Canada x Iran.. The Mentality difference is collosal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
    I was born in 1988 and I never seen Canada play in the world cup in 34 years. This will be the first time. This squad has so much self belief and team spirit. At the moment they are the definition of 1 man down 1 man up, All for 1 and 1 for All. Canadian players and media legit saying Bring on Germany & Brazil, We wanna play with the best, we are coming to the world cup to make a deep run and prove to the world we belong

Ive seen Iran play 1998, 2006, 2014,2018 and now 2022, I saw Iran play Germany, Yugo, Argentina, Spain, Portugal x2.... World class teams, And we held our own and played great games actually. How is our team spirit? Lots of BS rumors and false stories circulating in the media, alot of click bait bullshit, Some guys against the coach, some guys against the center midfielders, fans just praying we avoid big teams and we get an easy group so MAYBEEEE we go to the next round, Hope we get Peru, hope we get Denmark

LOL my point is Iran been in world cup 5 times and played amazing yet we are all scared and praying for an easy group

Canada first time in world cup... Bring on Germany !
    I've always said if Iranians and Americans have one thing in common it's that no one is as good as shitting on our compatriots as we are. Thank you for this post. Bring on Germany!

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      I am born and raised Canadian doctor who practices in rural Canada. Racism is rampant here. People have refused to see me based on name. We usually transfer them to my Indian colleague who has an anglo name and even then they are shocked expecting a white person...

I've worked in Western Canada and it is worse in Saskatchewan and Alberta. It's better out east...although I was called terrorist and other derogatory terms by people in New Brunswick as well.

BTW I love this country. It's given me so much. But until I left Toronto for schooling I had no clue. Just read about Atlantic Canada's systematic racism against black people that continues to some degree to this day (Africvillle) or indigenous issues out west.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      People call you a terrorist and the hospital is cool with that? I'd burn that place to the ground

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
        Well there are always some idiots but Canadian society in general is pretty accepting. I am a realtor and have a pure persian name, white people call me and do business with me all the time
        Depends on the demographic tbh. Older people tend to go to the hospital more. Plus it's the shit weather in Canada. I'd be racist too if my shit froze in my stomach on the daily.

Comment

Originally posted by snowleopard View Post
          Agreed in general! But Toronto where you are based is one of most diverse cities in the world. This may not be the same in smaller cities.
          If there's one thing Donald Trump did is it made Americans take a good look at each other. I am optimistic about America... Not so much about Canada though

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
            The original post is about the collective national psyche of a ppl.
            This may be true for specific nations. Especially those like Canada. But that doesnt mean we can apply the same to other nations from other regions.
            Certainly not Iran.
            No matter what angle you pick. These two nations cannot be compared. by any parameter.

so to use Canadians' self confidence and spirit on a country in constant turmoil, poverty ridden, under constant barrage of domestic and international stress, ... etc etc etc and most importantly, run by a regime that truly works AGAINST national interests is just ridiculous and absolutely uncalled for.
            totally meaningless
            You are right to the point. It used to be that sports is sports. Iran can send the best wrestler and win... If Hassan YAzdani had to wrestle David Taylor tomorrow, we all would see Yazdani as the favorite.
            Sports is seperate from politics and dont forget that senegal beat france and that the ball is round, its the mentality of 11 vs 11 for 90 mins. So you have a point but its not as clear cut as you think. With the resume Iran has for the world cup compared to Canada, we should be the ones swinging around a 10 inch doodool, instead Canadians are over confident, and we are feeling bad bakht already
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

I am born and raised Canadian doctor who practices in rural Canada. Racism is rampant here. People have refused to see me based on name. We usually transfer them to my Indian colleague who has an anglo name and even then they are shocked expecting a white person...

I've worked in Western Canada and it is worse in Saskatchewan and Alberta. It's better out east...although I was called terrorist and other derogatory terms by people in New Brunswick as well.

BTW I love this country. It's given me so much. But until I left Toronto for schooling I had no clue. Just read about Atlantic Canada's systematic racism against black people that continues to some degree to this day (Africvillle) or indigenous issues out west.

