way things are going the best option is to have Queiroz back, although we all know this is not going to happen, our defense and midfield is a mess and we need a good coach with a defensive mastermind against these 3 teams, not something I really want, but I see no choice for these three games.

Comment

I take it back man.

This group is becoming one of the hardest groups of WC. I'm just praying that these guys cant cope with stadium's atmosphere . God help us. WE need good preps others wise we are screwed in WC.

USA is actually more deadlier than england. They are fast , technical and know how to finish. VERY SCARY to me!

Comment

morroco missed the penalty ( that was not a penalty anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
          I take it back man.

This group is becoming one of the hardest groups of WC. I'm just praying that these guys cant cope with stadium's atmosphere . God help us. WE need good preps others wise we are screwed in WC.

USA is actually more deadlier than england. They are fast , technical and know how to finish. VERY SCARY to me!
          Always was. Besides England, the other teams can all pull a result against the other. It's very competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            Always was. Besides England, the other teams can all pull a result against the other. It's very competitive.
            Yea I guess so! I based my opinion on their game against costa rica and canada. But very true they have a talented squad most certainly better than their 98 squad.

Comment

Comment

Saw the US Morocco highlights.

Morocco had lots of chances too.

Their defense shut off their brains a few time, and their goalie was poor. Otherwise score was not really reflective of performance of both teams.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5mxMAavn40

Comment

Thanks for the insight and great interview with Steven! It was really cool to hear his point of view coming from someone who has experience with the current national team players.
                    I agreed with him that Alireza is the one to watch for the WC.
                    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Esteeveen!
                      "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Only three nations in this world cup that have never advanced from group stage! Iran and guess who the other two are? Canada and Tunisia. This makes the odds even more against us.
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                          Only three nations in this world cup that have never advanced from group stage! Iran and guess who the other two are? Canada and Tunisia. This makes the odds even more against us.
                          I'm not sure about that! Statistically, the more we try, the more chance of going through (no matter what the odds).
                          But I do agree the Odds are against us getting through for a host of other reasons brought up in this thread: "Will Iran's Football prosper under the Islamic Republic?"
                          زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                            I don't think that's how odds work

Comment

Originally posted by daggerhashimoto View Post
                              I don't think that's how odds work
                              It does for bookie odds I think. They take into account historical performance/context.

World Cup 2022 odds – winners (before the Euro/Asian/South American finalists determined)

Brazil +500
                              France +600
                              England +650
                              Spain +800
                              Germany +1000
                              Argentina +1000
                              Belgium +1200
                              Netherlands +1300
                              Portugal +1400
                              Denmark +2500
                              Croatia +5000
                              Uruguay +5000