No announcement yet.

Discuss Group B here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No matter how you slide and dice the group, Iran will have a sizable challenge.

England, in my opinion is a contender to lift the cup this year and nothing is going to sway them from their goal. They are a ready, eager bunch with an abundance of high quality players in every post. This team is probably the best England has produced in the past 20 years. That said, they are not unbeatable but it takes a team equal to them to do that.

The Scotland/Wales/Ukraine challenge will also be an interesting one. Scotland/Wales play a similar style as England and they are both blessed with great players in all ranks. The Welsh team is perhaps the best that they ever produced. Given the circumstances in Ukraine, I see them as having a big challenge overcoming the playoffs and making it to the world cup, although I know it would be good for the morale of that nation. If they do however, they will pose a totally different challenge for Iran than the English teams. I think we may have a slightly better chance.

The US team is an interesting one! .. On one hand they are a strong side, but on the other they are nothing more than a MLS style franchise team. There will be a lot of emotions on the field on that day and it is very difficult to say which direction is going to go. Hopefully in our direction!

In summary, Iran has an uphill challenge ahead. It cannot afford to enter this world cup with rudimentary preparation. The plan has to be well thought-out, comprehensive and inclusive of both physical and mental preparation and directed by qualified people in charge of the team - I realize it is perhaps above the educational threshold of our federation.

Comment

I agree with a few other members Id have preferred portugal over the brits. I also would have preferred Mexico over usa. Brits and US are physically strong and insanely fit. The European playoff is actually going to be one of the weaker 4th teams in my opinion.
      On paper England are favorites and other 3 have a chance but….
      We play England first and they are fast and physical. CQ where are you. With skocic we lose 3-0
      2nd game we have to win just hope its not Ukraine as they will have world support for PR
      3rd game usa again a strong physical team. CQ where are you with skocic and his luck maybe a 1-0 or 1-1 here.
      But if we advance and end up against qatar in round of 16 we can make the quarters
      Regarding politics I don’t know much about mosaddegh but his nationalistic actions angered the brits and BP that ultimately led to the 1979 revolution. Iran was becoming powerful and the western powers didn’t want a new player. Same thing happening to Ukraine…
      Regarding government wanting to invest against usa and England wishful thinking
      We will play somalia, papa New Guinea, Palestine and Bangladesh
      I hope PAJ gets fit for wc. Him kanaani shoja majid can form our back line I don’t trust moorafkan or moharrami one bit as defenders. They are ok going forward but defensively they are a huge liability. Ramin should be brought back. My line up will be
      Amir
      Ramin. Paj kanaani. Mimo.
      Ezatt. Amiri
      Saman
      Taremi. Jb
      Sardar.

Bench Beiro Majid shoja Noorafkan sadegh. Karim, noorollahi, gholizadeh maybe sayadmanesh. Maybe ghaedi gets in form.

What happened to Ali karimi haven’t seen him in a while the defensive midfielder.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
        No matter how you slide and dice the group, Iran will have a sizable challenge.

England, in my opinion is a contender to lift the cup this year and nothing is going to sway them from their goal. They are a ready, eager bunch with an abundance of high quality players in every post. This team is probably the best England has produced in the past 20 years. That said, they are not unbeatable but it takes a team equal to them to do that.

The Scotland/Wales/Ukraine challenge will also be an interesting one. Scotland/Wales play a similar style as England and they are both blessed with great players in all ranks. The Welsh team is perhaps the best that they ever produced. Given the circumstances in Ukraine, I see them as having a big challenge overcoming the playoffs and making it to the world cup, although I know it would be good for the morale of that nation. If they do however, they will pose a totally different challenge for Iran than the English teams. I think we may have a slightly better chance.

The US team is an interesting one! .. On one hand they are a strong side, but on the other they are nothing more than a MLS style franchise team. There will be a lot of emotions on the field on that day and it is very difficult to say which direction is going to go. Hopefully in our direction!

In summary, Iran has an uphill challenge ahead. It cannot afford to enter this world cup with rudimentary preparation. The plan has to be well thought-out, comprehensive and inclusive of both physical and mental preparation and directed by qualified people in charge of the team - I realize it is perhaps above the educational threshold of our federation.
        If I had never watched soccer and read your post describing England, I'd think they had won multiple championships... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Persian Panther View Post
          Mosadegh was a traitor to Iran bro
          He was a leftish CUNT who helped the Mullas form to power
          Bad take.

And I usually agree with your political views.

Comment

golbezanpodcast.com
            twitter.com/GolBezan
            instagram.com/GolBezan
            youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

On the other hand, this could be a very difficult group indeed as it is open and every team sees a great chance to advance and therefore will prepare well with high hopes. So unless we prepare well too then we might end up with our worst ever WC finals.
              هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
              نگاه میکنید.
              sigpic
              I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                نگاه میکنید.
                sigpic
                I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

The more i think about our group the more i don't like it.

I think that we do MUCH better against South-European/South American Teams than against North/West-Europeans. Our games against England might be very similar to our friendly to Sweden where we got dominated physically. Against Teams with a shorter-technical players, we could surprise them with our playing style which is based on crosses into the box from every angle and long-balls from our own half to Azmoun/Taremi and wait for the second balls to create scoring chances. Even under CQ we most of the time rely on long balls send to our strikers. Specially with Azmoun we hope that he converts the long crosses send from our own half and provide nice pass to Taremi or vice versa. It is just in our DNA.

Beside maybe USA/Ukraine, i can't see how we are going to create problems to Teams like England/Wales/Scotland who are familiar with the "Kick and Rush" approach that has similarities with our "bekesh ziresh". That being said, we must improve our passing game and try to create chances with quick counter-attacks and less rely on long balls which will be easy for British Teams to defend.

To get to use to the physicality of England/Scotland/Wales we need to try friendlies against Belgium, Ireland, North-Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                    This is a good group in terms of Iran playing all its enemies and the government will probably invest a bit more to prepare TM to do well. lol
                    exactly

Comment

British press making it hard for me to be neutral in this game

Comment

Klinsmann saw iran at the arab cup lol

Comment

Just looking at Group C, in an ideal world you'd expect both Mexico and Poland to want to play Iran as a prep for Saudi (whether those FAs actually think it would be beneficial for them is a separate matter). Conversely those would be ideal friendlies for us for the US and Euro Playoff teams as well.

Comment

I am amazed how media and people already forgot iran wc18 in their analyze and are just sucking Senegal (who isn't able to score on open goal) and everything from europe and overrated africa just because afcon and euro just take place.

As afc is unable to promote asian football, and nation league is all over the place.

ONE SOLUTION FOR IRAN : WC every 2 years

Comment

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/202...-about-ir-iran

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                                British press making it hard for me to be neutral in this game

I love a bit of English hubris. Part of what makes their fans the most obnoxious around.

Unfortunately I don’t think Southgate will underestimate us in the same way.

Comment

Working...
                                X