Discuss Group B here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    I have to face the Iran-USA game for the second time in my life...
    I hear you, but look at my scenario thread.

That gives an example how Iranian-Americans can have a politically correct 1-1 Iran-USA result and still have TM advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Persian Panther View Post
      Mosadegh was a traitor to Iran bro
      He was a leftish CUNT who helped the Mullas form to power
      I hope you're trolling, either that or you're misinformed. He wasn't controlled by outside imperial interests who wanted to use Iran as their playing ground.

Mossadegh was a patriot and hero for the Iranian people

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        Turkey. Athletically average, technique wise very talented, passionate, physical, can't handle an organized press and tactically "Bezan ziresh". Although Turkey's backline is far superior to ours and our forwards better than theirs.

If you want a dollar store version of Iran, then Uzbekistan.

For us, I think we should line up a friendly vs Canada (would cover both USA and Scotland/wales), Norway well organized football with fast players (England), and a Camaroon or Senegal to get an idea of how we will do against African teams if we make it past the group stage.
        Great point, hadn't thought of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
          I hope you're trolling, either that or you're misinformed. He wasn't controlled by outside imperial interests who wanted to use Iran as their playing ground.

There's so many absurd political statements on this board, you have to kind of filter it out. Never forget that there are armies of PAID full time anti-Iran trolls hired by several entities and obviously there are plenty of them on this board as anywhere else on social media where you can be anonymous and pretend to be anybody else.

Fact: Mossadegh's biggest legacy is the successful nationalization of the Iranian oil industry to get it out of the grip of the British Empire.

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Explain how
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

did you guys see Ali D taking a nap?
                https://twitter.com/prznsoccer/statu...74510866513925

Comment

Whatever he was, he was chosen by Iranians. He was a democratically elected leader. Which undermines everything the west says about wanting democracy. They do want democracy, but the huge asterisk that should come with that is, a democracy that is under our control which you can tell is quite obvious because they're happy to support dictators that are in their corner. My concern is that in the end it is not the message of capitalism that will lead to its demise, but its messengers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                    The thing to remember though (from someone who has worked in all parts of the financial industry) is that when you use energy to pay for your country's pension, education, etc, it becomes tough to invest. For example, if you have a steady source of fund for pension or education, you will reward a system even if it is not performing well (for example, the quality of the work that the retiree performed during their career will suffer if they know for a fact they're receiving a pension). However, when you create a system that centralizes money, then you can allocate that money based on return and you create more opportunities this way. Otherwise a portion of the system will always be fed regardless of its performance.
                    What America and England did to Iran is FUCKED UP, however, there are logical reasons behind understanding what happened.

Comment

More I think about it, the less I want Wales to make it.
                      The more "superstars" in our group, the more likely FIFA pulls some bs for money/ratings.

Our problems with England and VAR might be disastrous by the way. Sterling is 100% going to be diving in the box. I doubt Southgate underestimates us to be honest. The media will but not him.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                        More I think about it, the less I want Wales to make it.
                        The more "superstars" in our group, the more likely FIFA pulls some bs for money/ratings.

Our problems with England and VAR might be disastrous by the way. Sterling is 100% going to be diving in the box. I doubt Southgate underestimates us to be honest. The media will but not him.
                        Scotland making it would make all the match with England politically charged. It would be best case scenario for us. Ukraine would win all neutral fans and shady crap would happen to see them through.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Dr. Mohammad Mossadegh

Please read about him from thousands of available documents. I have compiled some of them here:

The Coup, by Ervand Abrahamian is an excellent treatment of the overthrow of Mossadegh by the USA and England in order to steal Iranian oil.

As several members have said, Dr. Mossadegh was a patriot who fought thieves who came to destroy Iran.

A non-scientific poll of 10,000 people in four different Western countries over a period of several years, proved that 99.9% of them have not heard Mossadegh's name nor cared about who he was.

Dr. Mossadegh was an Iranian politician who served as the 35th Prime Minister of Iran, holding office from 1951 until 1953, when his government was overthrown in the 1953 Iranian coup d'e'tat orchestrated by the United States' Central Intelligence Agency and the United Kingdom's MI6.

There are hundreds if not thousands of sources how Western countries brought down the Prime Minister of Iran.

All the Shah's Men: An American Coup and the Roots of Terror in West Asia (Sig), by Stephen Kinzer

Western citizens remain ignorant of the role(s) their governments have played in overthrowing various governments.

Countercoup: The Struggle for the Control of Iran by Kermit Roosevelt, Jr.

This book gives inside details on the 1953 CIA overthrow of the elected Iranian government. Kermit Roosevelt was the CIA Director in charge of the operation (Operation Ajax) and was on the ground in Iran, running the operation with his agents. Kermit Roosevelt was allowed to write this book that the permission would not have been given to anyone else. This action influenced the Western countries in future clandestine operations, not only in the West Asia, but also in Latin America. The Ajax operation killed democracy in Iran, for a long time. Roosevelt rudely writes out why and how he conducted this operation.

Secrets of History: The CIA in Iran, from the New York Times

In brief, America has given laissez-faire capitalism a bad reputation. Many who previously looked to America for economic and social justice now prefer to look at other models. As for America's foreign policy, it appears to follow the Genghis Khan model. And many American believe that foreigners "don't understand them" or are "jealous of their way of life or their freedom", while Western countries drop bombs and kill many citizens. Since WWII, Western countries have killed 50,000,000 people, among them millions of children and elderly. If goes back to Belgian Kings killings in Africa, this number will increase to 75,000,000 since WWI.

Mosaddegh was imprisoned for three years, then put under house arrest until his death and was buried in his own home so as to prevent a political furor. In 2013, the U.S. government formally acknowledged the U.S. role in the coup, as a part of its foreign policy initiatives.
                          Last edited by AIrani; 04-01-2022, 08:29 PM. Reason: Spelling
                          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                            WOW! Just realized that Abedzadeh Junior, if he ends up playing, will face the same team his dad faced 24 years ago...
                            Imagine this kid watching and dreaming to be in his dad's shoes and here we are!!!
                            Originally posted by jack7000 View Post
                            Same story might go for Gio Reyna as his dad also participated in that 98' match against us.. Only football can bring such stories..
                            Yes! Both Gio and Amir are great players too. Two beautiful stories two legendary players for their respective nations (their dads) I have to say as an Iranian American this really does feel special and give me goosebumps. I’m so excited for this match the more I think about it!
                            Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 04-01-2022, 08:43 PM.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Guys, let's please stick to football. I'm more interested how Kanani will shut down Captain America.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                                Guys, let's please stick to football. I'm more interested how Kanani will shut down Captain America.
                                Well, it all starts with the team bus...

Comment

Working...
                                X