Sorry to hear that, I can imagine certain white hicks being racists, I may have been lucky to deal with alot of educated ones, Although i am in a mid size city 45 mins away from toronto I am used to the biker white trash... They would taunt and have fun but I dont ever recall being ridiculed.
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
                People call you a terrorist and the hospital is cool with that? I'd burn that place to the ground
                It's an ongoing issue. I am not the only one. They have embarked on an anti racism bullying campaign but we can't refuse care...not much can be done.

Love my job and it's not only in public care settings. Happens in my private practice as well.

Anyways let's get back to the topic at hand...

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Yeah, it's great to see the Canadians treat it all as a nice day out and now that we have no realistic hope of achieving anything either with this clown in charge we'd do well to do likewise and abandon any realistic hope.

Comment

I just re-watched Canada v CR and Jamaica. Wow do these teams give up so much space and time to Canada. Outside the top 3 the concacaf teams play timid and don't even press till the ball is near their 18 yard box. Almost content to wait for you to attack.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Bro, do you actually think Canada can be compared to Iran? How many soccer magazines, papers, sites etc does Canada have? Whatever it is, Iran has waaaay more. And those that talk rumours and drama get highlighted because people in general like that stuff. It's not that we don't have journalists and experts who say "bring on Brazil", it's just that people either choose to ignore them, or focus on the ones saying give us an easy group.

To be quite frank, I'm getting sick and tired of these kinds of posts and comments, which are often baseless, biased, and untruthful. Iranians love the old "tu kojaye donya intorie?" Cliche.
                      Well guess what? Hamejaye donya. We're not as unique and uniquely badbakht as our people try to make us look.

Comment

Also I should add that Canadians are the masters of "gonde goozi". Prime example of the bark not matching the bite. Just look at the Prime Minister barking at Russia for the past month.

Comment

Agreed. Ultimately you will play the best if you advance. I want success...I don't care at who's expense.
                          This!

Finally a logical comment. When you get the harder teams front loaded, chances are you'll play less games before you bow out. Sure, you play top teams for once, but it's like a cold water shock and you only get 3 games.

But if you get easier teams in the beginning, your chance increases to make it further when you eventually get the harder teams anyway. So you still get the experience of playing the best with the additional bonus of playing more games to get there (and all teams you encounter along the way are worthwhile opponenents since they made it to the world cup). Plus once you made it further, your team improves both in terms of coordination and self belief.

Comment

...and if you can't even beat the less highly rated teams, at least you won't get humiliated against the best teams, because you didn't get far enough to play them and know you still have a lot of work to do before you have a chance against them.

So yeah, the easier the first round group is the more beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                              This!
                              Finally a logical comment. When you get the harder teams front loaded, chances are you'll play less games before you bow out. Sure, you play top teams for once, but it's like a cold water shock and you only get 3 games.
                              But if you get easier teams in the beginning, your chance increases to make it further when you eventually get the harder teams anyway. So you still get the experience of playing the best with the additional bonus of playing more games to get there (and all teams you encounter along the way are worthwhile opponenents since they made it to the world cup). Plus once you made it further, your team improves both in terms of coordination and self belief.
                              Absolutely!
                              Croatia 2018: grouped with the weakest Argentina in years, Nigeria and Iceland. In the KO stage: Denmark > Russia > England > France. Spain and Portugal both out in the Round of 16, after playing three matches that could have all been QF games.
                              Or Portugal's winning campaign in Euro 2016. Finished third in their relatively easy group with Hungary, Iceland and Austria (perhaps strategically). Then in the KO stage: Croatia > Poland > Wales > France
                              Casual football watchers don't understand the importance of easy groups and brackets in regards to going far in tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by EZLN View Post
                                Also I should add that Canadians are the masters of "gonde goozi". Prime example of the bark not matching the bite. Just look at the Prime Minister barking at Russia for the past month.
                                Well Canada slapped USA and Mexico so I'd say they have plenty of bite...

Comment

Working...
                                X