No announcement yet.

Discuss Group B here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“There’s obviously then some tricky ties and this is one of those groups where you’re looking and thinking ‘some of these are potentially trickier than just the rankings’. That’s always a danger. It’s intriguing isn’t it, because we’ve never played Iran."
    -Southgate

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/gareth-...033040594.html

Comment

May have missed this if already pointed out, but there are only 8 days between the EPL's last match and England's first first WC match (against TM). This could be an advantage for TM, if some English players are given a rest or 'saved' for the second match against the US.

“It might mean you could have a few players ruled out of the first game for that reason. But I think they are talking about a slightly increased squad (up to 26) anyway. We’ll have a team!”
      -Southgate

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/gareth-...033040594.html

Comment

The main one is Raheem - the other players are controllable but if he is on the kind of international form he has been for the last few years he can tear our full backs apart.

If he gets rested, that would be great...

Comment

Well, I hope its gonna be Ukraine ... because, the league is done and some of their players won't be playing regular time

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
            I don't see our team getting out of the group. All the media frenzy on US and England, they have sports psychologists, will probably pay through the nose for proper preparation and are organized teams. They will make much less mistakes than our Asian opposition we tend to capitalize and score on. Their Euro players are hungry to prove themselves.

Meanwhile, we have zero plans so far, a hit or miss team with some gaps. Stronger attack, weaker defense. I would have preferred the opposite and our "****housery" under CQ may have irritated England and the US enough to get results. Our biggest positive is that Qatar is so irked by English/US accusations over the world cup they might help us with prep.

........ we are the underdogs.
            What accusations?

Comment

England squad has talent depth and skills BUT Iran has a huge advantage in terms both playing at “home” as Qatar is a 60 min flight from Tehran will
              Have better fan support and we as middle easterners are much more acclimatized to Persian gulf weather. We’ve seen lots of European players drop performance in warmer and more humid conditions. We are much better equipped. Now don’t get me wrong ! We might (most likely) lose this game. But I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a draw….

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                What accusations?
                The workers that died and human rights abuses..

Comment

TM assistant coach Marijo Tot discussed Iran's chances in Group B:
                  https://www.teammelli.com/marijo-tot...rom-the-group/

Comment

wow i just noticed, wales play nationsleague in june. look at these games
                    3/6 Poland Wales
                    6/6 Netherlands Wales
                    10/6 Belgium Wales
                    13/6 Netherland Wales again
                    + 2 games just before the world cup

https://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleag...ms/144--wales/
                    thats a good preparation..
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Nations League is one of the ways in which the mid-tier European sides have become much stronger. Regular competition at highest level.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                        Nations League is one of the ways in which the mid-tier European sides have become much stronger. Regular competition at highest level.
                        Yap, its great for them.
                        Conmebol and UEFA Just opened their combined office in London today as well, so say hello and hear echo in the massive gap that will be getting bigger and bigger between UEFA/CONMEBOL and the rest of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                          Best response to that would be a League-Competition that involves all Asian Powerhouses: Japan, Iran, Korea, Australia, KSA and maybe Qatar, Oman, Iraq, Uzbekistan.

Comment

https://youtu.be/y6Lfl-ycyOQ
                            golbezanpodcast.com
                            twitter.com/GolBezan
                            instagram.com/GolBezan
                            youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Originally posted by Gol Bezan View Post
                              Really enjoy the POD. Listened to the first half of this episode on my way into the office this morning, will finish it on the drive home. Keep up the good work, and thanks for your contribution \ commitment to providing us with analysis and news.

Not sure if this has been answered but what is Markar up to now? Has he been blacklisted in Iran or is he actively coaching somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
                                Really enjoy the POD. Listened to the first half of this episode on my way into the office this morning, will finish it on the drive home. Keep up the good work, and thanks for your contribution \ commitment to providing us with analysis and news.

Not sure if this has been answered but what is Markar up to now? Has he been blacklisted in Iran or is he actively coaching somewhere?
                                Thanks for that mate. He should have an update soon.
                                golbezanpodcast.com
                                twitter.com/GolBezan
                                instagram.com/GolBezan
                                youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Working...
                                X