No announcement yet.

Discuss Group B here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess the good thing about this group is the immense amount of coverage it will be getting.

And the politics of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
      I guess the good thing about this group is the immense amount of coverage it will be getting.

And the politics of it.
      I feel the US/iran now is less a big deal than when we draw them in 98.

We played them a lot in other sports (basketball, futsal, wrestling..) I guess it is different

Comment

England have a lot of good players obviously but the one who really dominates for them at international level is Raheem Sterling.

We need fast and alert full backs on both sides in case he switches and I would go for Mohammadi in this one. Otherwise I agree with this guy:

"Englands 2 worst results since the euros have been against teams which played 3/5 at the back (Poland and Hungary draws). Could be worth testing AJ as a rwb and get the players used to something like this"

https://twitter.com/simongholami27/s...51817207615488

I agree with starting JB at RWB for this, coming forward later if the scoreline is decent.

It means the kind of football which some of our fans hate (who seem to have a rose-tinted view of both Iran's infrastructure and the pool of talent at the moment) but I would rather see that than a 4-0 or 5-0 defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

And the politics of it.
          Are you talking about England game? It will get that immense coverage and nearly everyone around the world will be watching. It is the second game on the first night, the opening night. We should put all we have plus more in this game to get a respectable result and a respectable performance. The night we play England we should show the world we are not a minnow football nation. I would love to see us beat them.
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic
          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Hajsafi is a weak link in our team. We all know it. Why does he get picked all the time? This above is a good example. Our adversaries (football) undervalue our best players (Taremi) and over value our weak links (in this above Hajsafi) I really hope that our coaching team and players don't get affected and influenced by the like of above articles.
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic

Comment

Anyone know when Hajsafi’s birthday is? I’m thinking about sending him a cake.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                Explain how
                I wouldn’t insult the guy and call him a kunt but he was definitely chapool or leftist. Simple research will undoubtedly show that. Nationalization of our oil angered the brits and BP. Them and other western powers had tried to divide and weaken our country what they are achieving now with the government supported by the us democratic party, England, France, Russia and probably Israel and Germany. Kish and persian gulf to China. Caspian Sea to Russia and former ussr states. Shah god bless his soul worked hard to civilize and industrialize our nation but the world powers didn’t want to give Iran a seat at the table and brought in Khomeini. Sane thing is happening to Ukraine. They don’t want a new power coming and joining the table. BBC made khomeini popular. What saddens me is so many Iranians still hate the shah and curse the Pahlavis yet they don’t live in Iran. They make their ignorant claims from Canada, USA, Sweden or other nations. If 79 Revolution was so great why don’t you go live in Iran. Any Iranian that watches BBC is a traitor. We would gave been better off letting BP keep the oil than letting the current corrupt regime and its offspring billionaires

Comment

I don't see our team getting out of the group. All the media frenzy on US and England, they have sports psychologists, will probably pay through the nose for proper preparation and are organized teams. They will make much less mistakes than our Asian opposition we tend to capitalize and score on. Their Euro players are hungry to prove themselves.

Meanwhile, we have zero plans so far, a hit or miss team with some gaps. Stronger attack, weaker defense. I would have preferred the opposite and our "****housery" under CQ may have irritated England and the US enough to get results. Our biggest positive is that Qatar is so irked by English/US accusations over the world cup they might help us with prep.

........ we are the underdogs.

Comment

Sat in a bar just watching the Liverpool game. Two cockneys sitting next to me talking about England’s World Cup group , one of the guys bigging up Iran. Knew what he was talking about too.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                      Sat in a bar just watching the Liverpool game. Two cockneys sitting next to me talking about England’s World Cup group , one of the guys bigging up Iran. Knew what he was talking about too.
                      What kind of things did he say?

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                        What kind of things did he say?
                        Just talked us up as a hard game and that people are underestimating us - knew where we finished in our group and our defensive record etc. I mean he didn’t know the inside out of our team but just knowing that we exist as a team is more than most England fans have given us credit for.
                        Also the French journalist on the BBC in the World Cup draw last night was saying that we can’t be underestimated and was talking up Taremi.

Comment

best way to prep: camp in use/kish to get acclimated to weather, friendly vs sweden, ireland, poland, and mexico

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                            best way to prep: camp in use/kish to get acclimated to weather, friendly vs sweden, ireland, poland, and mexico
                            Yeah also these countries would want to acclimatise to weather too. Corecia would be awesome too. I hope Skocic would use its influence to arrange a friendly with Corecia even though their group does not have an Asian team.
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hajsafi is the Iranian Maguire

Comment

We need to play Costa Rice/Canada, Sweden/Netherlands/Germany, Norway/Wales/Scotland
                                If we would to have success we need get at least a draw from England. We dent need to play beautiful football, we need points. Nobody cares in 4 years if we played beautiful football.
                                We must do everything possible to annoy England and get at least a point. We need to beat the US and get 3 points or at least 1 point out of the other team

Comment

Working...
                                X